Obama surrenders gulf oil to Moscow

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
http://washingtontimes.com/news/2010/mar/18/obama-surrenders-gulf-oil-to-moscow/...

this is infuriating.....as we struggle to find work for our peeps,these ididots continue to hamstring any attempts by us to utilize our own natural resources...all the while pursuing some ridiculous magic bullet is potentially decades away...resulting in russia,china and india leaving us in the dust.....bunch of mentally retarded don quixotes...

we continuie to depend on other countries(some extremely unfriendly) to fulfill our energy needs...as our trade deficits skyrocket...and industrial base withers...

10% unemployment is going to become the norm,not the exception...the dollar will continue to lose value....while the green fat cats get rich,the rest of us will see our standards of living deteriorate...

you young indoctrinees(and particularly your children) will suffer dearly......

Chadman

Realist
Forum Member
Apr 2, 2000
SW Missouri
How exactly is he "surrendering" something he doesn't currently own? Nice headline... I realize there could be some winding convoluted theory to connect those dots, but holding up deals with Cuba as a strong example of us surrendering something? Russia has long embraced Cuba, this makes perfect sense for both countries, and has nothing to do with the U.S. And then Obama is blasted by you and other conservatives for trying to normalize and improve relations with Cuba?

Nice consistency...

I do agree we should drill offshore, as long as it's 50 miles or more - or whatever that magic number is - for the record.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
How exactly is he "surrendering" something he doesn't currently own? Nice headline... I realize there could be some winding convoluted theory to connect those dots, but holding up deals with Cuba as a strong example of us surrendering something? Russia has long embraced Cuba, this makes perfect sense for both countries, and has nothing to do with the U.S. And then Obama is blasted by you and other conservatives for trying to normalize and improve relations with Cuba?

Nice consistency...

I do agree we should drill offshore, as long as it's 50 miles or more - or whatever that magic number is - for the record.

he`s neutering us....the democratic party and their special interest buddies are tying our hands.....while our competitors/rivals/enemies laugh their asses off at us....

oh yeah, we`re greening the planet...without the rest of these industrial powers?....right...they`re laughing at us...

we heard 10 years ago it would take 10 years to see results from our own resources....

well,that 10 years has come and gone...and we`re still nowhere...where`s that magic bullet?...all those green jobs?....when the unemployment rate gets back around 5%,gimme a holler...

you may not like it,but the democrats and their cronies did everyting in their power to block our attempts at drilling for our own oil...procuring our natural gas...building nuclear power plants...mining oil shale...

every attempt bogged down in endless litigation by democratic shills(the green lobby and environmental activists)....

how`s that workin` for you chad?....where`s that green job you dearly need?...

brother,they`re stiffin` you...the whole country...

taking over healthcare...gonna force cap and tax down our throats.....and open our borders(hell,they`re open now).....and every dollar an american earns will be worth less and less..

http://www.180people.com/2008/April/Stupid-Stuff-Why-Dont-We-Drill-For-Our-Own-Oil-Its-There.htm

Chadman

Realist
Forum Member
Apr 2, 2000
SW Missouri
So, as I said, this story is misrepresented by a false headline, and the subject matter doesn't relate to it in nearly any way. This is a story about Russia and deals with Cuba - which up until this President we have shown little to no interest in, and he has been ridiculed for trying to deal with.

And, as I said, I am for drilling more than 50 miles offshore, and in Alaska, if properly maintained and planned.

Believe there are more green jobs than a year ago, and many more than a few years ago. Unemployment isn't exclusively tied to any one sector, as you know, and when it is, get back to ME. Believe it was in pretty bad shape before Obama took over, as I recall, too.

Just so I'm clear... you are FOR us developing normalized relations with Cuba, to the point of them working on oil and other energy deals with our country? This would be a new angle from you, just trying to get some perspective, since you posted the article, and ripped Obama and democrats for not doing it...

djv

Forum Member
Nov 4, 2000
Cuba has the rights to area being talked about. That was desided over 30 years ago. Has nothing to do with Obama.

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
So, as I said, this story is misrepresented by a false headline, and the subject matter doesn't relate to it in nearly any way. This is a story about Russia and deals with Cuba - which up until this President we have shown little to no interest in, and he has been ridiculed for trying to deal with.

And, as I said, I am for drilling more than 50 miles offshore, and in Alaska, if properly maintained and planned.

Believe there are more green jobs than a year ago, and many more than a few years ago. Unemployment isn't exclusively tied to any one sector, as you know, and when it is, get back to ME. Believe it was in pretty bad shape before Obama took over, as I recall, too.

Just so I'm clear... you are FOR us developing normalized relations with Cuba, to the point of them working on oil and other energy deals with our country? This would be a new angle from you, just trying to get some perspective, since you posted the article, and ripped Obama and democrats for not doing it...

i guess the irony of the situation doesn`t register with you...that`s o.k....i

i`m for us drilling for our own oil on our own territory....i`m for us utilizing all our own resources so we are less dependent on our adversaries....

not throwing our economy down a rathole because some yo-yo`s want to save the spotted owl....

no country on earth is more ecologically responsible than we are...when allowed to procure our own resources,we are regulated out the ying-yang(unlike china/russia and india)...

we`re killing ourselves...and even if you believe the ecological boogeyman b.s.,how the hell are we saving the earth if these other industrial powers aren`t playing along?...have you figured a way to stop "global warming"(lol) at our borders?....

i think we have bigger fish to fry..like maybe jobs?

and now we get healthcare...the healthcare plan that our overlords exempt themselves from...just wonderful...

damn...sometimes i wish we could split this country right down the middle and see how well you moonbats fair without all the hardworking people to support you....

good lord....:rolleyes:

Last edited:

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
shit...chad i`m sorry about getting personal in the previous panel...i`m frazzled...i know you`re just doing the best you can in a bad situation...

please disregard....i`m deleting what i said...

my bad...hope we`re still friends...

i`m staying the hell out of this cesspool forum...

sinncere apologies...:sadwave:

Last edited:

Trampled Underfoot

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 26, 2001
shit...chad i`m sorry about getting personal in the previous panel...i`m frazzled...i know you`re just doing the best you can in a bad situation...

please disregard....i`m deleting what i said...

my bad...hope we`re still friends...

i`m staying the hell out of this cesspool forum...

sinncere apologies...:sadwave:

True colors.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Chadman

Realist
Forum Member
Apr 2, 2000
SW Missouri
Before I get to the heart of a reply to the "subject matter of the original post" - which I think has been bastardized by your political rant, Wease, I actually do understand your personal frustration with the situation, and I do have a personal respect for you in our gives and takes here. While I have to take it somewhat personally, it's a political forum hazard, and something that was just spouted off without too much thought, I know.

One thing, perhaps this could be a moment of reflection for everyone... there's very little in life that is absolute, and black and white. There are degrees in most situations, and in people. Situations change, people change their outlook based on their situation, to a degree. Mine really hasn't wavered, and I am both currently benefitting somewhat, and paying for those that benefit, which is also me.

The situation we now find ourselves in is different than ever before. Different people are now affected and effected. It's sad we are all so adversarial and prone to blanket, mindless labels towards those with different views... but hey, it's the political forum, right?

So, no problem, Wease... and I'm sure you'll permit me to say... "Fuck Off, Douchebag!"
:thefinger

P.S. I may not feel so benevolent, later on, but for now, you're free to go... ;)