Bet on Sports at 1vice.ag Bet on Sports-Join BetAnySports today!
Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1

    Rockport shoe company files for bankruptcy

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...tcy/608071002/

    Rockport shoe company files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, may close stores

    Scrapman

    Falcons be lucky to win 7 games this year.
    2 down 5 to go 10 games left

  2. #2
    rather soon you can take a shyt on line too.......

    don't even have to get up.....

    Scrapman

    Falcons be lucky to win 7 games this year.
    2 down 5 to go 10 games left

  3. #3
    Registered User The Mover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Detroit,Mi
    Posts
    3,996
    I'm not sure OS about taking a shit online but taking a piss would save me many steps hunting for bathrooms . Sorry to hear about Rockport they make a pretty good shoe , I have a pair at least 15 yrs. old in my closet that I probably wear about 10 x's a year. I had a lot more to share but I have to go to the bathroom. See ya !

  4. #4
    Amazon will destroy the world

    Scrapman

    Falcons be lucky to win 7 games this year.
    2 down 5 to go 10 games left

  5. #5
    Registered User Wineguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    5,325
    Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    Amazon will destroy the world
    I politely disagree. I know these subjects really irk you, and some I agree. I truly wonder how many guys have Rockport as their shoe of choice on this site? I haven't seen a Rockport in years. I could be wrong. Others will chime in. Bottom line, there will always be quality shoe manufacturers with store fronts. J&M, ECCO, Florsheim, Cole Haan, Allen Edmonds, Sperry, etc.
    Poon is a fucking retarded idiot. There are many losers on this site, other prominent losers include: BBC, Wineguy (tie with BBC for the fattest and ugliest), 3 putt pete, kickserv (the dumbest), Trampled Underfoot (or Hank), SoCalYo, ppabart (most pathetic), and greggraffin.

    There you have it

    kneifl

  6. #6
    Registered User REFLOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    The Dogpound
    Posts
    5,425
    Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    Amazon will destroy the world
    yep!
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    - Albert Einstein

  7. #7
    how many storefronts will be left by the time Amazon and the online purchase trade has taken over sales .

    Sears..Kmart...Penny's...Rockport...Toys R Us...and thousands more



    25 years down the road....if you must try on shoes...please go to "The Shoe Store" there is one location in each county.....

    All others continue to order online with your ID wristband...

    Scrapman

    Falcons be lucky to win 7 games this year.
    2 down 5 to go 10 games left

  8. #8
    Jack's Mentor Sportsaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Crustacean Nation
    Posts
    30,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    Amazon will destroy the world

    I disagree......There will be a rebirth of Main Street America, mark my words......

  9. #9
    Registered User REFLOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    The Dogpound
    Posts
    5,425
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsaholic View Post
    I disagree......There will be a rebirth of Main Street America, mark my words......
    When amazon starts selling PBR 16 ouncers delivered by drone you will be all in on that shit!
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    - Albert Einstein

  10. #10
    Jack's Mentor Sportsaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Crustacean Nation
    Posts
    30,842
    Quote Originally Posted by REFLOG View Post
    When amazon starts selling PBR 16 ouncers delivered by drone you will be all in on that shit!

    Shop local......Amazon #St. George will be the downfall......Cold PBR's & Hot Wings, I'll believe it when I see it.....

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsaholic View Post
    I disagree......There will be a rebirth of Main Street America, mark my words......

    Americans walking to get something ..........

    Scrapman

    Falcons be lucky to win 7 games this year.
    2 down 5 to go 10 games left

  12. #12

    There are more obese US adults than those who are just overweight. According to a study in The Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), in 2008, the obesity rate among adult Americans was estimated at 32.2% for men and 35.5% for women; these rates were roughly confirmed by the CDC again for 2009–2010.
    Fast Facts

    According to data from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES), 2013–20142,3,4,5

    • More than 1 in 3 adults were considered to be overweight.
    • More than 2 in 3 adults were considered to be overweight or have obesity.
    • More than 1 in 3 adults were considered to have obesity.
    • About 1 in 13 adults were considered to have extreme obesity.
    • About 1 in 6 children and adolescents ages 2 to 19 were considered to have obesity.

