Bet on Sports at 1vice.ag Bet on Sports-Join MyBookie.ag today!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do you cheap bastids tip at full service restaurants?

If so, how much?
    "There are a lot of places I like, but I like New Orleans better"

Bob Dylan

10-18% of PRE-taxed food amount.....

10% is a basic "pity tip" for basic functional service.

18% is for "can I wash your car in my spare time" super service.
    "Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see"

John Lennon, Strawberry Fields.

Yeah. About 20%. Servicing the public isn't easy to do a lot of times. Personally think they earn and deserve every penny.

10% min, more for good service.

I tip the hostess, too. About 35% of the diner bill. After all, she took down our name, and handed us a pager.

When the busboy swings by to clean the table across from us, I jump up and hand him a twenty, too. I mean, none of the other cheap fucks dining will give him anything.
    "If I was overpaid in the 2004 Hilton contest, and they asked for their money back, I would have given the money back."

----Any Honest Man

Quote Originally Posted by yyz View Post
    I tip the hostess, too. About 35% of the diner bill. After all, she took down our name, and handed us a pager.

When the busboy swings by to clean the table across from us, I jump up and hand him a twenty, too. I mean, none of the other cheap fucks dining will give him anything.
    Even if she mis-spells your name?
    "Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see"

John Lennon, Strawberry Fields.

atleast 20% however if I'm not happy with the service, I will let them know about it. I've written "zero" a few times...

Alway tip regardless

I tip 15 - 20% when dining in at a regular restaurant.
    “Religion might be helpful in death, but education is helpful in life.” — Anonymous

"Objective, verifiable facts no longer matter as much as our preconceptions and passions do." - Eric Frazier

went to cracker barrell last wk, put my name in as hor-nay,told her spelled h o r n y, 20 min later there was new girl at desk said horney party of 4 your tbl is ready
    gave her $5
    'Make America Great Again'

I have one experience on tipping.......my 83 yr old mom loves eating at cracker barrel......... not my choice, yet hers. So we go to lunch with mom and my wife having the normal service at first.....but wait, this girl was very spot on and very attentive, unlike most of the waitresses I have experienced there. Something told me to give her a very big tip......I gave her 60.00, I know an idiot right? More than the actual total bill. She came back to our table in tears as she needed the exact money to make a rent payment. I don't know why I did it, yet .....I did and I did not regret doing so. I think you should tip what ever you feel the experience was for you. It obviously made a difference in this persons life. She was very genuine in her appreciation....You may say I am a Sap, it made me feel better as a person.......
    Winner of the 2013 Hippo-Phart Contest!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Handi Capper View Post
    went to cracker barrell last wk, put my name in as hor-nay,told her spelled h o r n y, 20 min later there was new girl at desk said horney party of 4 your tbl is ready
    gave her $5
    I guess your experience was different than ours..........
    Winner of the 2013 Hippo-Phart Contest!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Betone View Post
    I have one experience on tipping.......my 83 yr old mom loves eating at cracker barrel......... not my choice, yet hers. So we go to lunch with mom and my wife having the normal service at first.....but wait, this girl was very spot on and very attentive, unlike most of the waitresses I have experienced there. Something told me to give her a very big tip......I gave her 60.00, I know an idiot right? More than the actual total bill. She came back to our table in tears as she needed the exact money to make a rent payment. I don't know why I did it, yet .....I did and I did not regret doing so. I think you should tip what ever you feel the experience was for you. It obviously made a difference in this persons life. She was very genuine in her appreciation....You may say I am a Sap, it made me feel better as a person.......
    I think that is great! The best part about it, is that you aren't in here trying to make others feel like shit because they don't meet your standards on how or why you should tip.

"If I was overpaid in the 2004 Hilton contest, and they asked for their money back, I would have given the money back."

----Any Honest Man

Quote Originally Posted by Handi Capper View Post
    gave her $5

15% if get decent service, 20 if really good

the service industry is tough. 20% across the board and many times much more if the server goes above and beyond. With that said, I've never tipped on take out. There is no "service" to tip. Bagging the meal and ringing it up? I guess that means I need to tip at the grocery store, local library, Best Buy, etc etc etc.

Usually 20% Sometimes less if really bad service.
    This bars full of sad sacks dogs on the loose. Beer guts and bad backs from years of abuse.
    Kenny White

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Money View Post
    Even if she mis-spells your name?
    Not very hard to spell YYZ...

Usually 20% But if the service was bad,I'll leave pocket change. Enough coins to make it a hassle to pick up.I figure that will make the waitress even more aware of how we were ignored. Embarrasses the hell out of my girlfriend but it's only been that bad a couple of times.
    No matter how badly you are playing, its always possible to play worse.

