Bet on Sports at 1vice.ag Bet on Sports-Join MyBookie.ag today!

Oct 12-14.. Degenerate HSF and Div 1-3 Stuff

Record to Date:

HSF Plays: 26-7-1 (+41.6 units)
    FCS Div 1AA: 43-37 (-27.6 units)
    D3: 0-2 (-7.2 units)
    NCAA D1A: 46-51-3 (-30.4 units)

Armageddon transpired last week on posted plays... Tres disappointing considering the Degenerate Plays have been blistering at 79%......unfortunately, the wheels fell off of the regular plays and I decided to go throw back some brews with friends in South Lake where the day went much better......

On to the new week.... Hopefully get this grind going in a productive manner... Not going to be around much as my nephew lives in Santa Rosa and unless you been under a rock, then you know that part of CA is burning to the ground.... My prayers go out to all the people who lost their homes, livelihoods and life in these catastrophic fires.....

No big write ups... Sorry!

Northwestern -3 Carol City (38)

Its the 4-1 Bulls of Northwestern against the 4-1 Chiefs of Carol City, Florida getting after it on the Duece featuring some of the top talent in South Florida.... Moment of truth for both programs... Carol City comes in having won the 6A crown ly... Interestingly, Carol City split with NW last season losing (19-14) in league, but getting back in playoffs (34-27).

Carol City has been to the State Coffers 7X, coming away with 5 Titles... Chiefs have averaged 34 ppg and have only given up 6 points in 5 games (opened with a loss to Deerfield Beach (6-2..a baseball score)... They are the #100 ranked team in the Nation and #13 in Florida... CC has registered 4 consecutive shut outs... Their stock is up as new HC Benedict Hypollite (I kid you not) has the offense clicking (last week, they put up 44 points to 0 to run the clock against Southridge)... While there are FCS talent all over the field, the top athletes hold main jobs on D... Sr S Randy Russell (5'10 180 lbs) going to Florida while CB K Roberts is FIU bound.... DE Aaron Morgan (6'3" 240 lbs) going to the U and LB Sr Yasir Abdullah (6'0" 190 lbs) has multiple offers more....RB Sr Camron Davis (5'9" 195 lbs) also going to Miami.... The Defense has playmakers everywhere...

Northwestern Bulls are ranked #4 in Florida and #19 in the Nation... Bulls have had 6 State Title appearances (the last crown was in 2007).. The well has been dry for awhile... The 1 loss has been to National Power IMG (21-0)...The Defense hasn't been too shabby only giving a total of 35 points (includes the 21 to IMG)... The Offense has only averaged 26.4 ppg... Louisville Commit Sr QB Chatarius "Tutu" Atwell will be the fastest athlete on the field and might be the fastest in Florida which makes him a very dangerous dual threat.... Northwestern actually won the League last year (which might be the toughest in South Florida)...HC Max Edward's thinks his secondary on D is the best in the Nation.. Last week, the D pitched a shut out while the offense went off for 47 points that led to a running clock.... Sr CB Divaad Wilson (6'0" 180 lbs) going to Florida, DE Sr Demetrius Mayes (6'2" 235 lb) going to UCF), Sr OLB/DE Billy Joseph going to Miami and CB Trenell Troutman going to UAB are just a few D1 talent on this roster...

CC took some of the starch out of NW last year in their bid for the State Title... These two make up an All Time Miami Rivalry... Both teams Defenses will be geeked up for this one and you can bet there will be scouts all over to see which D will come out on top.....

Should be a dandy and I will be surprised if this one hits 20......3 Units on the Under 38... WIN
    Last edited by Riff-Raff; 10-13-2017 at 02:35 AM.

Mullen pk Columbine (63)

*This is the 3rd time Mullen Mustangs have been featured representing CO... I have had 2 write ups previously (1 for Pomona, 1 for Bothell, WA)... Feel free to run a search if you are interested in background info.

