Bet on Sports at 1vice.ag Bet on MyBookie
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BASON's PLAYs

I love college football, but it is slowly becoming the NFL. All passing and all pass interference calls. I can not even count the number of pass interference calls on balls that could never be caught and I can only watch so many games at a time. This is one of the main reasons the NFL has deteriorated and now college is finally becoming the same thing. And as I write this, a bs interference call just likely gave TX a win.
    "You may be a genius, but your not very smart!"

Agreed. They are ruining the fucking game.

:smh:

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Bar Light, Bar Bright ... 1st Drink I Drink Tonight ... I Wish I May, I Wish I Might ... Remember What I Did Last Night

Last night was a reminder that I need to bet more on the FH lines. Bama (how bad is MS St!!) and BYU took the second halves off. One cost me a bet and the other came close to costing me my biggest bet to date in college. BYU looked as great as I thought they would in the FH and who knows what happened in the second half as I fell asleep, but they certainly made it close, and from the look of it, they knew it and kicked a FG to cover most lines.

I had low expectations for Mike Leach and he managed to be worse than I thought. The game was a joke as Bama knew exactly how to play that offense. This is not the Big 12 and Pac 12 Mike, they actually play defense in the SEC. Bama could and should have won that game by 50+ but they decided to take the second half off.

Sorry about UNC Lowell, they have to learn to play some defense.

Some lines I will be looking for as soon as they are posted:

BYU/Boise - BYU is 7-0 and has only 3 games left. They need a great showing here to potential secure a NYD Bowl and be a very long shot contender for the final playoff spot (I do not think Cincy is going to lose so I doubt they have a chance, and I really like Cincy as it is great to see a team that plays great defense)

Maryland/Penn State - looking to see if there is an overreaction to the MD win Friday night. Not a Franklin fan at all, but if he loses this one, they will be regretting that extension they gave in a few years ago.

Clemson/ND - I think this is going to be a tough game for Clemson. I think ND can control the line of scrimmage. Looking forward to this one.

Rutgers/Ohio State - Curious how high this will be. Rutgers offense is terrible. I think they will get crushed in this game.

These two are in:

BYU -2.5 -123
    Notre Dame +7 -113

I was thinking BYU by a TD so I jumped on this line. Boise is probably the best team they will play but they just started and BYU has 7 games under their belt. They are just bigger and stronger up front than most of the teams they play and they have a strong QB.

I actually thought that the ND line would be more so I grabbed 7 for now. Only a starter bet since I want to see where it goes as I could be wrong jumping on early, but I do like them in this spot.

Penn State is -25 and Ohio State in -37.5. I will watch them both. I really thought the Penn State line would be around 20 but MD is not getting the credit I thought they would for beating Minnesota. Ohio State will likely just be a FH bet.

Hi BASON, I always enjoy reading your thoughts. Do you mind saying why you like ND in this spot? I've got Clemson at the tail end of a big teaser +4˝ assuming TB wins su tonite. So I would really like to know your thoughts! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BASON View Post
    These two are in:

Notre Dame +7 -113

I actually thought that the ND line would be more so I grabbed 7 for now. Only a starter bet since I want to see where it goes as I could be wrong jumping on early, but I do like them in this spot.

I think Notre Dame is a tough match up for Clemson especially without Lawrence. They probably have the best offensive line in football, so they should have success running the ball and controlling the clock. They have one of, if not the best, defenses in college football, so I expect them to focus on stopping Etienne from running the ball and make the new QB beat them down the field. I think the ND corners can play press coverage and force Uia to make great throws. He had wide open receivers in the BC game, so I do not think it will be that easy this week. Question mark for ND is Book. He has a tendency to not be so great in big games and this may be the biggest of his career. If he makes a few big plays I think ND can win this game.

I think it is a close game either way and the line has already been bet down to 5.5. I just like the physical nature of Notre Dame and I think they can keep Clemson from putting big points on the board, so I really liked them getting the TD.

As an aside, I really do not like betting against Clemson as I think they are a well coached team and I have made a lot of money on them the last few years, but I just think this could be tough spot for them. Also sets up for a big potential rematch/playoff play-in game in the ACC Championship game.

I am a fan of older school football so I am looking forward to watching this game. Should be a good one!

I will also add that ND has won the last 5 games as a home dog. Liking this one more and more and will add to the ML.

Added to BYU today as I do not think Boise will be able to stop them.

New one that I have started to like more even though I hate betting on this team:

Michigan -3

Indiana was extremely lucky to beat Penn State and they were horrible last week against Rutgers who is awful offensively. I do not think they have the horses to hang with Michigan. Unless Michigan turns it over at least 3 times, I do not see Indiana staying in the game. Again, I think we have an line that is overreacting to a loss by Michigan, so I will gladly lay the 3.

Had to add one more:

Cincy -13.5

This team is not getting the respect it deserves. They play serious defense. They beat Memphis and SMU bad and will do the same to Houston.

