Bet on Sports at 1vice.ag Bet on MyBookie

Poor mans shrimp chowder

I am fully aware that some of you will think this is blasphemous but for all of us in-landers that dont have access to the "good" stuff here is a cheap and quick way to throw a chowder together on a cold day.

1 large can of cream of mushroom soup
    3 regular cans of cream of shrimp soup
    1 regular can of gold and white sweet corn
    1 large can of mushrooms
    4-5 red potatoes diced about 1/4 inch x 1/4 inch
    1 16 ounce heavy whipping cream
    1 bag of frozen shrimp (size optional but I prefer the salad ones)
    1 bag of Colby jack cheese
    1 bag oyster crackers

Boil potatoes for 5 min just to soften. Drain and set to side. Into soup pot add each can of soup and whipping cream. Set range to low cover and allow 20-30 minutes for it to get to temperature while occasionally stirring. As it heats it will thin so do not add water in beginning. When it gets to temp drain canned goods, add the potatoes, shrimp, shrooms and corn (if you do this in the beginning it will want to sink and stick to pot). At this point decide if you like the consistency or if you want to thin with a little water. Cover on low and let it go for another 15-30 minutes. Grab a bowl, throw a few oyster crackers in the bottom and fill with chowder. Get a healthy three finger pinch of shredded cheese and put on top. In one hours’ time you will have a fine meal considering you’re not in Nantucket. I’m off to eat another bowl

Lack of will power has caused many more failures than lack of intelligence or ability.

MLB Posted Record

2004-2018 1633-1652 +202.85 units

Ate this again the other day. Considering it is canned ingredients it is awesome. I now just use 3 cans of cream of potato instead of boiling raw ones. I also add a second can of corn. Would be a great crock-pot(large) dish as well.
    Lack of will power has caused many more failures than lack of intelligence or ability.

MLB Posted Record

Sounds pretty good. Why not just use a couple of cans of whole baby clams instead of the cans of shrimp and turn it into clam chowder?

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThemDogs View Post
    Sounds pretty good. Why not just use a couple of cans of whole baby clams instead of the cans of shrimp and turn it into clam chowder?
    I personally do not care as much for clams, but im sure it would be good for those that do

MLB Posted Record

Quote Originally Posted by UGA12 View Post
    I personally do not care as much for clams, but im sure it would be good for those that do
    I think I'll have to try it that way. I love clam chowder, live inland, and I'm not a chef by any means. Thanks for posting this!

LTD

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThemDogs View Post
    I think I'll have to try it that way. I love clam chowder, live inland, and I'm not a chef by any means. Thanks for posting this!

LTD
    If you are going to try it with clams I would try and find cream of clam instead of cream of shrimp soup. Not sure I have ever seen it but I am sure there is something out there you can substitute.

MLB Posted Record

Quote Originally Posted by UGA12 View Post
    If you are going to try it with clams I would try and find cream of clam instead of cream of shrimp soup. Not sure I have ever seen it but I am sure there is something out there you can substitute.
    Sounds good. Thanks!