Bet on Sports at 1vice.ag Bet on Sports-Join BetAnySports today!

What a game it was...

I enjoyed the game last night so much that I watched it again today and already knowing the outcome it lets you evaluate a little differently...

I am curious when people talk about this in future years, what the narrative will be. Did Georgia blow it, or did Bama win it. Similar to the superbowl, the story can be told 2 different ways...

Watching it again, it is an instant classic for sure. Both teams made mistakes and had opportunities....but man, that blocked punt that should have stayed but instead got called back is absolutely brutal knowing that Bama came back and won ....I honestly think GA wins if that doesn't get called incorrectly

Regardless, they still had their chances and credit to saban for benching a starting QB who was something like 23-2 in his career as a starting QB....

I dont know which would be harder to deal with for Georgians

Brady and Co. Ruining the falcons superbowl
    Or
    Saban going to a true frosh who then rips you apart

The good news is Kirby Smart is an amazing coach and recruiter and I think Georgia will be back during his tenure

And Matty Ice is already leading the Falcons into the divisional round where they are favored to win and make it back to the NFC Championship Game

So georgia natives have a bright future and nothing is worse than being a Browns fan so they have that going for them as well

Congrats Bama fans...
    Chins up Georgia fans...

Helluva effort from both sides

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The two most important days in a man's life are the day he was born and the day he finds out why.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by the addict View Post
    I enjoyed the game last night so much that I watched it again today and already knowing the outcome it lets you evaluate a little differently...

I am curious when people talk about this in future years, what the narrative will be. Did Georgia blow it, or did Bama win it. Similar to the superbowl, the story can be told 2 different ways...

Watching it again, it is an instant classic for sure. Both teams made mistakes and had opportunities....but man, that blocked punt that should have stayed but instead got called back is absolutely brutal knowing that Bama came back and won ....I honestly think GA wins if that doesn't get called incorrectly

Regardless, they still had their chances and credit to saban for benching a starting QB who was something like 23-2 in his career as a starting QB....

I dont know which would be harder to deal with for Georgians

Brady and Co. Ruining the falcons superbowl
    Or
    Saban going to a true frosh who then rips you apart

The good news is Kirby Smart is an amazing coach and recruiter and I think Georgia will be back during his tenure

And Matty Ice is already leading the Falcons into the divisional round where they are favored to win and make it back to the NFC Championship Game

So georgia natives have a bright future and nothing is worse than being a Browns fan so they have that going for them as well

Congrats Bama fans...
    Chins up Georgia fans...

Helluva effort from both sides

Nice insight Addict....I will never in my lifetime see two better championship games , kudo’s to college football...All I can say is just WOW....

Not bitching, whats done is done, and it was a great game, but 3 really really bad calls against GA. We had the blocked punt, Fromm getting WWF'ed WTF??? Then there was the face mask.

I am not complaining here, Bama made a hell of a move at half time bringing in the young fella, and sticking with him after 3 and out 1st series. I tip my cap to Sabin and the adjustments they made.

All the media and cooler talk was about the non calls in ATL, but at the same time people were giving props to Bama.

GA will be back...Falcons I like against Eagles ....life goes on.

Personally this does not sting in anyway near the Falcons SB loss last year, that was really bad, I was in a daze for a week ...

Still can't watch that game...

Scratcher.
    "This time next year we'll be millionaires Rodney"
    Dell Boy circa 1989

one note about the blocked punt... even if they called the false start, it wouldn't have mattered. it only would have given georgia an extra 5 yards of field position. or made them re-kick. it's not like you can decline a false start penalty and take the blocked punt.

i lean towards the "georgia blew it" narrative. primarily because of some shitty play calling in the second half. somehow they did not notice that michel was far more effective than chubb. final numbers, if i recall correctly... michel had 98 yards on 14 carries. chubb had 25 yards on 18 carries. how the fuck did they not recognize that and get michel the ball more?

it was even worse in the 2nd half. in the first half, michel had 61 yards on 8 carries. somehow, even with a decent lead, he only got 6 carries in the second half. 4 of those carries were on consecutive plays, and he had 31 yards on those 4 plays. so they had almost zero offense in the second half, and they gain 31 yards in 4 plays, and they didn't keep feeding him the ball. good job by the play caller there.
    "I'm here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Bowl Games

Sides 8-6 +4.1 units
    ML 7-3 +11.4 units
    Totals 2-2 -1.4 units
    2nd Half 1-0 +2.0 units

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    one note about the blocked punt... even if they called the false start, it wouldn't have mattered. it only would have given georgia an extra 5 yards of field position. or made them re-kick. it's not like you can decline a false start penalty and take the blocked punt.

i lean towards the "georgia blew it" narrative. primarily because of some shitty play calling in the second half. somehow they did not notice that michel was far more effective than chubb. final numbers, if i recall correctly... michel had 98 yards on 14 carries. chubb had 25 yards on 18 carries. how the fuck did they not recognize that and get michel the ball more?

it was even worse in the 2nd half. in the first half, michel had 61 yards on 8 carries. somehow, even with a decent lead, he only got 6 carries in the second half. 4 of those carries were on consecutive plays, and he had 31 yards on those 4 plays. so they had almost zero offense in the second half, and they gain 31 yards in 4 plays, and they didn't keep feeding him the ball. good job by the play caller there.
    I think false start wasn't an option from the Refs perspective, right?....

That was herbstreet pointing it out. the refs apparently never saw the quick flinch...because replay showed it happened before the defense jumped...so if the refs noticed it, it wouldnt have been called offsides...they moved bama up after that....not back...so it was either going to be called a blocked punt...or offsides....false start wasn't an option ...they called offsides....which he wasn't offsides...he timed it perfect...
    If they dont call him offsides, then no flags would have been thrown and they woulda had the ball deep...
    but they deemed him offsides and gotta live with it i suppose...