Already a lot of plays for me, and I am trying to narrow plays down, but there is a lot catching my eye. Looking at these totals:

Va Tech Ov 67.5 - They should score at will on Liberty
    Oklahoma Ov 63 - I think they will put this up by themselves
    Penn State Ov 64 - MD will give up at ton, question is how much MD can score

Easy winner with BYU last night!

Here is how I decided to play the overs I like:

Va Tech TT Ov 42.5
    Oklahoma TT Ov 51.5

I like a few more, but trying to limit my plays. Va Tech should probably be a play since I think it is the highest unranked favorite over favorite ever, but I will stick with the team total. Their QB is going to run all over Liberty who has played nobody. Oklahoma will run it up (I think Ohio State will do the same but left them off).

Another good week, which would have been fantastic if not for Michigan. I am not a Harbaugh fan and I hate betting on them, so I was pissed, but it all went away when Maryland kicked Penn State's ass. Nothing I like better than seeing Franklin get humiliated. Maryland completely dominated that game and I got to make some money with in-game bets.

I think I capped the Clemson/ND game well. They completely shut down the Clemson running game and the freshman just was not good enough to win the game for Clemson. I really did not want Clemson to lose. ND tried to give it away in the second half, but you really saw the QB difference for Clemson in that half also. If they play again, I will be on Clemson.

It is nice to see some physical teams that can play defense doing well this year. I think Cincy can play with anyone and it is going to be interesting to see how they try to screw them out of a playoff spot. They are dominating games and been a great money maker.

Next week's card is not nearly as inviting as this week based upon the first look.

I will be focused on the ND/BC line, because if they give ND too much credit, I will be on BC. Also will be interesting to see where the MD line lands. Last week it would have been close to 30, but lets see it MD gets any credit for their win.

First one is in:

Northwestern -2.5 -113

My first instinct was to grab this at -1 on Sunday night, and I should have, as it is about to go to 3 most places, but I got it at 2.5 very early this morning. As I have said many times, I love teams that actually play defense and Northwestern is one of those teams. They now have a QB that can manage the game and limit mistakes which is why they are 3-0 and on their way to 4-0. The MD game is more telling after MD's performance in the last 2 games. Northwestern is for real and can play with anyone in the conference.

Watching the ND line climb, but I will be on BC. The Clemson hangover is real.

MD total at 72.5 which is higher than I thought. I will likely be on this game one way or another just have not decided yet.

Almost pulled the trigger on Miami +2.5, but the over 66.5 may be more enticing. Still working on it.

Put the rest of my plays in for the weekend card which just keeps getting worse:

BC +14 -113

This has been stuck on 13. 5 and I doubt it moves much, but I like BC in this spot. It is more than just Notre Dame coming off the huge Clemson win. BC tends to play to the level of their competition and I expect them to put up a fight just like they did against UNC and Clemson. This is not going to be an easy game for Notre Dame. I think they win but no by more than 2 touchdowns.

Marshall -23 -108

I do not like laying this many points but I think Marshall rolls this week. It is the 50 year anniversary of the 1970 team and I think Marshall will be up for this game. Middle TN can not stop anyone so I expect Marshall to put up 50 on them and Marshall has not given up more than 17 all season. This looks like a strong play.

Rutgers Ev/Stanford Ev

Two team 7 point tease. I really do not understand how Rutgers can be favored by 7 over anyone, so they have to win. Stanford had some struggles last week against Oregon but they are better than Colorado.

Thats enough for me.

Added:

Marshall TT Ov 39.5

Like I said before, I expect Marshall to roll today.

much thanks Bason

Thank you Bason. Much appreciation! I played Marshall and their team total over.
    Last edited by LuvThemDogs; 11-14-2020 at 08:03 PM.

Thanks guys, the Marshall hit was a good one.

Hope anyone that played BC played it early and bought the half. Crazy push, but the whole game was a little nuts. I will take it, but BC made a lot of stupid mistakes and could have covered. Lucky to push so I can't complain. I always argue with older friends about buying points, but this is a perfect example of why I will do it to the day I die. The money it saved me today is enough to cover any it may cost me over the season.

Lets get Northwestern to make it another strong Saturday!

Oh, and I said Rutgers should not be favored over anyone and I think I was right. Their QB is a disaster!

Thanks guys, the Marshall hit was a good one.

Hope anyone that played BC played it early and bought the half. Crazy push, but the whole game was a little nuts. I will take it, but BC made a lot of stupid mistakes and could have covered. Lucky to push so I can't complain. I always argue with older friends about buying points, but this is a perfect example of why I will do it to the day I die. The money it saved me today is enough to cover any it may cost me over the season.

Lets get Northwestern to make it another strong Saturday!

Oh, and I said Rutgers should not be favored over anyone and I think I was right. Their QB is a disaster!
    I love betting angles like, this was the 50th anniversary of the plane crash. That was an awesome tidbit of information that really sealed that bet.

Much respect!

LTD

Glad I can help!!

Okay, lines catching my eye already but that I have not played yet

Iowa -2.5, Penn State is bad
    Northwestern +7, I think their D will keep them in this game

and this one I jumped on already:

Cincy -3.5

I was waiting for this and got a line I like right away. UCF getting way too much credit here. They kill the bad teams and struggle against good teams. This is a great chance for Cincinnati to prove they are a top tier team, which I definitely think they are. Lets see if UCF can light it up against a strong defense. I am betting big they don't. I really like this game. I see Cincy winning by at least double digits.

