Tuesday 6.19.07

TdotKelly

Forum Member
Nov 23, 2004
Haven't been posting much lately, just can't seem to get on any kind of roll. just keep spinning my wheels. win a little, lose a little, rinse, wash and repeat.

I will update my record when I get home from work.

Like a few tonight.

Sea -128

Seattle back at home after a 10 game road trip which started out promising winning the 1st 5 before dropping 5 in a row.

I like the macth-up. Gorzelanny has struggled of late and been crushed in interleague.

here is a little write-up from the web:

The Pirates will take on a Seattle club that swept a three-game set at PNC Park from June 18-20, 2004 in the teams' only meeting.

Tom Gorzelanny (6-4, 3.04 ERA) takes the mound for the Pirates looking for his first win since May 29. The left-hander was 6-3 with a 2.39 ERA in his first 11 starts this season, but is 0-1 with a 5.40 ERA in three June outings.

Gorzelanny matched a season high by allowing five earned runs in seven innings of a 6-0 loss to Texas on Thursday. He has given up nine runs in 13 1-3 innings over two interleague starts - both Pittsburgh defeats.

Gorzelanny has never faced the Mariners, who are batting .288 against left-handers.

Miguel Batista (7-5, 5.10) will start for Seattle, which has won five of the right-hander's last six appearances. The Mariners were undefeated as Batista went 4-0 in five games - four starts - from May 23-June 10.

Seattle's win streak with Batista on the mound was snapped in a 3-2 loss to the Chicago Cubs on Wednesday. Batista held the Cubs to one earned run in seven innings, but a throwing error by shortstop Yuniesky Betancourt led to two unearned runs in the fifth.

Batista is 3-5 with a 4.76 ERA in 12 games - eight starts - against the Pirates. He has posted a 2.95 ERA in going 1-2 in four outings against NL opponents this season.

TdotKelly

Forum Member
Nov 23, 2004
yanks -168

hottest team in baseball, playing in colorado vs. Fogg.

I think the yanks light him up today.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

TdotKelly

Forum Member
Nov 23, 2004
Detroit -142

Detroit's Chad Durbin (5-3, 4.60 ERA) may be making one of his final starts for the immediate future. Durbin has been adequate as the No. 5 starter, but with Kenny Rogers and Nate Robertson expected to return from the disabled list, the right-hander's time may be up.

Durbin may have hurt his chances of staying in the rotation on Thursday when he pitched a season-low 3 2-3 innings, allowing eight hits, but managed to only give up two runs in a 6-5 loss to Milwaukee.

Durbin is seeking his fifth straight road victory. After going 0-1 with a 12.46 ERA in his first two road starts, he is 4-0 with a 2.58 ERA in his last six away from Comerica Park.

Durbin is 0-2 with a 3.86 ERA in two interleague starts, and this will be his first career game against the Nationals.

Washington has lost three of four after winning five of its previous six.

Jason Simontacchi (4-4, 4.84) tries to win his third straight start for the first time in more than five years for Washington.

The right-hander has not won three straight starts since May 21-June 4, 2002, but it won't be easy getting that third victory at RFK, where he has struggled. Simontacchi, who has never faced the Tigers, is 1-3 in four home starts, posting a 6.88 ERA in losing his last three.