Bet on Sports at 1vice.ag Bet on MyBookie
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by footlong View Post
    Betone thinks it's like bad gas and it will just pass.
    RIGHT
    Winner of the 2013 Hippo-Phart Contest!!!

YYZ......Hippies started all we "blame" Today!

Quote Originally Posted by footlong View Post
    Betone thinks it's like bad gas and it will just pass.
    With a name like foot long, maybe you should be in closer contact with Kick?

He’s just another Illegal immigrant here for a free meal. Trump and the wuhan corona virus got Trudeau to close Roxham Road. That simpleton should have done this long ago. Such an embarrassment watching the RCMP act as porters carrying their suitcases for them. The wuhan corona virus situation is a godsend to Trudeau, not having to respond to questions in parliament or, to account for the billions of dollars wasted before a single dollar was spend on the virus. The lying Liberals will just blame it all on the pandemic spending.

Quote Originally Posted by Betone View Post
    maybe you should be in closer contact with Kick?

I still have 8 more dicks left in the bag of dicks I need to suck, so I'll pass on the additional dicks, my jaw is getting sore.

CANADA IS HOCKEY!
    HOCKEY IS CANADA!

and of course.............GO LEAFS GO!!!

No whammies, No whammies, No whammies......STOP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kickserv View Post
    I still have 8 more dicks left in the bag of dicks I need to suck, so I'll pass on the additional dicks, my jaw is getting sore.

Stats as of March 20th 5:59pm EST

266,073 confirmed cases

182 countries, areas or territories with cases

11,184 deaths

Current Population of Planet Earth = 7.78 Billion

CANADA IS HOCKEY!
    HOCKEY IS CANADA!

I'm curious as to how much our taxes will jump once this thing pans out?

Hope in one hand, and shit in the other.......See which one fills up faster.

Quote Originally Posted by kickserv View Post
    Stats as of March 20th 5:59pm EST

266,073 confirmed cases

182 countries, areas or territories with cases

11,184 deaths

USA on pace ..........one week from today.........

175,000 infected.........2,500 dead.

Repost

based on stats so far in USA and other countries:

USA today 24.142 infected

estimation for the next 7 days

compared to seasonal flu ? SF averages 1100 / day , CV yesterday 1352, today so far +1600.

i hope this is way above the real number

edit:
    obviously number of tests to prove infections matters, but in this ball park
    Motto panukeiku !

Greenland now has two cases.

CANADA IS HOCKEY!
    HOCKEY IS CANADA!

Italy Doesn't

Stats as of March 24th 5:59pm EST - World Health Organization

375,498 confirmed cases

195 countries, areas or territories with cases

16,362 deaths

CANADA IS HOCKEY!
    HOCKEY IS CANADA!

The US has now surpassed Italy with the number of reported cases. Over 75,000.
    "I love the poorly educated." -Donald J Trump

“Religion might be helpful in death, but education is helpful in life.” — Anonymous

"Objective, verifiable facts no longer matter as much as our preconceptions and passions do." - Eric Frazier

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatsHisNuts View Post
    We should pass China later today.

New York will outrun Italy at some point.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/boris-cor...28890.html??33

UK Prime Minister tests positive for corona virus.

USA now has the most reported cases of any country in the world.

USA: 85,749
    China: 81,340
    Italy: 80,589

“Religion might be helpful in death, but education is helpful in life.” — Anonymous

"Objective, verifiable facts no longer matter as much as our preconceptions and passions do." - Eric Frazier

^
    also UK Health Secretary Matt Hancock tests positive for coronavirus
    https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...etary-11964345

can't care less about politicians but Till Lindemann is hospitalized and in serious condition:
    https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ra...with-covid-19/

i know Keith will be fine but other really old farts
    Motto panukeiku !

Coronavirus in the U.S.: Latest Map and Case Count

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-us-cases.html
    Motto panukeiku !

https://www.yahoo.com/news/boris-cor...28890.html??33

UK Prime Minister tests positive for corona virus.

USA now has the most reported cases of any country in the world.

USA: 85,749
    China: 81,340
    Italy: 80,589
    48 hours later:

USA: 123,781
    China: 81,439
    Italy: 92,472

48 hours later:

USA: 123,781
    China: 81,439
    Italy: 92,472
    A few numbers to look at.......

48 hours later.....that's a 44% increase in cases.
    123,781 cases....that's 0.3% of America's population
    At the time of writing this....we have 2,229 deaths from Covid-19 in the US.
    2,229 that died is 1.8% of the 123,781 cases.
    Also, 2,229 deaths is 0.0000068% of America's population.
    3,238 are reported to have fully recovered.....that's 2.61% of 123,781 cases.