(I hope i said that correct it seemed confusing to try and explain what i was thinking)

But yes i agree ....how michael didnt have atleast 12 totes in 2nd half is baffling

Im watching highlights now and must have missed it earlier...but Bama player tackles fromm on big 3rd down stop and then sort of punches/pushes his helmet down way after the fact....shoulda been a flag there.

But regardless, Saban is the G.O.A.T....and now he has Rua under center for another 2 yrs most likely .....gonna be more titles coming....and soon.

Saban will have to earn it tho....talent is abundant and I see Bright futures immediately for:

Georgia
    Alabama
    PSU
    OSU
    Clemson
    Washington (where I think jake eason will end up transferring)
    Michigan
    Auburn

And a couple schools who will need longer but will be back:

Nebraska
    UCLA
    FLA ST
    Texas (they are getting there)

The two most important days in a man's life are the day he was born and the day he finds out why.

- Mark Twain

Great Insight

Great insight guys but you are missing the most egregious missed call of all...

On the 4th and goal from the 4 when the game was 20-13... Bama getting ready to tie the game. The refs missed a false start by the wideout. It was so bad. It would have backed them up 5 and made it 4th and goal from the 9 or 10.... wait maybe it was the blocked kick or that missed facemask on 3rd and 21... So hard to choose the most egregious game changing missed call... Damn these refs were bad.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbn...nship-facemask

How can you guys be so fooled. Play calling in ot by Georgia was a bit obvious the "script" called for a bama win but definitely not a cover. Also, im pretty sure Georgia knew their run game was much better with Michel in there. There's a reason they ran chub more..... expand the brains bigger than a size of a peanut. Come on people wake up. Smell the turds (refs)...
    You fight one bean, you have to fight the whole burrito.

Probably just a coincidence Triplett retired after that kc/ten game. Worthless piece of shit just like that fat fuck Chaney. Chaneys always been fukin weasle. I bet Kirby and chaneys along with Tucker's checks were a lot fatter than the ones Bama received but you won't here a peep about that

Here's chaneys fat ass right now

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    How can you guys be so fooled. Play calling in ot by Georgia was a bit obvious the "script" called for a bama win but definitely not a cover. Also, im pretty sure Georgia knew their run game was much better with Michel in there. There's a reason they ran chub more..... expand the brains bigger than a size of a peanut. Come on people wake up. Smell the turds (refs)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    Probably just a coincidence Triplett retired after that kc/ten game. Worthless piece of shit just like that fat fuck Chaney. Chaneys always been fukin weasle. I bet Kirby and chaneys along with Tucker's checks were a lot fatter than the ones Bama received but you won't here a peep about that

Here's chaneys fat ass right now
    Your saying Kirby Smart took a payoff and lost for a paycheck

Ok

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Musca View Post
    Great insight guys but you are missing the most egregious missed call of all...

On the 4th and goal from the 4 when the game was 20-13... Bama getting ready to tie the game. The refs missed a false start by the wideout. It was so bad. It would have backed them up 5 and made it 4th and goal from the 9 or 10.... wait maybe it was the blocked kick or that missed facemask on 3rd and 21... So hard to choose the most egregious game changing missed call... Damn these refs were bad.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbn...nship-facemask
    That play where he shoves fromm after tackle

How that isn't a flag

There is a ref 3 feet away

The facemask I can buy, that maybe they didnt see it live....the block punt was close

But that false start near the goal line and then the shove.. how are those missed

- Mark Twain

Your saying Kirby Smart took a payoff and lost for a paycheck

Ok

Uh ya....... a fukin fat one along with a few others..... I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about anyways. Enjoy the show

when you miss this facemask call from this line of sight you should do the right thing and retire as well

https://sports.yahoo.com/controversi...055918741.html

It's another great day to be alive.

I hate to break it to you guys but the refs didn't lose the game for UGA. Any and every game is filled with what if's and missed calls / non-calls on both sides of the ball.

UGA's play calling got a little too conservative in the second half. Fromm had opportunities he missed and UGA couldn't convert on their last 2 series in regulation. I mean, they ran the wildcat 2 of their last 3 plays in their last series. Yes it worked vs Sooners but with basically the game on the line, they went away from quick passes from Fromm (which his completion percentage was high) and took the ball out of Michel's hands. Our D was tired - seemed to be the best option play call for UGA but whatever.

I know the loss stings for UGA fans and the butt hurt may last another couple weeks but I'd be thrilled about having Smart at the helm and what's to come.

Personally, I'm excited UGA is back on the map in the SEC. Tired of being favored by 30 in every game vs SEC opponents. Wished I could say the same for UT, UF, USC, LSU.

Roll Tide !
    Dare I say Boo-ya?

I thought Georgia under-used Michel also, he was clearly the best option. Fantastic game, the QB for Georgia is really good but that freshman from Alabama may be the best college QB I've ever seen, at least from a potential standpoint.
    "You are the world and the world is you"

J. Krishnamurti

Quote Originally Posted by #cruncher View Post
    I thought Georgia under-used Michel also, he was clearly the best option. Fantastic game, the QB for Georgia is really good but that freshman from Alabama may be the best college QB I've ever seen, at least from a potential standpoint.
    He is filthy.

Gonna be at least 1 more title with him and saban

I have little doubt about it

Id probably wager on 2 more honestly

- Mark Twain

He is filthy.

Gonna be at least 1 more title with him and saban

I have little doubt about it

Id probably wager on 2 more honestly

Very likely, if they have the supporting cast that they usually have, and then I'd have to go with 2 also.
    "You are the world and the world is you"

J. Krishnamurti

Seems like the kid definitely has the "IT" factor....