Colombine Rebels are a fairly surprising 5-1....In 2015, the Rebels made it to the 5A Championship before losing a disappointing 21-20 decision to Pomona)... Currently, they are ranked #8 in 5A averaging 34.3 ppg.... Columbine was ranked 9th out of 10 5A programs but has managed to atone.. Last week, Rebs upended previously undefeated Fairview (35-14).....The Oline is large and athletic (very skilled in the trenches).. It opens holes for dual threat QB Jr Logan Deament, who is 26 of 44 pass attempts for 373 yards w/9 Tds (0 Ints) and has rushed 43 times for 288 yards w/6 Tds (6.7 ypc).... Sr RB Connor Snow (5'9" 150 lbs) has 407 yards w/5 Tds on 64 attempts......sharing time in the back field is Sr RB Ted Mullins who has 24 attempts for 175 yards w/3 Tds and has caught 10 receptions for 242 yards w/5 Tds (long has been 71 yards.. He's a threat to take it the distance every time he touches the ball..... *His numbers are low due to suffering a leg injury but is supposed to be back this week....... On average, the Rebels rush for 275.2 ypg.... Only averaging 63.5 pass yards per game.... Yes, those numbers should give you a idea what the offensive philosophy is....in addition, last week, Columbine rushed 55 times in 56 snaps for 291 yards in a solid 35-14 win... (the Rebels rushed 7 different athletes at various times).... Still, QB L Deament has rushed for 312 yards and passed for 373 with a combination of 15 TDs..... So he can pass if needed...

Mullen is 3-3 but should be noted that they have played an advanced schedule with several highly ranked opponents..... Will losses to Valor, Pomona and Bothell, WA it could've simply given up and gone through the motions, however, the Mustangs appear to be battling each week and only lost by 3 to Bothell on a long trip to WA..... Last week the offense outlasted Mountain Range (55-41)......also won a close decision to Regis Jesuit which seems to have given the team hope.... The offense averages 32.2 ppg.... Mustangs are ranked #16 in CO and #9 in Div 5A... The Oline is big and is led by Colorado State bound Florian McCann III (6'5" 270 lbs).... The offense tries to mix it up with averaging 143 rush yards per game and 235.8 pass yards pg.... QB D Depizzol has 1,411 yards w/15 TDs (but 11 Ints)..... RB Alonzo Moon does most of the damage rushing for 638 yards on 131 attempts w/7 TDs.... WR AJon Vivens has tallied 33 catches for 530 yards w/4 TDs (16.1 ypc)....

This Mt Cameron match up smells like a clock eating, bruising rush attack with both competent O-lines trying to exert their will....... Colombine will only pass if they are down..... Mustang D is kinda a concern but they do feature some very talented defensive LBS and DE.... Last year the game was decided by a blocked PAT in OT as Mullen won 28-27......I think this total is ridiculous...

3 units on the Under 63... LOSS... Scored 65
    Last edited by Riff-Raff; 10-13-2017 at 02:36 AM.

Some big games tomorrow Friday Night Lights...

*Perhaps the biggest competition for Mater Dei is the Trinity League Rivalry and National Title hopes of Bosco-Mater Dei.... I had planned to travel for this one, but I'm helping family trying to evacuate Santa Rosa...

The line currently is Mater Dei -11'(opened at - 7')....the Key here is that Re-al Mitchell (QB-Bosco) is out...... Im only posting to let you know that this line won't be there much longer (surprised it's still up).... Bosco plays a True (Virgin) Soph......As much as I'm a huge fan of Braves Football, there is No Way Bosco can hang here... I expect at least a 20 point win here.. Better grab it while you can (**More notes a little later)

agree with you on the Columbine total--gl

Adding 2 units to Mullen -3'....LOSS.. whoops.. Put a fork in Mullen
    *The more I look at this game.... I expect Mullen to play with Max confidence here....and just not convinced that Rebs can stay within the number.....Mullen played difficult schedule to date so let's see what happens here
    Last edited by Riff-Raff; 10-13-2017 at 02:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye View Post
    agree with you on the Columbine total--gl

Thanks Hawkeye.... Hope it cashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Riff-Raff View Post
    Adding 2 units to Mullen -3'....
    *The more I look at this game.... I expect Mullen to play with Max confidence here....and just not convinced that Rebs can stay within the number.....Mullen played difficult schedule to date so let's see what happens here
    Well so much for that idea...... Halftime finds Mullen down 31-3....read that one wrong.