61,000 deaths (average) in U.S. from flu. When the Corona virus is 167 deaths a day, everyday....it will be as bad as the flu. It isn't.....yet. If the growth trend continues for Covid-19 then we could potentially see those numbers.
    Last edited by The Joker; 03-29-2020 at 08:47 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post

Do the math with 44% increase every 48 hours for 30 days then 60 days then 90 days. How long can we go without slowing it down? What about hospitals? The death rate increases as hospitals fill and that includes non-virus related deaths as well.

How long can businesses stay closed, people stay home not working?

How many idiots like HH that catch it but ignore staying home and then spread the virus to even more people unnecessarily?

Maybe I'm just too negative. Maybe I don't know anything about this but who does?

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post

123,781 cases....that's 0.3% of America's population
    At the time of writing this....we have 2,229 deaths from Covid-19 in the US.
    2,229 that died is 1.8% of the 123,781 cases.
    Also, 2,229 deaths is 0.0000068% of America's population.
    3,238 are reported to have fully recovered.....that's 2.61% of 123,781 cases.

61,000 deaths (average) in U.S. from flu. When the Corona virus is 167 deaths a day, everyday....it will be as bad as the flu. It isn't.....yet.
    This is good stuff right here Joker,,There are a number of people killed by guns everyday in the USA was almost 40,000 last year? I own guns and will always own guns I hope, but this is a number that is alarmng as well. In 2018, an estimated 1,735,350 new cases of cancer will be diagnosed in the United States and 609,640 people will die from the disease. Another good number to compare with,,I wish we could cure cancer,corona and the flu.And beofre some smart ass says you cant catch cancer and guns I know,,Just using numbers for talk speak

Quote Originally Posted by MadJack View Post
    Do the math with 44% increase every 48 hours for 30 days then 60 days then 90 days. How long can we go without slowing it down? What about hospitals? The death rate increases as hospitals fill and that includes non-virus related deaths as well.

How long can businesses stay closed, people stay home not working?

How many idiots like HH that catch it but ignore staying home and then spread the virus to even more people unnecessarily?

Maybe I'm just too negative. Maybe I don't know anything about this but who does?

The rise is epic, but I see it flying downward once we get to that point. The big problem I see, is that people will not stay locked down for too long. We will be like people who jumped from the World Trade Center. (Less dramatic, obviously!)

I'm already sick of being shut in.

Quote Originally Posted by jas4bama View Post
    This is good stuff right here Joker,,There are a number of people killed by guns everyday in the USA was almost 40,000 last year? I own guns and will always own guns I hope, but this is a number that is alarmng as well. In 2018, an estimated 1,735,350 new cases of cancer will be diagnosed in the United States and 609,640 people will die from the disease. Another good number to compare with,,I wish we could cure cancer,corona and the flu.And beofre some smart ass says you cant catch cancer and guns I know,,Just using numbers for talk speak
    A year from now, we may look back and laugh at how we over-reacted. I hope so!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yyz View Post

Quote Originally Posted by yyz View Post
    Me as well man,,,We have played golf evryday for a week,,Only one rider in a cart,,no touching of the flags,,,AND I know one person that has it now as he traveled to New York on business and tested positive Wednesday. He feels fine and other than the self quarantine is all he is doing medically .He is not laid up in a "War Zone" as the hospitals are calling it.He obviously is NOT welcome to play golf .

3/29/2020 U.S. virus deaths could reach 200,000, Fauci warns as medical supplies run short - Reuters

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...hort-idUSKBN2… 1/3

(Reuters) - U.S. deaths from coronavirus could reach 200,000 with millions of cases, the government’s top infectious diseases expert warned on
    Sunday as New York, New Orleans and other major cities pleaded for more medical supplies.
    Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, estimated in an interview with CNN that the pandemic
    could cause between 100,000 and 200,000 deaths in the United States.

Since 2010, the flu has killed between 12,000 and 61,000 Americans a year, according to the website here of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control
    and Prevention. The 1918-19 flu pandemic killed 675,000 in the United States, according to the CDC.

The U.S. coronavirus death toll topped 2,300 on Sunday, after deaths on Saturday more than doubled from the level two days prior. The United
    States has now recorded more than 130,000 cases of COVID-19, the disease caused by the virus, the most of any country in the world.

