Bet on Sports at 1vice.ag Bet on Sports-Join MyBookie.ag today!
Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    Under .500 yyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Outside....Now!
    Posts
    27,681

    Super Bowl in Vegas

    I'll be there again!

    Booked my flight with miles from Southwest, and will be there from Feb 3-17.

    Golf trip for the most part, with a friend from town.
    "If I was overpaid in the 2004 Hilton contest, and they asked for their money back, I would have given the money back."

    ----Any Honest Man

  2. #2
    Administrator . MadJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    home
    Posts
    92,575
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by yyz View Post
    I'll be there again!

    Booked my flight with miles from Southwest, and will be there from Feb 3-17.

    Golf trip for the most part, with a friend from town.
    I'll be there for a week or so.

  3. #3
    Under .500 yyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Outside....Now!
    Posts
    27,681
    Just finished booking my room(s). What a joke.

    I wanted to stay at the same place for the whole 14 nights. I'm not a fan of packing multiple times for a trip. I had an offer for 3 nights and tickets to their Super Bowl party. I also had a 3 free nights and food credit. I know that you have to wait 72hrs between offers, so I told the girl I would pay for those three nights, get the next three free, and pay for the rest after that.

    No. You can't do that. You actually have to LEAVE the property for those three days, then come back. How fucking stupid is that?
    "If I was overpaid in the 2004 Hilton contest, and they asked for their money back, I would have given the money back."

    ----Any Honest Man

  4. #4
    Administrator . MadJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    home
    Posts
    92,575
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by yyz View Post
    Just finished booking my room(s). What a joke.

    I wanted to stay at the same place for the whole 14 nights. I'm not a fan of packing multiple times for a trip. I had an offer for 3 nights and tickets to their Super Bowl party. I also had a 3 free nights and food credit. I know that you have to wait 72hrs between offers, so I told the girl I would pay for those three nights, get the next three free, and pay for the rest after that.

    No. You can't do that. You actually have to LEAVE the property for those three days, then come back. How fucking stupid is that?
    Won't they let you switch to one of their sister properties?

    Are you a total rewards member with CET? I bet you could get comped at one of their properties if you're a member.

    Just register online with you TR Card number and you can check your offers.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Under .500 yyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Outside....Now!
    Posts
    27,681
    Quote Originally Posted by MadJack View Post
    Won't they let you switch to one of their sister properties?

    Are you a total rewards member with CET? I bet you could get comped at one of their properties if you're a member.

    Just register online with you TR Card number and you can check your offers.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    I can bounce all over town and have free rooms, that's not my issue. I want to stay in one place, and avoid all the hassles of packing and moving.


    My point is, I am willing to give a place 14 nights of business, and they are telling me they can't do it based on what? I am using two offers for free rooms? So, if I move out for 72 hours, it's all good. I can use both offers. But, if I want to give THEM my business for those 72 hours, I can't use the other offer? Fucking ridiculous!
    "If I was overpaid in the 2004 Hilton contest, and they asked for their money back, I would have given the money back."

    ----Any Honest Man

  6. #6
    wow...Vegas is a real welcoming bandwagon..

    enjoy your stay yyz..and I hope you win a 12 cubic yard capacity dump truck load of $100.00 bills

    but that shyt is just piss poor from a hospitality standpoint.


    It's another great day to be alive.

  7. #7
    Administrator . MadJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    home
    Posts
    92,575
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    wow...Vegas is a real welcoming bandwagon..

    enjoy your stay yyz..and I hope you win a 12 cubic yard capacity dump truck load of $100.00 bills

    but that shyt is just piss poor from a hospitality standpoint.
    I think they all have a policy that's similar.

    CET lets me stay 7 nights, Venetian 5 nights, then you have to leave for 72 hours and can come back on comp.

    I like moving around.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by MadJack View Post
    I think they all have a policy that's similar.

    CET lets me stay 7 nights, Venetian 5 nights, then you have to leave for 72 hours and can come back on comp.

    I like moving around.

    so why would any casino want you to leave the premises.


    It's another great day to be alive.

