Bet on Sports at 1vice.ag Bet on MyBookie

Live from Saratoga

Blue sky and sunshine today for the first time in about 2 weeks. The racing Gods must be looking down at opening day. The place will be a zoo today with free admission for those that are fully vaxxed. I'm going over for a couple of races just to check things out but not staying very long. I had surgery on my foot/ankle and I'm still on crutches so getting around isn't easy.

I say this every year don't bet the first week but I never listen to what I preach so I'm sure I'll find something to throw my money on. Another thing is only win bets but I do throw in a few triples now and then. Let's see how disciplined I am this year it's a long 6 weeks.

There were no fans in the stands last year so I'm sure record crowds will be here this year. They do limit the amount of people to 50,000 in a track that holds about 30,000. I can see Covid numbers spiking in about 2 weeks with all the out of town people here that will be elbow to elbow.

I'm not planning on spending as much time there this year because of the crowds and covid. I will frequent the backstretch more. I don't get as much info as in year's past because the people have passed on. I have met a lot of trainers and jockeys over the years but times have changed.

If I do get something good I'll pass it on as usual. I'll be back later because there's a filly in the feature that I want to check out but she'll be a short price. If I only make one bet today I'll be starting out right.

GL all!
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave in a pristine well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting " Holy Shit... What a Ride!!"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morris View Post
    Blue sky and sunshine today for the first time in about 2 weeks. The racing Gods must be looking down at opening day. The place will be a zoo today with free admission for those that are fully vaxxed. I'm going over for a couple of races just to check things out but not staying very long. I had surgery on my foot/ankle and I'm still on crutches so getting around isn't easy.

I say this every year don't bet the first week but I never listen to what I preach so I'm sure I'll find something to throw my money on. Another thing is only win bets but I do throw in a few triples now and then. Let's see how disciplined I am this year it's a long 6 weeks.

There were no fans in the stands last year so I'm sure record crowds will be here this year. They do limit the amount of people to 50,000 in a track that holds about 30,000. I can see Covid numbers spiking in about 2 weeks with all the out of town people here that will be elbow to elbow.

I'm not planning on spending as much time there this year because of the crowds and covid. I will frequent the backstretch more. I don't get as much info as in year's past because the people have passed on. I have met a lot of trainers and jockeys over the years but times have changed.

If I do get something good I'll pass it on as usual. I'll be back later because there's a filly in the feature that I want to check out but she'll be a short price. If I only make one bet today I'll be starting out right.

GL all!

have a great time ....heal quick..
    We move forward with you or without you!

Good Luck I have a horse for you today to spend a few dollars on

Frosted Oats in the 2nd its her debut and she is ready to roll

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trucker Gambler View Post
    Good Luck I have a horse for you today to spend a few dollars on

Frosted Oats in the 2nd its her debut and she is ready to roll
    Finished dead last

Sorry, couldn't help it.

Back home. It was hot there with a ton of people. Damn I really do like the atmosphere there but it's not a place to walk around with crutches.....

Both of the horses I was looking at today got scratched and I had the discipline not to bet on any others just for action. It's a long meet and plenty of races to go. Actually it was a good day just to watch. I'll be back tomorrow if I can find something.

GL all!

Trucker if that horse would have run a straight line he wouldn't have looked so bad. He was green and not ready for a race.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave in a pristine well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting " Holy Shit... What a Ride!!"

Quote Originally Posted by MadJack View Post
    Finished dead last

Sorry, couldn't help it.
    One of my bowling friends owns her and said its worth a few bucks LOL I watched her at the gate and never seen her again.....I text him you might want to sell her

I dont miss gambling to much Jack I lost all the time and now I actually enjoy life more even our trip to Vegas was not much gambling and had the best time we ever had on vacation

Blog Entries
    One of my bowling friends owns her and said its worth a few bucks LOL I watched her at the gate and never seen her again.....I text him you might want to sell her
    That just struck me funny as I have gotten so many horse tips in my life and that's usually the outcome. The last 3 years I lived in Baltimore area ('85-'1988) I was at Pimlico almost every day during their meets. Lots of stories.

Blog Entries
    I dont miss gambling to much Jack I lost all the time and now I actually enjoy life more even our trip to Vegas was not much gambling and had the best time we ever had on vacation

Hey bob—

It’s time for the Spa!

I’ll be sure to check in during the meet and see if you’ve played anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."

Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by redsfann View Post
    Hey bob—

It’s time for the Spa!

I’ll be sure to check in during the meet and see if you’ve played anything.

Hey Mike, knew you'd be around. Playing anything this year?

Hey Mike, knew you'd be around. Playing anything this year?
    Will be keeping my eyes open. Will certainly share here if I like something
    Spending a week at a cabin on a lake in northern Wisconsin starting the 23rd. Lots of pontoon time on the lake and many beers— and some horse handicapping, too.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."

Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by redsfann View Post
    Will be keeping my eyes open. Will certainly share here if I like something
    Spending a week at a cabin on a lake in northern Wisconsin starting the 23rd. Lots of pontoon time on the lake and many beers— and some horse handicapping, too.

Sounds like a great week. I bought a boat last year but haven't been out yet, still on crutches. Grandkids are using it a lot.
    Hoping to get something good this year but in the meantime I'll keep plodding along.

Live from Saratoga

Sounds like a great week. I bought a boat last year but haven't been out yet, still on crutches. Grandkids are using it a lot.
    Hoping to get something good this year but in the meantime I'll keep plodding along.
    Hopefully your days on crutches end soon, my friend.
    We used to rent a pontoon boat for the week when we went to our cabin years ago.
    We then sold the cabin back in 2002 and have rented the few times we’ve gone up—now with the kids being teens we figured it was time to get back up there again.
    My brother has a friend with a newer pontoon boat who is generously letting us use it next week.

Last edited by redsfann; 07-17-2021 at 01:09 PM.

Ernest Hemingway