FADE NEBRASKA

CornHunka

Forum Member
Oct 26, 2005
Huskers have lost 6 straight ATS and it's getting worse.

DC Kevin Cosgrove has this team split right in half and the players don't play hard for him anymore. Okie State scored the first 6 times they had the ball on Saturday and it was in Lincoln. A&M will come to Lincoln and pound the ball at a defense that plays with no heart. Okie States RB ran for over 200 yards, what are Goodson and Lane going to do. The offense has given up because they know they cannot score enough.

FADE NEBRASKA the rest of the season

This info comes from a HUGE Husker fan and it's killing me to type this, but we SUCK.

Expect big changes at Nebraska very soon. The message boards are saying that AD Steve Pederson is being fired today.

Marco

Forum Member
Nov 29, 2003
I live in this state and I totally agree.

This team is circling the drain.

CornHunka

Forum Member
Oct 26, 2005
Word now is DC Cosgrove is fired along with 2 other assistants.

More info coming

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Cie

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 30, 2003
New Orleans
You played Neb? Cie

I did, although very small -->1/2 unit. I would not recommend you play this game. Why did I play it?

I like shake-ups. I bet this team gets it done this saturday, unless the firings turn out to be rumor. Also, Aggies are dealing w/ plenty of turmoil themselves.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

MonkeyPants

Forum Member
Sep 4, 2004
Phoenix
If you are going to play the Huskers this week at home against Texas A&M...wait on it!

If these rumors about the firings are true, the line is sure to shift towards the Aggies. Huskers may even be getting points at home.

Jags Jets

Forum Member
Oct 10, 2007
Iowa
Nebraska is a solid play this week.

Sun, you and Cie, seem to be pretty right on for most of your picks and seem to be making good caping decisions. However, Nebraska is not a solid play. Any team, high school, college, professional, that is down by 3o points on their homecoming in the first half and shows nothing, no fire, is not a pick, no matter what happens for firings. I respect both of you and your posts and insights. This one is for making money though. Nebraska should be faded the rest of the year. There are some Omaha high school teams that could give this team a run for their money. There are no playmakers, so even if they do find some fire, no one can make big plays. I personally am going to stay away from this next game (on sides) and just play the over. The offense has to get right some time. The defense is done.

Thanks as always for your posts, Sun and Cie

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Cie

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 30, 2003
New Orleans
If you are going to play the Huskers this week at home against Texas A&M...wait on it!

If these rumors about the firings are true, the line is sure to shift towards the Aggies. Huskers may even be getting points at home.

Good point.

Sun Tzu

Forum Member
Nov 10, 2003
Houston, Texas
Sun, you and Cie, seem to be pretty right on for most of your picks and seem to be making good caping decisions. However, Nebraska is not a solid play. Any team, high school, college, professional, that is down by 3o points on their homecoming in the first half and shows nothing, no fire, is not a pick, no matter what happens for firings. I respect both of you and your posts and insights. This one is for making money though. Nebraska should be faded the rest of the year. There are some Omaha high school teams that could give this team a run for their money. There are no playmakers, so even if they do find some fire, no one can make big plays. I personally am going to stay away from this next game (on sides) and just play the over. The offense has to get right some time. The defense is done.

Thanks as always for your posts, Sun and Cie

If possible AM has more problems than Nebraska. At least Nebraska appears to be trying to do something about it. I have some knowledge inside AM and they have quit. The staff knows it's being fired, and the players hate Franchionne now that thye have seen what he said about them in the emails.

Not to mention that the line and public are of course hugely overreacting to Nebraska's thumping.

As for ageecee's post-I do. And with your track record your questioning of it makes me feel even better.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Cie

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 30, 2003
New Orleans
If possible AM has more problems than Nebraska. At least Nebraska appears to be trying to do something about it. I have some knowledge inside AM and they have quit. The staff knows it's being fired, and the players hate Franchionne now that thye have seen what he said about them in the emails.

Not to mention that the line and public are of course hugely overreacting to Nebraska's thumping.