*Parts of Santa Rosa look like Rocketman exploded one of his missiles... Very sad and kinda spooky!

**My Mullen bet wasn't close... Curious if anyone knows what offense Columbine runs? Wing-T? Double Wing? Whatever it is, very affective..

Friday Night Lights:

Aliquippa -3 Quaker Valley (48')

The more I researched these two, the more I was impressed by the two programs... Both are undefeated and of the 61 WPIAL Games this weekend, only 2 match-ups are unbeaten.... Game is for 1st place in 3A Beaver Valley Conference.... This showdown between Top 2 3A in the Top 10 features the WPIAL stingiest defense against one of the leagues most prolific offenses...

Quaker Valley are called the Quakers (very original)... They have already clinched a playoff spot so complacency could seep in... The team has already met with distraction when the Head Coach resigned the first week in August (no reason given but personal)... The new HC Jerry Veshio accepted the job despite a 31 year absence from the football program (he was a teacher and long time Track Coach, but had coached football many years ago) He brought the necessary ingredients to get the 2017 program up to snuff... The players accept him and have responded by working hard and changing the mentality of the program that hasn't won a Conference Championship since 1983....or never advanced to a WPIAL Final. This team has yet yet to be tested with its closet game a 45-21 victory over Beaver.... Through 7 games the team has scored 316 points, averaging 45.1 ppg....... The Defense has only allowed 92 points combined.... Quakers are ranked #246 in the Nation, #8 in PA and #1 in Div 3A.....

Quakers have Div 1 talent, new QB Sr Ricky Guss has proved to be a "smart" field General with great instincts and ability to read a D... He worked on his passing game all summer and through the first 4 games; he had combined four 20 TDs (11 rush /9 pass) he is a dual threat and his work ethic has brought the scouts showing interest... He also plays 2 ways as a Safety... He's a human interest story as his Mother battled ovarian Cancer which gave him motivation to battle all the time... 1st team All Conference WR Isaiah McNair is a slot receiver (had 34 catches for 519 yards w/3 TDs last year and had 187 yards w/2 TDs on the ground (has interest from Pitt, Penn St)..... RB Jordan Taylor is also drawing interest as he gets the majority of the hand offs with an occasional pass to the flats.... The Oline is a strength and experienced.... Last week, R Guss ran for 3 TDs breaking the Quakers single season mark and passed for 187 yards w/1 td...... On Defense, a majority of the offensive starters play both ways....

The Aliquippa mascot is called the "Quips" and I have no clue what that means.... HC Mike Zmijanec says his team has no weaknesses.... He may be right, as the Quips have combined for 252 points but only allowed 10 points on D..... The offense averages 36 ppg, but it's the Defense that has been incredible, not giving up a TD all year (has pitched 7 shut outs) the only blemish was to Beaver in Week 2 that scored a TD on D and managed a FG... That's 7 games against 7 different offenses giving up NO TD... Last week the Quips held Clairton (a team that beat them ly... Holding them to -29 yards rushing....

Aliquippa has won 16 WPIAL Titles over the years.... In 2016, they were 10-3 and in 2015 15-1 (lost state championship to Southern Colombia Area 49-14.....They are ranked #336 in the Nation, #11 in PA and #2 in 3A...... In each of the last 9 years, Aliquippa has played at Heinz Field for a WPIAL Title.... They are used to playing on the big stage while their opponent this week is very inexperienced at success.... QB Eli Kosanovich is a calm leader.... RB Avante McKenzie lw had 113 yards on 15 carries..... 1 transfer student from Ambridge is LB Tariq Jones) also is utilized as a RB as last week he punched in 2 TDs.... The bottom line is when your Defense is this good, you don't have to do too much on Offense, just take care of the ball and don't make mistakes.......

