No announcement yet.

BASON 2022-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I honestly recommend taking a break during this international break. Most really do not want to play these games. Almost all WC squads are decided, so no one wants to show anything or get hurt. Having said all that, I did make a play in the US game since it is at 8:30 in the morning and I want to watch it:

BTTS Y -120

I could go on and on about Berhalter and the US team, but all I will say is that Zimmerman and Long are not very good. Berhalter loves them and they play in the MLS (I firmly believe the US has a MLS quota for Qatar), so they play. My guess is Long gets exposed tomorrow. Should be at least a 1-1 game and we are getting decent odds.
    "You may be a genius, but your not very smart!"

Comment

Call me a sucker but I am betting tomorrow's game:

USA Even

I have a ton of issues with how this team is run and with Berhalter. However, given the pathetic performance against Japan and all the negative press surrounding it, I think this team has to bounce back. If they don't, they might as well not make the trip to Qatar. I say 2-0 USA.

Comment

Well, I needed to take a break and get some perspective, but I have had about enough of this US team. I said from the start that Berhalter was not qualified for this job and he has only proven me right. These last two warm ups were embarrassing. He can not get this team ready to play and they are regressing under his leadership. He does not demand nor get the respect from the top players because they know he is not qualified to coach them. At this level, you simply need to put your absolute best players on the field at the positions they are best suited for and let them play (Eric Wynalda went off about this yesterday). Berhalter is arrogant enough to think he has a "system" and the players have to fit into it. He is not qualified to coach any of the teams his players play for, so how are they going to adapt to his system. He should be adapting to them!!

His system means playing MLS players and putting others out of position. I have also said from the start that Berhalter was chosen because he will do what US Soccer wants him to do. This is why no real coach will take the job. People have called me nuts, but I firmly believe their is a MLS quota for the US national team. His continued use of players like Long, Morris, Acosta, Zimmerman and Arriola just confirm this. Especially, Aaron Long, as his is atrocious. How Ream does not get a look is ridiculous, especially since the US is playing Wales and England. If the US going into the WC with Long and Zimmerman in the back, they are cooked. I also think promises were made to some players to get them to play for the US. Pepi is certainly one of these guys. The kid has potential, but no way in hell should he be on this WC team. Pekok is the best striker they have and he doesn't look like he will even make the team. The man is tearing it up in the Bundesliga and can not make the team ahead of Pepi or Ferreira? Give me a break. Pekok and Sargent are miles ahead of those two. The US has talent but Berhalter has no clue how to use it.

I could go on and on but I just have no faith in the heads of US Soccer. They are a bunch of bean counters that know nothing about the game. The US certainly has the talent to get out of their group. When they play well they are better than Wales and Iran, but Berhalter will screw this up by not putting the best team on the field. In my opinion, if they do not beat Wales in the first game, they are cooked. So many think they can go into the last game with Iran with a point, win, and move on. Iran is no push over at all. They are just as good, if not better, than Japan who just owned the US. Also, they will be greatly incentivized to bet the USA no matter what the circumstances. They will be heroes.

I want the US to do well, but the other part of me wants Berhalter gone. The best chance the US will ever have to advance far in the WC will be in the next cycle when they play at home with the best overall talent pool they have ever had. They deserve a coach that recognizes this talent and puts the best team on the field and Berhalter is certainly not the man for that job. I hope he proves me wrong, but I doubt it.

Comment

Working...
        X