Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
    Champions League

I have touched upon this before but I firmly believe that Juve is the better overall team. There is no doubt defensively but I have argued with others that I think they are just as good upfront. I know it seems nuts, but Higuain, Dybala and Mandzukic are extremely strong and arguably just as good as Ronaldo, Bale and Benzema, especially with Bale on the mend and Benzema being very one dimensional. People just do not think of Juve as a strong offensive team, but they are.

Two other ancillary factors also play into my decision. No team has repeated since it officially became the Champions League is 1992-93. Also, Buffon has won every championship there is except for this final.

Everything points to Juve to me. I will play most of my money on Juve to lift the trophy at Even money. I will likely throw the rest on Juve +195 and a couple prop bets. I see Juve +650 to win in extra time and +600 in penalties. These are enticing, but I prefer to mostly keep it simple. Sure I give up some profits if they win in regulation, but I would rather take the draw out of the equation and play it big for even money.

Have fun watching the game. Have to admit that I really liked when this game was played on a Wednesday versus Saturday.
    "Two tears in a bucket, motherf*@#k it!", Lady Chablis

Quote Originally Posted by BASON View Post
    Champions League

I have touched upon this before but I firmly believe that Juve is the better overall team. There is no doubt defensively but I have argued with others that I think they are just as good upfront. I know it seems nuts, but Higuain, Dybala and Mandzukic are extremely strong and arguably just as good as Ronaldo, Bale and Benzema, especially with Bale on the mend and Benzema being very one dimensional. People just do not think of Juve as a strong offensive team, but they are.

Two other ancillary factors also play into my decision. No team has repeated since it officially became the Champions League is 1992-93. Also, Buffon has won every championship there is except for this final.

Everything points to Juve to me. I will play most of my money on Juve to lift the trophy at Even money. I will likely throw the rest on Juve +195 and a couple prop bets. I see Juve +650 to win in extra time and +600 in penalties. These are enticing, but I prefer to mostly keep it simple. Sure I give up some profits if they win in regulation, but I would rather take the draw out of the equation and play it big for even money.

Have fun watching the game. Have to admit that I really liked when this game was played on a Wednesday versus Saturday.
    Some great odds on 5Dimes for the win in extra time/penalties:

Sat 6/3 10451 Juventus wins in extra time +1010
    2:45PM 10452 Any other result -1520

Sat 6/3 10454 Juventus wins in penalties +800
    2:45PM 10455 Any other result -1250

Sat 6/3 10457 Real Madrid wins in extra time +975
    2:45PM 10458 Any other result -1475

Sat 6/3 10460 Real Madrid wins in penalties +825
    2:45PM 10461 Any other result -1275

I guess I'm sticking with my future on Juve at 10-1 and not gonna hedge. Not really sure if I should
    Last edited by DZ; 06-03-2017 at 01:30 PM.

What an unbelievable first half goal by mandzukic!

Best I've seen in any final.

What a bummer. Congrats to Real and Ronaldo. Deserving champions. I just really wished we'd have seen Juve pull one out for Gigi Buffon.

They just got their asses handed to them in the second half. Think back line showed a little bit of their age. Not sure why they didn't come out and play like they did in the first half.

I added the over to help lessen the loss but this one hurt a little.

May have some federation cup plays as it looks like most teams with the exception of Germany are coming with top rosters.

Putting a couple bucks on Ireland today against Uruguay. They are back home after getting crushed by Mexico. Will be back at full strength and is a big warm up for upcoming world cup qualifier. Don't see much motivation here for Uruguay as the do not have a competitive match until the end of August.

final thread recap

After futures and catching up on everything my totals is at +415* on the year. My year for myself runs august through July so ill have a June-July thread up that wont be as busy but will be a place to place MLS stuff, international stuff..

Want to thank everyone involved in this thread that continues to make this one of a kind with great conversation and insight.

Quote Originally Posted by PittsburghKid View Post
    After futures and catching up on everything my totals is at +415* on the year. My year for myself runs august through July so ill have a June-July thread up that wont be as busy but will be a place to place MLS stuff, international stuff..

Want to thank everyone involved in this thread that continues to make this one of a kind with great conversation and insight.
    Fantastic results and thread. Nice job!

Thanks Bobby, let's all keep it going and keep getting positive results !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PittsburghKid View Post

Thank you very much Kid. I stumbled across this thread late in the game but nevertheless I'm up 47 units. Congrats on a fantastic year so far!