Bet on Sports at 1vice.ag Bet on MyBookie
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Degenerate
    Rewatched Spotlight which is on Netflix now. Great movie and as a Catholic who went thru confirmation it makes me angry.
    Other movies, Promethus which I personally think is better than it was reviewed. LA Confidential one of my alltimers. So good.

"If there is a way to better do it, find it."

Thomas Edison

Quote Originally Posted by JT View Post
    Rewatched Spotlight which is on Netflix now. Great movie and as a Catholic who went thru confirmation it makes me angry.
    Other movies, Promethus which I personally think is better than it was reviewed. LA Confidential one of my alltimers. So good.

Agree. Spotlight is in my top ten.

Prometheus fails is some areas, but I still love it.

LA Confidential is incredible. Bud White is my hero. Love the QT rag. Cromwell is king. Basinger actually acts.

Quote Originally Posted by JT View Post

I have seen that movie some 5 times already! It's brilliantly made. Meryl Streep's Doubt is also pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by zoey141 View Post
    I have seen that movie some 5 times already! It's brilliantly made. Meryl Streep's Doubt is also pretty good.

via GIPHY

Greenland, pretty good action, save the family apocalypse movie. comet makes swiss cheese out of earth.
    No matter how badly you are playing, its always possible to play worse.

Hillbilly Elegy
    is a 2020 American drama film directed by Ron Howard, from a screenplay by Vanessa Taylor, based on the 2016 memoir of the same name by J. D. Vance. The film stars Glenn Close, Amy Adams, Gabriel Basso, Haley Bennett, Freida Pinto, Bo Hopkins, and Owen Asztalos, and follows a Yale law student who must return to his poor family in Ohio after a family emergency.

After buying the rights to Vance's book in 2017, Imagine announced Howard as the film's director. Netflix acquired the distribution rights in January 2019, and much of the cast joined that April. Filming took place from June through August in Georgia and Ohio.

Hillbilly Elegy was released in select theaters in the United States on November 11, 2020, then digitally on Netflix on November 24. The film was negatively received by reviewers; it was criticized for its screenplay and storytelling, though the performances of the cast received some praise.
    “This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”
    ― George V. Higgins, The Friends of Eddie Coyle