Unranked favored over ranked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unranked favored over ranked

Just ain't what it used to be. I'm not going to go look back but everyone was on the Gators tonight. This was a money trend back in the day. It's shit now and not because of this one game. Just doesn't come in like it used to.

If you had LSU congrats but I don't need to hear about it.

"I am classy as fuck and you wouldn't know anything about that if you don't drink wine. I am fucking serious."
    Joker

"Warty McMuffin ...........WTF "
    Betone

Originally posted by Nole View Post
    Just ain't what it used to be. I'm not going to go look back but everyone was on the Gators tonight. This was a money trend back in the day. It's shit now and not because of this one game. Just doesn't come in like it used to.

100%. Iíve talked about this a bunch. They have shaded the lines so much in recent years. And they make them so much more on power ratings then public perception. Edge has been gone for years on this Ďangleí

I was on Florida - but Iíve tried to not even notice the rankings anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ďIF ONE DOES NOT MOVE, THEY DO NOT NOTICE THE CHAINSĒ

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else. Ė Frederic Bastiat

There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible to live without breaking laws. Ė Ayn Rand

Comment

Originally posted by Jord20 View Post
      Iíve tried to not even notice the rankings anymore.

That sounds like a good idea.
      "I am classy as fuck and you wouldn't know anything about that if you don't drink wine. I am fucking serious."
      Joker

"Warty McMuffin ...........WTF "
      Betone

Comment

Originally posted by Jord20 View Post
        100%. Iíve talked about this a bunch. They have shaded the lines so much in recent years. And they make them so much more on power ratings then public perception. Edge has been gone for years on this Ďangleí

I was on Florida - but Iíve tried to not even notice the rankings anymore.

IíVE SAID FOR PAST COUPLE YEARS, THE IN GAME BET HAS CHANGED GAMBLING TO WHERE THEY DONíT HAVE TO RELY ON PEOPLE BEING ON THE WRONG OR RIGHT SIDE OF THE SET LINE. IN STEAD OF THEM GETTING HUNDREDS OF BETS ON A GAME THEY ARE GETTING THOUSANDS. THATíS JUST MY OPINION.

MARK MY WORD THOUGH, THERE WILL BE A RUN ON THE UNRANKED FAVORED OVER A RANKED TEAM TREND REAL SOON.

VEGAS WAS BUILT ON PARLAYS AND TEASERS
        GO HOKIES

Comment

There was also a "reliable trend" where you could feel comfortable betting on the false favorite. That is, the team that opened as a slight favorite but became a dog. The reality is, there is NEVER a reliable "system". If there was, books would be out of business!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Nole View Post

With the advent of in-game betting, among other things the books have got really smart. I agree unranked traps used to be money for me.

When I see the public heavy on the ranked dog I automatically want to take the unranked fav. But the reality is the books do that on purpose because those of us who see that on game day take the crappy favorite and even out the action. It's no longer 70% on the ranked team once our money comes in.

LSU is just one of many examples like this lately.

We should just bet the team we think is better, and when that loses then at least we can cry FIX! LOL.
            ďThe urge to gamble is so universal and its practice is so pleasurable, that I assume it must be evil.Ē

Comment

Working...
            X