Thread: Saratoga 8/11

Saratoga 8/11

1 (0-1-0)

Nice day here today not too hot (yet) a few sprinkles but nothing to ruin the day.

Race 8

#3 Weekend Hideaway

$20 wps

GL all!
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave in a pristine well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting " Holy Shit... What a Ride!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Morris View Post
    1 (0-1-0)

Nice day here today not too hot (yet) a few sprinkles but nothing to ruin the day.

Race 8

#3 Weekend Hideaway

$20 wps

GL all!
    Looking at this race right now, bob.
    Enjoying a cold PBR today at the spa?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."

Ernest Hemingway

Hey Mike, another dud here today. I've had a few good ones but nothing really solid this year yet. Treading water so far.

Ritchie Violette gave us a good one last year towards the end of the meet. Sister rents to a trainer but he is tight lipped.

Where you going in Jamaica? WE've been to Mex 3 times this year and thinking about sneaking in a short trip to Jam. at the end of Nov.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave in a pristine well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting " Holy Shit... What a Ride!!"

Montego Bay. Going with some friends and the kids to an all inclusive that caters to families-- their idea. When I think of Jamaica I don't think of it being a family destination but we shall see how it goes.
    I wanted to go to Aruba as the resort we went to there was awesome and very kid friendly, but it was a few dimes more expensive than Jamaica so off we go on December 28th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."

Ernest Hemingway

We've stayed in MoBay a couple of times. Once at the Iberostar...., great food and rooms, beach was good too. The other time was at the Riu again food and rooms were great but beach was just ok.

Be careful going off the resort by yourself.

Scotchies has great jerk chicken.

Rick's Cafe is about 1 1/2 hours away and is a tourist trap but if you must....

Quote Originally Posted by Morris View Post
    We've stayed in MoBay a couple of times. Once at the Iberostar...., great food and rooms, beach was good too. The other time was at the Riu again food and rooms were great but beach was just ok.

Be careful going off the resort by yourself.

Scotchies has great jerk chicken.

Rick's Cafe is about 1 1/2 hours away and is a tourist trap but if you must....
    I hear you about wandering off by yourself in Jamaica. I've been to Ocho Rios and negril before-- it's been at least 25 years though and the island wasn't safe off the resorts back then-- can't imagine what things are like today.
    No tourist traps for me-- golf at dawn every day, drinking on the beach in the afternoon followed by an early dinner and bed by 9 pm so I can get up and do it all again the next day.....

Ernest Hemingway