  9. #9
    Administrator . MadJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    home
    Posts
    92,575
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    so why would any casino want you to leave the premises.
    Must be a law? No idea why they would want you to leave. Maybe it's a formula for giving out comps. I know they don't want the big players leaving and don't make them.

  10. #10
    Under .500 yyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Outside....Now!
    Posts
    27,681
    Someone explained it to me on the VMB site, and it makes sense......sort of.

    He said that the casino knows my history, and my comps are based on that. They give me three free nights based on the theory that they have figured out that's how long it takes to get my gambling budget. He went on to say why would they want me there if I am not gambling? It makes a little more sense when explained like that.

    Here's the rub. My normal trip is 4-5 days. This trip is 15 days. Wouldn't a smart person figure I am bringing more money than normal? Even if I don't bring more cash, I am STILL paying for the right to stay at your casino. It's not like the place is going to be at 100% capacity.

    Bottom line is that they are in the business of being in business, not me. They have a line on everything. You will see a casino with table after table of no one playing because the minimums are $50-100, while the two tables that are $15 are packed to the gills. You and I would think, "Why not lower the minimums on the other tables", while the casino knows they will eventually get players at those tables, and cover their nut. (I guess)
    "If I was overpaid in the 2004 Hilton contest, and they asked for their money back, I would have given the money back."

    ----Any Honest Man

  11. #11
    Administrator . MadJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    home
    Posts
    92,575
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by yyz View Post
    Someone explained it to me on the VMB site, and it makes sense......sort of.

    He said that the casino knows my history, and my comps are based on that. They give me three free nights based on the theory that they have figured out that's how long it takes to get my gambling budget. He went on to say why would they want me there if I am not gambling? It makes a little more sense when explained like that.

    Here's the rub. My normal trip is 4-5 days. This trip is 15 days. Wouldn't a smart person figure I am bringing more money than normal? Even if I don't bring more cash, I am STILL paying for the right to stay at your casino. It's not like the place is going to be at 100% capacity.

    Bottom line is that they are in the business of being in business, not me. They have a line on everything. You will see a casino with table after table of no one playing because the minimums are $50-100, while the two tables that are $15 are packed to the gills. You and I would think, "Why not lower the minimums on the other tables", while the casino knows they will eventually get players at those tables, and cover their nut. (I guess)

    Corporations that took it all over with the college kids making the rules and have no idea how to run a gambling operation. The mob did things the right way.

  12. #12
    searching the web...can find nothing..

    very interested to know why a McDonalds wouldn't want you buying Big Mac's all day long simply because you are taking up a seat..


    It's another great day to be alive.

  13. #13
    Administrator . MadJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    home
    Posts
    92,575
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    searching the web...can find nothing..

    very interested to know why a McDonalds wouldn't want you buying Big Mac's all day long simply because you are taking up a seat..

    It's all about the comps and your history of play.

    If you have a million dollar line of credit, you can stay all year.

  14. #14
    Under .500 yyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Outside....Now!
    Posts
    27,681
    Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    searching the web...can find nothing..

    very interested to know why a McDonalds wouldn't want you buying Big Mac's all day long simply because you are taking up a seat..


    That's what I said over there. I said that if I had a 2-for-1 coupon for Whoppers at Burger King, they wouldn't tell me I had to wait 72 hours before I ate there again, even if I was paying full price.

    It's stupid.
    "If I was overpaid in the 2004 Hilton contest, and they asked for their money back, I would have given the money back."

    ----Any Honest Man

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by yyz View Post
    That's what I said over there. I said that if I had a 2-for-1 coupon for Whoppers at Burger King, they wouldn't tell me I had to wait 72 hours before I ate there again, even if I was paying full price.

    It's stupid.
    have a super time ...always good to see pics from the trips you folks take..


    It's another great day to be alive.

  16. #16
    Under .500 yyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Outside....Now!
    Posts
    27,681
    One month away!


    Who is going to be in town?

    "If I was overpaid in the 2004 Hilton contest, and they asked for their money back, I would have given the money back."