As for ageecee's post-I do. And with your track record your questioning of it makes me feel even better.

Exactly, I find it hard to believe that Franchionne wasn't fired on the spot for the selling of inside info.

Do we know if the firings at Nebraska are true, or is it still rumor??

c20916

Slacker
Forum Member
Aug 19, 2000
St. Charles, IL
All I know is I would have been a lot happier if Nebraska or OSU scored one more TD as I had the over, fawkers. I knew once OSU had the big lead they wouldn't do chit in the 2nd half.

mw

Forum Member
Sep 29, 2000
dallas

I don't know - I'd expect it to go up if Nebraska starts firing people. The players obviously made a statement last week in that 0-38 first half at Homecoming. That statement was, "We don't want to play for these guys".

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

tendog

Forum Member
May 6, 2002
So we have to decide who has quit more! I can guarantee you that Ne. has quit big time. Was at the game sat and even osborne and the 97 championship team didnt help.

Jags Jets

Forum Member
Oct 10, 2007
Iowa
The latest spread I have is A&M +2, does anyone have a different spread? I have to go large on the Aggies. This is just a no brainer. I want to question in my heart, but this Nebraska team will not stop the two aggie running backs. I am not sure what is going on in aggieville but I have to think that most of the aggies remember that one point loss at home last year and will want some redemption. I don't think the players quit as much as they just aren't that good. Slow, can't tackle, penalties all the time, even if they come out with tons of emotion, gotta have talent and all the old studs are gone. A&M will grind this one out in a thriller, 34-23. The only reason I might stay away is because the freshman running back for the Huskers (Castille) really started to run well at the end of the game against 2nd and 3rd teamers.LOL.

Aggies win and this is from a die hard husker fan of 20 years, I know the firing of Pederson is a start but Callahan must go and the players know that too.

My bet will be because Callahan is just not a good in game coach. He may have hundreds of great plays, but he makes terrible decisions all the time and this team has played to stay close in every game this year, except the ball state game (which we are all finding out is terrible) but they looked like South Florida against the skers.

I like the over too, I haven't seen it yet but my guess is somewhere around 55-58. GL to all, thanks for your posts they help me think it through without heart clouding judgement.

CornHunka

Forum Member
Oct 26, 2005
I'd wait before I put anything on this game. If Kevin Cosgrove is still the DC for Nebraska, take A&M. If Cos is fired, take Nebraska.

If Sun is right about A&M giving up,and I am right about Nebraska giving up, this could be the worst game in college football history.

Anyone want two tickets?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Dr. Fade

Colllector
Forum Member
Sep 29, 2005
Kansas City
I'd wait before I put anything on this game. If Kevin Cosgrove is still the DC for Nebraska, take A&M. If Cos is fired, take Nebraska.

If Sun is right about A&M giving up,and I am right about Nebraska giving up, this could be the worst game in college football history.

Anyone want two tickets?

Do you honestly believe that a college Coordinator would get canned mid-season?? That would be a first. They sacked the bonehead AD that extended the dumbass Callahan this year (which I have already commented on in the MJ forum.) :mj07: Obviously, Dumb and Dumber will not be around next year- but hey - at least you will be paying Dumb until 2013 :142smilie

Honestly, this match up is just a freakin joke. Who would of thought that the A&M/NEB game would not be televised ANYWHERE! I love it. I don't know who I dislike more? Have you ever listened to Franchione? This guy is a fukin PUSSY!
I'll never understand how some of these bafoons get payed the $$$ they do.

I'd like to make a motion to take this game OFF THE BOARD. It is a DISGRACE. I encourage all bettors to refrain from wagering on this pile of sh!!. Nevertheless, there will be 70k+ with nothing better to do in attendence :mj07:

turksure

play the under
Forum Member
Jul 8, 2005
OK
Tell how bad Neb played last Saturday. Okie State was taking a knee before the end of the first half, up 38-0. In the first quarter, Neb has a 3 & 2 on the 10 yard line and cannot make the first down , OSU then goes 90 yards in 6 plays and its over, Neb players gave up. turk