    Americans ain't walking nowhere they don't have too.

    Scrapman

    Falcons be lucky to win 7 games this year.
    2 down 5 to go 10 games left

  13. #13
    Jack's Mentor Sportsaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Crustacean Nation
    Posts
    30,842
    [

    According to data from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES), 2013–20142,3,4,5

    • More than 1 in 3 adults were considered to be overweight.
    • More than 2 in 3 adults were considered to be overweight or have obesity.
    • More than 1 in 3 adults were considered to have obesity.
    • About 1 in 13 adults were considered to have extreme obesity.
    • About 1 in 6 children and adolescents ages 2 to 19 were considered to have obesity.

    Americans ain't walking nowhere they don't have too.[/QUOTE]


    The more things change, the more the stay the same...….Main Street WILL come back.....

  14. #14
    I hope you are right............

    Scrapman

    Falcons be lucky to win 7 games this year.
    2 down 5 to go 10 games left

  15. #15
    Registered User The Joker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    24,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    how many storefronts will be left by the time Amazon and the online purchase trade has taken over sales .

    Sears..Kmart...Penny's...Rockport...Toys R Us...and thousands more



    25 years down the road....if you must try on shoes...please go to "The Shoe Store" there is one location in each county.....

    All others continue to order online with your ID wristband...
    The world is changing and these companies refused to adapt. Stop thinking the world is going to hell because of technology. Gimme a break.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    The world is changing and these companies refused to adapt. Stop thinking the world is going to hell because of technology. Gimme a break.

    America's mom has to work. Cornerstone report, 73% of cashiers are women.

    Self check out and robots to pick out goods...

    Go on with it........

    While you are at stops births..........

    Scrapman

    Falcons be lucky to win 7 games this year.
    2 down 5 to go 10 games left

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    America's mom has to work. Cornerstone report, 73% of cashiers are women.

    Self check out and robots to pick out goods...

    Go on with it........

    While you are at stops births..........
    Good point//

  18. #18
    Registered User The Joker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    24,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    America's mom has to work. Cornerstone report, 73% of cashiers are women.

    Self check out and robots to pick out goods...

    Go on with it........

    While you are at stops births..........
    So you're changing the topic to unemployment then? That's cool.

  19. #19
    Registered User REFLOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    The Dogpound
    Posts
    5,425
    You too can make ten's of dollars on the interweb...
    https://www.udemy.com/how-to-become-...e-best-seller/
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    - Albert Einstein

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    So you're changing the topic to unemployment then? That's cool.
    it's all one in the same when it's all said and done...we need storefronts and walkin businesses in this country where people can go to work and buyers can put there hands on what the want to purchase at the time they want to purchase it.

    Amazon has their way and the drones and trucks deliver everything under the sun...



    We can eliminate even more cashiers more storeroom stockers at the local stores.

    We can eliminate more vendors who have the routes who service these stores because now they only need direct shipment because with self checkout the store doesn't have enough for anyone to do so vendors are eliminated.

    We can eliminate more cleaning crews ...more street sweepers....

    While we are at it...We can eliminate the store that is 15 blocks down the road..While we used to have enough business to keep both stores open and provide jobs for our folks in the neighborhood we can no longer do that.

    When I get my Rockports I want to try them on first...Any clothing I buy I want to try on first...anything for my boat I want to see it and hold it to know it's what I need to fix the problem.

    Stores..........they employ people and provide goods. You go inside and hopefully get what you need.

    Now common sense says there is a place for advancement of getting goods..I get it..

    Common sense also says we as a country don't need to get to a situation where we end up with millions of people with nothing to do.

    IMHO that is where we are headed.........empty storefronts which I saw plenty of [7 in a row in the strip mall in old Wards Corner today at lunch with the boys] and a nation with a very large segment of its society with no jobs to be had...........all in the name of advancement.


    and I understand too that some of these fallen company's could have fared better if they had been smarter either with store #'s or entering into the web world sales.........