What this boils down to is a classic unstoppable Force versus Immovable Objects to capture the Beaver Valley Conference Title..Remember, Offense wins games... Defense wins Championships.... The Quips D is awfully special and I'm not convinced the Offense of the Quakers will be able to upset that cart....... While many feared Quaker new HC Veshio would play a conservative brand of Offense (and boring) instead he has pulled the leash off his Dual Threat QB and is running a 4 Receiver Set and Trips.... He has implemented trick plays and goes for it on 4th down....Still, when I compare the game against Beaver Valley (Quakers won 42-14)...(Quips won 36-0).....I think the advantage goes to Aliquippa but think Quaker Defense is also playing strong so I rest with the Under...
    4 units on Under 48'....gl... WIN
    Last edited by Riff-Raff; 10-13-2017 at 09:29 PM.

Da rest of Friday Night:

Sumner -17 Bellarmine Prep (47')

Back Shortly..

Quote Originally Posted by Riff-Raff View Post

Well so much for that idea...... Halftime finds Mullen down 31-3....read that one wrong.
    Half Mullens team was injured, including QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Spalding View Post
    Half Mullens team was injured, including QB.
    Wish I would've known this before.... Problem with High School Ball is injuries aren't widely reported... Guess we take our chances.... (Not a problem for CIF Games, but fly blind after we leave Nevada.

Read the Denver Post write up on the game did not mention any injures??

Smile

Already played Mater Dei - 11'...for 3 unit....LOSS.
    . *Mater Dei managed 3 points in the 2nd half... Bosco D kept them in the game... Monarchs win by 10
    Now at -13.....
    *Word on the street is parents of Re-al Mitchell (Headed to Iowa St) are pissed off at Braves HC Negro for an undisclosed reason... (conveniently that is the same excuse as to why Mitchell will not play tonight..."Undisclosed Injury")... Listen, I have tremendous respect for Jason and have enjoyed sitting in his classes at various Football Conferences over the years... The guy has a great football mind and he would never throw one of his athletes under the bus, no matter what that individual did... He has too much class and only wants his athletes to succeed while steering them to scholarships.... That's why it's important to read between the lines on this one.... The danger here for Bosco is that there will be players who have developed bonds with Re-al and going into this game without 110% confidence could be a recipe for disaster...

Starting Brave QB D. J. Viagalelei (Soph. 6'4" 240 lbs) looks like he could start on the O Line.... This will be his first start of his high school career... Through 6 games, he is 29 of 44 passes for 474 yards w/7 TDs (No Ints) also rushing for 86 yards .. In last week's game against previously undefeated Orange Lutheran, DJ directed Brave Offense through 31 plays for a total of 264 yards.... DJ also guided Braves to a comeback win against Nationally ranked St John's (Washington DC) leading team to overcome a 10 point deficit while scoring 2 TDs.... The kid is a freak (a good way) as there is a viral video floating around where he threw a football 80 yards... Evidently, MLB is also after him as he was recorded throwing a fastball 86 mph (as a 7th Grader).... His Dad is pretty outspoken and believes his son would start for 99% of Varsity programs..... He already has offers to Alabama and USC...

Re-al being out is taking away a Leader and 65 of 100 passes for 949 yards w/6 TDs through the air (but has given up 7 INTS)... Bosco has won last 7 of 8 over the Monarchs.... Bosco has played a brutal schedule which saw their opener Loss to St Thomas Aquinas in a hard hitting 9-3 loss in OT.... Currently Ranked 8th in the Nation, a Win would no doubt move them up... They have combined for 229 points while giving 78, giving up 13 ppg ..the Defense is loaded with D1 athletes and may sport the best Secondary in the Nation.... Safety J Woodbey is the #33 ranked overall recruit in the Country (Headed to Ohio St)... DB Stephan Blaylock is UCLA bound.... The list goes on and on...