I tip servers 20% minimum unless extraordinarily bad but that hasn't happened in a long time. When out drinking i always tip well.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk
    Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit

As a matter of fact I once gave a guy a ten dollar tip when he had my phone after a night out and he "accidentally" took it home, and four others, but I located it through gps and he saw me pull up and handed it to me. I gave him $10 and called the cops

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk
    Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit

Quote Originally Posted by Cie View Post
    If so, how much?
    On average I tip anywhere from 15-25% depending on the service....
    Blindly following my plays can be hazzardous to your wallet.

"When you lose your money, you lose nothing.
    When you lose your health, you lose something.
    When you lose your character, you lose everything"....Meyer Lansky

"There are 3 times in life when it's useless trying to hold a man to anything he says....when he's madly in love, drunk, or running for office"....Robert Mitchum

15% ALWAYS
    http://www.madjacksports.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=291680&dateline=1369412840You Get Lucky when preparation meets opportunity!

Solid, fellas. I tip 20% of gross and round up. I don't recall the last time I had bad service at a restaurant, so been ages since i tipped 15%, which is what i would tip a bad server
    "There are a lot of places I like, but I like New Orleans better"

Bob Dylan

Solid, fellas. I tip 20% of gross and round up. I don't recall the last time I had bad service at a restaurant, so been ages since i tipped 15%, which is what i would tip a bad server
    Why would you tip 15% for "bad service"? Where else would you do that? The idea that a tip is mandatory, is a joke.

Tips today seem to run along the lines of "everyone gets a trophy".

----Any Honest Man

Quote Originally Posted by BUCKY1 View Post
    Yeah. About 20%. Servicing the public isn't easy to do a lot of times. Personally think they earn and deserve every penny.
    Wish the people i deliver too would think that way.

But no because of a stinkin Delivery charge i get stiffed by 20% of all.

WTF man gas cost $2.50 per gal .maintenace also added in every thing wiperblades $20 OIL changes $38

Flat tires $15

I dont get it today people in high rent district are Chaep and the ones that visiting Philly are real bad in top end hotels rooms cost $150 per night plus.

The Hilton, Lowes , marriot, Doulble Tree, etc. The workers too and i have to walk around for 3 city blocks inside to find the fuckers.

These dopes forget I got your phone number I could enter your number on some car sales website or car insurance or maybe an adult chat room.

http://www.madjacksports.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=291680&dateline=1369412840You Get Lucky when preparation meets opportunity!

Why would you tip 15% for "bad service"? Where else would you do that? The idea that a tip is mandatory, is a joke.

Tips today seem to run along the lines of "everyone gets a trophy".
    I was a waiter when I was in college, so I have some sympathy (lack of a better word) for these people....

I don't believe that they give bad service intentionally....

Sometimes they are buried so they cannot help it....

So I tip at least 15% because of effort....
    Blindly following my plays can be hazzardous to your wallet.

"When you lose your money, you lose nothing.
    When you lose your health, you lose something.
    When you lose your character, you lose everything"....Meyer Lansky

"There are 3 times in life when it's useless trying to hold a man to anything he says....when he's madly in love, drunk, or running for office"....Robert Mitchum

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AR182 View Post
    I was a waiter when I was in college, so I have some sympathy (lack of a better word) for these people....

This is the plan I'm on as well. Exceptional service gets more.

No smile,no refill on coffee or beverages,45 minute wait , no apologies EQUALS 67cent tips with plenty of pennies.
    No matter how badly you are playing, its always possible to play worse.

I don't buy it. I can tell if a joint is packed, and the service might be thinned out between tables, or.....a person simply doesn't give a shit. This job is no different than any other, as far as work ethics go. You have people who do the job, and people who bitch about it, and don't give a damn. If I get stuck with one of them, fuck em!

The wife and I frequent two spots in town. Each of them has one waitress I will NOT let serve us anymore. The first one, is a drunk who just wants to go grab the next drink and a smoke. Fucks up something on our order almost every single time. What am I tipping her for?

The second, is simply a dumbass. Has no clue how to wait a table, and has been doing it for years. She also screws up the orders on a regular basis. I will see people around us sending stuff back, too, so it isn't just my perception.

After many, many times in her section, I finally told the owner, "No more". I didn't want to get the gal in trouble, but I don't need the frustration of feeling stressed out while I am trying to enjoy a night out. And we tipped her 20% all of the time. I finally asked myself, "What the hell am I paying her extra for, when she ruins my night?"

She was the (pardon the pun) tipping point for me deciding that a 15-20% tip is not mandatory. Now, you get what you earn.

----Any Honest Man