Series I Bonds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series I Bonds

You can purchase up to $10,000 a year in US Government Series I Bonds (electronic only). They are currently paying 7.12%.

www.TreasuryDirect.Gov

If you are looking to invest in bonds, this seems like a solid way to go.
    “Religion might be helpful in death, but education is helpful in life.” — Anonymous

"Objective, verifiable facts no longer matter as much as our preconceptions and passions do." - Eric Frazier

"Half the truth is often a great lie." - Benjamin Franklin

From the Treasury DIrect Website:
    NEWS:
    The initial interest rate on new Series I savings bonds is 9.62 percent. You can buy I bonds at that rate through October 2022.
    “Religion might be helpful in death, but education is helpful in life.” — Anonymous

"Objective, verifiable facts no longer matter as much as our preconceptions and passions do." - Eric Frazier

Comment

Go to the 12 minute mark if it's not already there.

Comment

This is a unique situation that we haven't seen in 40 years. I Bonds are paying nearly 10%. I don't think you can compare that to typical short term treasuries that pay under 3%, which is what they are talking about. When the inflation rate drops back down to under 3%, I'll be cashing out of my I Bonds.

Comment

Interest rate updated. Now through April 30, 6.89%. I'll buy another batch in January and hopefully inflation will continue to recede and I won't be buying more in 2024.

Comment

Working...
          X