Jason Brown, who was laid off from his job in digital media due to the pandemic, said Fauci’s estimate was scary.

“I feel like it’s just growing, growing, growing,” said Brown, who is 27 and lives in Los Angeles, one of the epicenters of the outbreak. “There’s no
    vaccine. It seems like a lot of people don’t take it seriously in the U.S. so it makes me believe that this would become more drastic and drastic.”

VENTILATOR SHORTAGE

Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer, whose state has become one the fastest growing areas for the virus, especially in the county that includes
    Detroit, called the rapid spread “gut-wrenching.”

“We have nurses wearing the same mask from the beginning of their shift until the end, masks that are supposed to for one patient at one point in
    your shift. We need some assistance and we’re going to need thousands of ventilators,” Whitmer told CNN.

New York City will need hundreds more ventilators in a few days and more masks, gowns and other supplies by April 5, Mayor Bill de Blasio told
    CNN on Sunday.

New Orleans will run out of ventilators around April 4 and officials in Louisiana still do not know whether they will receive any ventilators from
    the national stockpile, the governor said.
    Louisiana has tried to order 12,000 ventilators from commercial vendors and has received 192, Governor John Bel Edwards said on CBS’ “Face
    the Nation.”

“We haven’t yet been approved for ventilators out of the national stockpile. I continue to press that case and I hope we will be cut in for a slice of
    what they have left,” Edwards said. “It is the one thing that really keeps me up at night.”
    One bright spot on Sunday was Florida reporting about 200 more cases but no new deaths, with its total staying at 56.

Doctors are also especially concerned about a shortage of ventilators, breathing machines needed by many of those suffering from the pneumonialike respiratory ailment.
    Dr. Arabia Mollette, an emergency medicine physician at Brookdale and St. Barnabas Hospital in the Bronx, has started praying during the cab ride
    to work in the morning before she enters what she describes as a “medical warzone.” At the end of her shift, which often runs much longer than the
    scheduled 12 hours, she sometimes cannot hold back tears.
    “We’re trying to keep our heads above water without drowning,” Mollette said. “We are scared. We’re trying to fight for everyone else’s life, but
    we also fight for our lives as well.”

On Saturday, the CDC warned residents of New York, Connecticut and New Jersey against non-essential domestic travel for 14 days.

Tests to track the disease’s progress also remain in short supply, despite
    repeated White House promises that they would be widely available.
    Since the virus first appeared in the United States in late January, President
    Donald Trump has vacillated between playing down the risks of infection
    and urging Americans to take steps to slow its spread. He said he would
    hold a news conference at 5 p.m. ET (2100 GMT).

Reporting by Sarah N. Lynch, Doina Chiacu and Chris Sanders in Washington, Karen Freifeld in New York, Tom Polansek in Chicago and Dan Trotta; Writing by
    Lisa Shumaker; Editing by Daniel Wallis
    Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.

“This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”
    ― George V. Higgins, The Friends of Eddie Coyle

Registered User johnnyonthespot's Avatar
    Don't claim to be an expert on pandemics, but I'll make some semi-educated guesses.

So far the US has pretty closely mirrored Italy, just lagging by about 7-10 days. The numbers from there are still horrible, but after rising to a high of 6500 new infections on 3/21, they've now had between 4,800 and 6,200 new infections/day for the last week. That looks like they are still peaking, but are at the flat part of the peak where at least the rate of infection is no longer rising. The big question now is how long it takes for that infection rate to actually start dropping off. If China is an indicator (and you believe their numbers) - they spent about a week at their peak and then started coming down. So if we start to see that happen with Italy this week that would be a very good sign. It would indicate that we've got another 1-2 weeks before we peak, a week of peaking, and then starting to tail off and getting some good news by the end of April. A big variable though is that the US population density is about 1/6th of Italy - hopefully that helps us flatten the curve a little better. And the US population is also 5 years younger than Italy's - hopefully that helps us avoid the 10% death rate they've seen for the last week.

I definitely think April is going to be a roller coaster no matter what. And as it goes on I think we're going to have a pretty pronounced split between areas of the country where the worst is over or it never reached, and big population centers where it is still raging. How to safely open up parts of the country while keeping other parts locked down is going to be an immense challenge, and requires coordinated effort between the federal and local governments. Without getting overtly political - the last couple days do not inspire a lot of confidence on that front.
    Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in the first half hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker.

-Mike McDermott
    Rounders

FOX is starting to understand that this might be an actual issue, rather than a Democratic hoax.

They actually have guests on now who say this shit hasn't even started yet.