Monarchs are Ranked #1 in the Nation and were first to upend Bishop Gorman earlier in the year... Monarchs are also the #1 Ranked team in High School Football America Top 100...The offense has been getting better each week, averaging 48.7 ppg, while only allowing 15 ppg..... Besides being well coached, Jr QB JT Daniels (USC committed) has to be mentioned as perhaps the best QB in the Nation.... He is currently 102 of 141 passes for 1,629 yards w/22 TDs and only giving up 1 pick.... Of course it doesn't hurt to have a gaggle of receivers that are amazing athletes... Nikko Remegio has 500 yards receiving on 27 catches while scoring 8 TDs.... Wr Bru McCoy has 19 catches for 334 yards w/1 TD..... Sr Wide-Out CJ Parks had 7 catches lw for 187 yards (UCLA bound)... The Best Wr is Sr Amon-Ra St Brown (6'0" 190 lbs) is the Nation's #2 rated WR, he has 256 yards w/6 TDs on 16 catches, but these stats are for only 3 games as he's been injured but is full go tonight....

This game is being billed as the Best High School Game in the Country (of course we are a little biased here in Cali)....There will be over 50 D1 athletes on display this eve.... The winner will probably avoid playing Centennial (Corona) in the CIF-SS of the playoffs in the opening rounds.... Also, will probably win the coveted Trinity League Trophy... Last year these two played twice... Mater Dei won the League tilt in a surprisingly lower scoring affair (26-21)... But Braves got revenge in the Div 1 CIF - SS Final (42-28)........So why am I backing Monarchs here? Very little is being said about the Running Backs for both programs... Braves star RB Demetrius Flowers won't dress as he's been injured for the season.... Mater Dei RB Shakobe Harper has rushed for nearly 500 yards w/5 TDs (nearly 8 ypc) and RB Chris Steel shares duties rushing for 256 yards w/3 TDs (11 ypc)....... This is actually fairly big since Daniels love to chuck the ball all over the field, however HC Bruce Rollinson has so much confidence in his Jr QB that he's allowing JT to call his own plays.... This has actually resulted in a more prolific attack on offense.... I like the Monarchs to win this "Game of the Year" and this boils down to Monarchs high-flying WRs against the Shut Down DBs... Something has to give, someone will blink..... I think Mater Dei gets rolling and ends up rolling over Bosco like a Drunken Sailor..... Not sure about that total..... But like the side..... Gl
    Last edited by Riff-Raff; 10-14-2017 at 12:32 AM.

Aliquippa

Aliquippa started out at a 3 point underdog in this game. I absolutely maxed out on the play and now value is pretty much gone. Aliquippa is a depressed area with a lot of the issues that beseech so many small(ish) industrial towns. Reminds me a lot of the way football was for me growing up in Southern Ohio. If you were on the team you were royalty. They travel well and are beyond fanatical about their team. That show friday night tykes did a season or two where they followed the Aliquippa team... It was Friday Night Tykes Steel country or something like that...

Just giving background. I think the Quipps are the play but think 8 is too much.

just riding a long.

Jason

Talking

Sumner -17 Bellarmine Prep (47')

*Not much to report on this game..... Sumner is the better team and is ranked significantly higher than Bellarmine... (Sumner ranked #18 in WA, while BP ranked #41) (Sumner ranked #12 in 4A, while BP ranked #22)...... Sumner Spartans are 4-2 but the 2 losses were to State Powers Graham-Kapowsin (34-28) and Puyallup (45-24)......Spartans haven't won a State Title since 1977 for quite a drought... They average 39.3 ppg and have held to a combined 116 (19.3 ppg)... I do like the even play calling that has resulted in 202.4 yards rushing per game and 177 yards passing average per game.... QB Luke Ross (6'2" 185 lbs) is a 3 year starter, last week he was 9 of 17 for 206 yards passing w/2 TDs (1 long for 82 yards to WR Thane Birrer..... The highlight film will be centered around RB Ben Wilson (Sr 6'2" 228 lbs) that averages rushing 90 yards per game and since two top programs are done on the schedule, he should end up well over 100 pg..he has totaled 580 yards on 77 carries w/11 TDs (**You know it's a feather in your cap when you are committed to TCU on full ride and your hidden in the Great Northwest) LW he had 147 yards w/2 TDs on 20 carries...
    .Ben also does double duty as a LB on D *HC Keith Ross in his 17th season claims Wilson is the best defender he has ever Coached.... The Defense lw held Olympia ("Its the Water") to only 124 total offense... TE John Hopkins (6'7"230 lbs) also plays both ways... The Defense calls itself the "Black Flag" Defense, however, the one weakness is the Young Secondary that was exploited by G-K and Puyallup... HC thinks his Front 8 are the best he's had in 17 years.... *3 DBs are only Soph (converted from playing basketball)..