    Amazon appealed to America's wants.......

    never having to get up for anything

    Scrapman

    Falcons be lucky to win 7 games this year.
    2 down 5 to go 10 games left

  21. #21
    Registered User The Joker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    24,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    it's all one in the same when it's all said and done...we need storefronts and walkin businesses in this country where people can go to work and buyers can put there hands on what the want to purchase at the time they want to purchase it.

    Amazon has their way and the drones and trucks deliver everything under the sun...



    We can eliminate even more cashiers more storeroom stockers at the local stores.

    We can eliminate more vendors who have the routes who service these stores because now they only need direct shipment because with self checkout the store doesn't have enough for anyone to do so vendors are eliminated.

    We can eliminate more cleaning crews ...more street sweepers....

    While we are at it...We can eliminate the store that is 15 blocks down the road..While we used to have enough business to keep both stores open and provide jobs for our folks in the neighborhood we can no longer do that.

    When I get my Rockports I want to try them on first...Any clothing I buy I want to try on first...anything for my boat I want to see it and hold it to know it's what I need to fix the problem.

    Stores..........they employ people and provide goods. You go inside and hopefully get what you need.

    Now common sense says there is a place for advancement of getting goods..I get it..

    Common sense also says we as a country don't need to get to a situation where we end up with millions of people with nothing to do.

    IMHO that is where we are headed.........empty storefronts which I saw plenty of [7 in a row in the strip mall in old Wards Corner today at lunch with the boys] and a nation with a very large segment of its society with no jobs to be had...........all in the name of advancement.


    and I understand too that some of these fallen company's could have fared better if they had been smarter either with store #'s or entering into the web world sales.........

    Amazon appealed to America's wants.......

    never having to get up for anything
    Consumers dictate what happens, not the other way around. While people out of work with nothing to do is scary, those people need to adapt as well.....not just corporations.

  22. #22
    Registered User Betone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Monument, CO
    Posts
    13,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    rather soon you can take a shyt on line too.......

    don't even have to get up.....
    Hi OS, I will chime in......
    I really do not think that it is Amazon that is taking out these businesses, albeit they may have sped up the process. These businesses did not have a solid "updated" business model to begin with. If you have only one brand of product to promote or you do not update your product selections to fit what the consumer NOW is looking for? Is a recipe for failure.....
    Online shopping is here to stay, and the companies that figure out how to compliment in store with online will have success against the online only's of the world. Walmart.com and Costco.com sales are soaring with zero effect on total sales for both companies. There is more I could say about this topic, yet, I am not at liberty to share trade secrets here. Let's just say this....
    Every retailer has the same opportunities to make a paradigm shift in selling products that are current. Those unwilling to change will ultimately fail. It's also about the shopping experience and online will never take 100% market share vs all brick and mortar companies efforts if they are creating a good shopping experience.
    Cashier positions will be replaced by data entry or similar innovative jobs that online will create.
    Winner of the 2013 Hippo-Phart Contest!!!

  23. #23
    thanks for the feedback fellas

    Scrapman

    Falcons be lucky to win 7 games this year.
    2 down 5 to go 10 games left

  24. #24
    Registered User bleedingpurple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Where it is real F ing COLD
    Posts
    21,064
    I order Pact Water from Amazon they automatically deliver 2 cases a month.. The local distributor does not carry anymore.

    I have to buy most my fishing tackle online, because I have told the two bait shops what I want and color.... my friends and I have bought them out only to see that they never stock with it again or get the wrong size and color.

    Candy store here is going out of business, they make great fricking candy, it’s awesome but they don’t and won’t do online sales, they could be selling the living shit out of their candy. Not enough walk up business in this city
    3-16-12..... Had my worst beat ever followed by my luckiest win ever 3 hours later.

  25. #25
    Under .500 yyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Outside....Now!
    Posts
    29,099
    If you can't find a job in this econoeconomy, I'm sorry for you.
    "If I was overpaid in the 2004 Hilton contest, and they asked for their money back, I would have given the money back."

    ----Any Honest Man

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright© 1998-2014 J Wooden Corporation, Inc
US CITIZENS PLEASE NOTE: The information contained in this site is for news and entertainment purposes only.
Any use of this information in violation of any federal, state, or local law(s) is prohibited.

Disclaimer   DMCA Notice