Surprised that UCF is getting so much money, still really like Cincy and I am adding:

Cincy TT Ov 34.5

Memphis put 50 up on UCF so I see not reason Cincy is not going to put at least 40 on them.

Pissed about the Clemson cancellation as their TT was going to be a big play today. The other one that is tempting is Florida but 50 is a lot of points and they are due for an off game, so I am sticking with my Cincinnati plays.

The Cincinnati coach can kiss my fat fucking ass. I rarely get mad or even rant anymore but this guy is one stupid motherfucker. First of all going for 2 in the first half was completely stupid. Amazes me how these coaches have no idea when to go for 2. You do not chase points in the first half, ever, no matter what. Second, why not score at the end of the game. To my knowledge there is not such thing as a 9 or 10 point play in football. You score the TD and win the damn game. That head coach shit his pants and is clueless.

Also, the officiating in this game was horrendous.

I should have won a lot of money today and I blame it all on another clueless head coach. No way to handicap stupid.

Bason-- the team total play was a winner. Thank you !

Yeah, it saved the day, but this game is going to piss me off for a while.

Already put this in:

Notre Dame -3 -128

Surprised this was not higher and I learned my lesson from last week and bought this to -3. North Carolina plays absolutely no defense, none. Stronger and tougher offensive and defensive lines should allow Notre Dame to totally control the line of scrimmage. They should be able to run the ball all over UNC and slow down the UNC offense enough to win this game by at least a TD. It is a contrast in styles but the more physical team that can run the ball and stop the run will win this kind of game the vast majority of the time. I really think this line should be close to a TD so grabbing it now.

Two that I am watching and doing more work on:

Iowa St - I thought we would be getting more than 1.5. I think they are better than Texas.

Michigan - I can't believe I am even looking here again but playing against Penn State has been gold. I am actually loving that both these teams are losing and I hate betting on Michigan, but Penn State is bad, really bad as all the bettors that moved the line 5 points last week found out. The back-up Michigan QB looks like he injected some life into that offense. I do not think Franklin can get this team motivated.

Like Irish also but think game will go over. Waiting to see the team totals but I think it will be a shoot out unless the Notre Dame pass rush can get to Howell.
    Thoughts on Indiana/ Maryland? I thought that line would be higher.

Was hoping you would agree and I agree with you. I will almost certainly be on the Notre Dame TT but we never get those lines early.

Heritage does not have a line up yet for the Maryland game. Probably 50/50 that it gets played, but it is a tough spot for Indiana after last week. Maryland has to be chomping at the bit to get back on the field. There should be a lot of points in that game. I would have loved to see how Maryland moved the ball against Ohio State. Will keep my eye out and have more on this game as the week goes.

I am sure I will regret this but I have to add:

Michigan -2.5 -108

It may move down but I am comfortable under a FG. This is more of a play against Penn State than for Michigan as I do not think they are very good either.

Was hoping you would agree and I agree with you. I will almost certainly be on the Notre Dame TT but we never get those lines early.

Heritage does not have a line up yet for the Maryland game. Probably 50/50 that it gets played, but it is a tough spot for Indiana after last week. Maryland has to be chomping at the bit to get back on the field. There should be a lot of points in that game. I would have loved to see how Maryland moved the ball against Ohio State. Will keep my eye out and have more on this game as the week goes.

I am sure I will regret this but I have to add:

Michigan -2.5 -108

It may move down but I am comfortable under a FG. This is more of a play against Penn State than for Michigan as I do not think they are very good either.
    I watched that Michigan game after they benched the starter. The new kid came in and moved the ball well. And he's pretty gritty as well. I know Penn St stinks and I think there is some internal issues there. I like Mich in this spot. At home with some momentum....GL

LTD

Thanks LTD! Not really looking forward to watching it, but like the play.

Third play in and one I should have pulled the trigger on from the start:

Iowa St Pk

This one caught my eye right away at +2, but mistakenly thought some Texas money would come in. Does not really matter though as I think Iowa State is the better team. Box has a great write up on this so will not go into much detail. I expect this game to be tight but I think Iowa State has the coaching and the defensive advantage so I will always take those two in a pick's game.

I will be on the Notre Dame TT as soon as I see it and will likely have a play up Friday for the MD game.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

Just put this in:

ND TT Ov 35.5 -135

Not sure why they are juicing this line as I thought it would be 37, but I am happy to take it. I firmly believe they put up at least 40 today.

I assume load up +7 live
    "there is a narrow line between sanity and insanity"

I have no idea what Tom Herman is doing. Said Iowa State had the coaching advantage and that is why they won the game. Texas going for fourth down, faking a punt and then not running the ball to position for the FG to tie the game. Also not taking advantage of the defense Iowa State was running with the 3 rushers and a spy to get into FG range. Not sure they could have done a worse job. He's got a year left but I expect the alumni are going to try to run him out of town. His mistakes were good for us!!