Bellarmine Prep Lions come in at 5-1 and have played decent defense to Date holding teams to combined 75 points (12.5 ppg) while scoring an average 28.7 ppg)........ Soph.
    QB Marcus Stowers has passed for 627 yards w/3 TDs and has 300 yards rushing w/6 TDs.... Soph RB Derrion Summers (5"5" 150 lbs) rushed for 218 yards on 35 carries.. He's described as a shifty runner...While the Defense is the strength of this team, Sumner will be the toughest competition they have faced.....

Gotta admit, these WA games are tough to call... At first glance, -17 seemed like a lot of points, but if Sumner brings their A game, I think they could blow the Lions out..

2 units on Sumner -17.......WIN ..... Gl
    Last edited by Riff-Raff; 10-14-2017 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Musca View Post
    Aliquippa started out at a 3 point underdog in this game. I absolutely maxed out on the play and now value is pretty much gone. Aliquippa is a depressed area with a lot of the issues that beseech so many small(ish) industrial towns. Reminds me a lot of the way football was for me growing up in Southern Ohio. If you were on the team you were royalty. They travel well and are beyond fanatical about their team. That show friday night tykes did a season or two where they followed the Aliquippa team... It was Friday Night Tykes Steel country or something like that...

Just giving background. I think the Quipps are the play but think 8 is too much.

just riding a long.

Jason
    Good Luck Jason.... I maxed out on the Under 48' as I'm not sure where points are going to come from... Definitely Quips are the right side (Not sure what a Quip is? Anybody know?)

Played these two early in the week..... Still think theres value..

Clemson/Syracuse Over 55.......4 units.. LOSS

Wash St /CAL OVER 53..... 5 units... LOSS

Almost done capping FCS plays!
    Last edited by Riff-Raff; 10-14-2017 at 02:21 AM.

Quips

Aliquippa was one of several Indian names selected arbitrarily by the Pittsburgh and Lake Erie Railroad in 1878 for stations along the route...

Derivation appears to relate to a Seneca Indian tribe queen Aliquippa... I think they are using Quips just as a reference to someone from Aliquippa...

Woot Woot

Aliquippa pays and the under pays... Great call... Good job

just riding a long.

Jason
    Excellent Call..... Looks like we both get the easy win

Aliquippa was one of several Indian names selected arbitrarily by the Pittsburgh and Lake Erie Railroad in 1878 for stations along the route...

Derivation appears to relate to a Seneca Indian tribe queen Aliquippa... I think they are using Quips just as a reference to someone from Aliquippa...
    Good Stuff

Argh... Starting off 0-2..... -10 units isn't the way to start the weekend.... Let's hope it gets better...

FCS Plays: (-120) *Juice is killing me..

Presbyterian/Charleston Southern OVER 41'....3 units

Lafayette +17.......3 units

Princeton -16........3 units

Furman - 34......3 units

Dartmouth -9.......... 5 units

Campbell +8'........... 3 units

Davidson -+7'...........4 units

SEMOST -2'......... 3 units

Gardner-Webb /No Car Central OVER 42....4 units

Colombia +5'.........5 units

Norfolk St -1'........3 units

Florida A&M/NC AT&T OVER 50......3 units

No Iowa/So Dakota St OVER 55.......4 units

Illinois St -4.....4 units
    Last edited by Riff-Raff; 10-14-2017 at 03:53 AM.

Sat D1:

Purdue TT Over 16'.......3 units

Toledo TT Over 31'.......3 units

EMU +6.........4 units

NIU/Buffalo Under 50......4 units

NC St TT Over 32........4 units

Michigan -7'..........5 units

Marshall -14.......3 units

ECU/CFA OVER 69......10 units

Florida St /Duke OVER 45..... 10 units

Iowa St TT Over 44......4 units

BYU/MISS St Under 49......3 units