Bet on Sports at 1vice.ag Bet on Sports-Join MyBookie.ag today!

On the last play of the game....

Saban should have told his defenders to tackle and all receivers going out for a pass.
    They would have been called for interference, put the ball on the 1 yard line, with 1 second left.
    Do you think Clemson would have gone for it then ? I say no. They would have been forced to kick the FG for the tie.

Thoughts?
    Never use big money to win small money .
    Always expect the unexpected !

There's always ways to win back your money . Never chase back your losing by being a Chalkbettor. Greed is good but learn using small bait to catch big fish
    Don't expect me to bring richness to you
    I'm just a small fish !

FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK !

They set such a good illegal pick they couldn't get over to tackle him or I think they would have

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    They set such a good illegal pick they couldn't get over to tackle him or I think they would have
    True that

There's always ways to win back your money . Never chase back your losing by being a Chalkbettor. Greed is good but learn using small bait to catch big fish
    I'm just a small fish !

Blog Entries
    Pretty sure they add time back on the clock on a defensive penalty in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by MadJack View Post
    Pretty sure they add time back on the clock on a defensive penalty in that situation.
    Maybe 3 seconds tops.
    Would be very risky to go for it .
    If the did I would do it again leave them 1 untimed down
    I would bet they would have kicked the FG
    Arm chair QB

I'm just a small fish !

poker brat
    Quote Originally Posted by MadJack View Post
    they don't add time back on like that. Standard time, standard rules. If the clock goes to zero, if the clock runs out they get 1 final play.

something similar happened like this in a game earlier this year.
    21 March 2008 - I cried a little tear of happiness today while punching my K-bar through a basketball.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marine View Post
    they don't add time back on like that. Standard time, standard rules. If the clock goes to zero, if the clock runs out they get 1 final play.

something similar happened like this in a game earlier this year.
    Suppose there was an offensive penalty, do they run off 10 seconds and end the game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I mentioned this strategy in the next to last paragraph of all my ramblings on a different topic. But yes, I agree, great strategy....I'd actually like to see this strategy combated by a rule but no one seems to use it anyway...

http://www.madjacksports.com/forum/s...me-Ever-Debate

As far as offensive penalty on that play...I do know that, let's say Clemson holds and time runs out as they score...0:00 instead of 1 second left. Holding Clemson....game over....Alabama wins. Game can't end on a defensive penalty....it can end on an offensive penalty.

The clock would have to be somehow running after the play for the 10-second run off to come into effect...or maybe grounding....I think that would...but Clemson had a timeout so they could have used it to avoid 10-second runoff in that case.

To add to it....on one hand its cheap and dirty....but on the other, not really....teams foul all the time. Guys get beat deep but reach out and grab a guy's jersey and take the PI....I do think they need to think of a way to make it not so enticing....but I've rarely seen teams capitalize on it....and I was thinking of that strategy as soon as they lined up with 6 seconds to play.

Quote Originally Posted by TouchdownJesus View Post
    To add to it....on one hand its cheap and dirty....but on the other, not really....teams foul all the time. Guys get beat deep but reach out and grab a guy's jersey and take the PI....I do think they need to think of a way to make it not so enticing....but I've rarely seen teams capitalize on it....and I was thinking of that strategy as soon as they lined up with 6 seconds to play.
    Totally on the Money. Great minds think alike

"But yeah, back to last play. I was waiting for a late flag like Miami/OhioSt. If I'm Alabama on that, I pretty much hold every eligible WR and take the penalty. Worst case scenario is one last play from the 1. Do they kick the FG or go for it...who knows....but it was such an advantage at that point for Clemson. He's got one read, if not there, throw it away quick and go to OT. "

I'm just a small fish !

I agree! And I'm already ready for next college football season! Just want them to expand the playoff!