    ----Any Honest Man

  17. #17
    Registered User Wineguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    4,932
    We have our flights and hotel booked but it looks like we are going to have to postpone for now due to some issues with Angela's Mom. Not cancelled at this time, but would not plan on us. Once we have a better idea what is going on we can make the decision. I will keep you posted Eric.
    Poon is a fucking retarded idiot. There are many losers on this site, other prominent losers include: BBC, Wineguy (tie with BBC for the fattest and ugliest), 3 putt pete, kickserv (the dumbest), Trampled Underfoot (or Hank), SoCalYo, ppabart (most pathetic), and greggraffin.

    There you have it

    kneifl

  18. #18
    Under .500 yyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Outside....Now!
    Posts
    27,681
    Quote Originally Posted by Wineguy View Post
    We have our flights and hotel booked but it looks like we are going to have to postpone for now due to some issues with Angela's Mom. Not cancelled at this time, but would not plan on us. Once we have a better idea what is going on we can make the decision. I will keep you posted Eric.
    Family first, Chuck. I hope mom gets better and you guys can make it. Maybe we can nail down the golf particulars for later in the year while we are out there? I'd really love to play with you guys down south!
    "If I was overpaid in the 2004 Hilton contest, and they asked for their money back, I would have given the money back."

    ----Any Honest Man

  19. #19
    bonswa SixFive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    BG, KY, USA
    Posts
    17,721
    Quote Originally Posted by yyz View Post
    Family first, Chuck. I hope mom gets better and you guys can make it. Maybe we can nail down the golf particulars for later in the year while we are out there? I'd really love to play with you guys down south!
    I haven't been playing, but lmk if u head down sometime, and we'll connect. Wish I could make Vegas. I miss it so much!

  20. #20
    Under .500 yyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Outside....Now!
    Posts
    27,681
    Quote Originally Posted by SixFive View Post
    I haven't been playing, but lmk if u head down sometime, and we'll connect. Wish I could make Vegas. I miss it so much!
    Is your health a little better? I know the schedule you were on in Las Vegas was a killer.
    "If I was overpaid in the 2004 Hilton contest, and they asked for their money back, I would have given the money back."

    ----Any Honest Man

  21. #21
    bonswa SixFive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    BG, KY, USA
    Posts
    17,721
    Quote Originally Posted by yyz View Post
    Is your health a little better? I know the schedule you were on in Las Vegas was a killer.
    Pretty healthy, just too fat. Terrible case of plantar fasciitis now, and every time I work I develop swelling from my knees down. Sux to get old.

  22. #22
    Degenerate
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Ventura, Ca.
    Posts
    2,969
    Thinking of going for a few nights next week monday thru wed night. Booked at the 4 Queens, can still cancel by sunday. So-so place but cheap and no %$#^* resort fee. I mean the resort fee is higher then the room price on some of those places on expedia. Probably will just grind some poker. Games would be juicy at Commerce with the LAPC but I have no luck at that place ever and I mean EVER! Will risk about $1000 so 5 $200 buy ins for 1-2. Where would you go sixfive for that early in the week and this time of year?

    Theo Epstein - 2020

  23. #23
    Under .500 yyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Outside....Now!
    Posts
    27,681
    Piss on the Super Bowl......
    "If I was overpaid in the 2004 Hilton contest, and they asked for their money back, I would have given the money back."

    ----Any Honest Man

  24. #24
    bonswa SixFive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    BG, KY, USA
    Posts
    17,721
    Quote Originally Posted by JT View Post
    Thinking of going for a few nights next week monday thru wed night. Booked at the 4 Queens, can still cancel by sunday. So-so place but cheap and no %$#^* resort fee. I mean the resort fee is higher then the room price on some of those places on expedia. Probably will just grind some poker. Games would be juicy at Commerce with the LAPC but I have no luck at that place ever and I mean EVER! Will risk about $1000 so 5 $200 buy ins for 1-2. Where would you go sixfive for that early in the week and this time of year?

    If you're downtown, go to he Nugget. My favorite places to play are Aria, PH, and Hard Rock otherwise.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyrightę 1998-2014 J Wooden Corporation, Inc
US CITIZENS PLEASE NOTE: The information contained in this site is for news and entertainment purposes only.
Any use of this information in violation of any federal, state, or local law(s) is prohibited.

Disclaimer   DMCA Notice