Bet on Sports at 1vice.ag Bet on MyBookie
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    glad to hear things are trending in a positive direction

keep it up Betone

He's a fighter, good to hear some good news!
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave in a pristine well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting " Holy Shit... What a Ride!!"

Continued prayers
    roosterman

Called today. No answer. I keep thinking he's gonna pull though this and things will work out. He's very tough. Thought about him on Memorial Day, being that he's a veteran.

Blog Entries
    He ate a meal of baked chicken and potatoes last night so that's good. The first time eating solid food. I was hoping to get to talk to him today but he's been sleeping a lot. His son was going to text me when he woke up but he never did. I did ask him to text me if he was having a good day and in the mood so maybe he wasn't. Or maybe he forgot. I'll get better updates when his wife is there with him tomorrow. He should be in a regular room today or tomorrow too.

Quote Originally Posted by MadJack View Post
    He should be in a regular room today or tomorrow too.
    This is huge. Big step.

I've held off on texting - Pass on some love from my family when you talk to him.

Had a friend and client who had a stroke back in October and he still has trouble reading and typing text messages. Just want to make sure anything I send Betone won't make him frustrated trying to read or respond.

Thanks for posting updates.

Thanks for the updates jaek!

I want to hold off texting or calling as well but he's on my mind every day.

Get well Steve.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit

Blog Entries
    Moved to a regular room at 2am. Sleeping now.

Moved to a regular room at 2am. Sleeping now.
    Good to hear.

Blog Entries
    Seems he had a busy day of physical therapy. He has been moved from his regular hospital room to an inpatient physical therapy rehab center closer to home. He gets tired, still does a lot of sleeping but it's sounding better and better. I'll find out more tomorrow. They are keeping him busy with tests and physical therapy and then he sleeps some. Sounding much better.

Stay strong Betone
    “A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom. But the tumult soon subsides. Time makes more converts than reason.”
    ― Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Sounding much better.
    Yes it is!!

Just seeing this now. Thinking of you betone. Get well soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."

Ernest Hemingway

Wow,
    Progress is sounding good. Tough guy, lucky in many ways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    3-16-12..... Had my worst beat ever followed by my luckiest win ever 3 hours later.

Blog Entries

Update

For those of you who want to send him get well wishes, here is the address. Not sure how long he'll be there but I think this is the final stop before returning home. He has some serious rehab ahead of him.

Capron Neuro and Trauma Rehab Center
    6001 E Woodman Rd
    Colorado Springs, CO 89203
    6102 6th Floor
    St Francis Medical Center

His name is Steven Dyer.

Thanks Jack. Pray for him and rehab as it could go a very longtime.

Keep working hard Steve.....

Blog Entries
    His wife said about another week in that place. He has to do a lot of rehab after he goes home too.

I am sure he will be glad to get home. He will have a lot of rehab both at home and going to rehab.

Can you say what kind of rehab Jack? Is he able to walk on his own, have normal arm movement, and speech? He texted me thanks for saying hello yesterday, but I didn't want to bother him anymore. Thanks.
    Poon is a fucking retarded idiot. There are many losers on this site, other prominent losers include: BBC, Wineguy (tie with BBC for the fattest and ugliest), 3 putt pete, kickserv (the dumbest), Trampled Underfoot (or Hank), SoCalYo, ppabart (most pathetic), and greggraffin.

There you have it

kneifl

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wineguy View Post
    Can you say what kind of rehab Jack? Is he able to walk on his own, have normal arm movement, and speech? He texted me thanks for saying hello yesterday, but I didn't want to bother him anymore. Thanks.
    Sorry, I really don't know. I haven't asked for any detailed information, I'll leave that up to them to share when he's ready.

Unfortunately I have an idea on the therapy. My Mom stayed in a local rehab facility after breaking her hip and the alzheimers diagnosis and my buddy who had his stroke stayed at the same rehab center that Mom stayed at.

For the stroke rehab he went through physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy.

PT - Worked on strengthening the side that had the most weakness - resistance bands, weights, swimming, balance.

OT - Taking a shower, getting out of bed, brushing teeth, eating/swallowing - techniques to help him until he is recovered.

ST - Speech is all about neurology and will strengthen reading, writing, communication, and test cognitive skills.

They admit them, give them a room, provide food, have 24/7 nurse care and then they can have 1 or 2 PT / OT & ST Therapists show up and service the whole wing. He'll have a board that says PT 8am, OTThey have a gym onsite and usually a cafeteria.

That was what my experience was and would guess that Steve's will be similar

I agree with what Jack said. This is very personal stuff. If they want anyone to know they will say it/talk about it. His family needs our prayers and support now. This will not be a short or easy road for him. As I mentioned earlier I have been thru this 3 times with my wife.
    God Bless him and his family. With prayers/support and the right PT/OT/therapy he will be ok

sent him a text and let him know I was still gonna need strokes

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye View Post
    it could go a very longtime.
    He will have a lot of rehab.
    This will not be a short or easy road for him.
    Thanks for staying positive with a hopeful outlook.

Oh I am positive--he is strong and can make it but it will take some time. My card and prayers have been sent.

Quote Originally Posted by JOSHNAUDI View Post
    Unfortunately I have an idea on the therapy. My Mom stayed in a local rehab facility after breaking her hip and the alzheimers diagnosis and my buddy who had his stroke stayed at the same rehab center that Mom stayed at.

For the stroke rehab he went through physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy.

PT - Worked on strengthening the side that had the most weakness - resistance bands, weights, swimming, balance.

OT - Taking a shower, getting out of bed, brushing teeth, eating/swallowing - techniques to help him until he is recovered.

ST - Speech is all about neurology and will strengthen reading, writing, communication, and test cognitive skills.

They admit them, give them a room, provide food, have 24/7 nurse care and then they can have 1 or 2 PT / OT & ST Therapists show up and service the whole wing. He'll have a board that says PT 8am, OTThey have a gym onsite and usually a cafeteria.

That was what my experience was and would guess that Steve's will be similar

Sounds about exactly. what my. Dad went through. after 1st stroke ........Was in therapy for 6 weeks. and i was there every day.
    "U Cannot Looze with the Stuff I Uze"

When the Man With Experience..;..Meets The Man With Money......................The Man With Money......Leaves with the Experience....

I just saw this today. Steve my prayers are with you. Just stay strong and keep fighting your way back. Don't ever give up.

BA
    Sometimes I feel a little mad. But don't you know that no one alive can always be an ANGEL, when things go wrong I seem to be BAD.

Eric Burden and the Animals.