Fox News and CNBC

Nick Douglas

Forum Member
Oct 31, 2000
Los Angeles, CA, USA
I apologive for what I've written about Fox News. Yes, their conservative bias is almost unbelievable for a news organization that fashions itself "fair and balanced", but CNBC is almost as liberally slanted as FNC is conservatively slanted. I find it highly entertaining to flip back and forth between the two as this convention coverage goes on.

ironlock

Forum Member
Nov 29, 2000
BEAM ME UP SCOTTY!
At least Fox attempts to be balanced.

MSNBC's panel tonight.

Hardball's lineup for its balanced panel.

A democratic pollster, whom Chris refers to as "a genius".
Clinton's former press secretary, DD Myers.
David Gergen, correspondent for the US News and World Report.

Fox had Susan Estrich a democratic pollster opposite this embarrassment on MSNBC.

Reactions: THE KOD
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

StevieD

Forum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Boston
I thought I saw Joe Scarbourogh on MSNBC former Republican congressman and conservative talk show host.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Nick Douglas

Forum Member
Oct 31, 2000
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Sorry, I wrote CNBC but I was refering to MSNBC.

I think both make a token effort to present the other side, as is necessary to lure in people in the middle. Bottom line is that both stations spin things heavily in their favored direction. In my opinion Fox News is the worst offender of the two. I'll grudgingly admit that may be because I lean left.

ryson

Capitalist
Forum Member
Dec 22, 2001
IAH
You forgot to add, ABC, NBC and CBS to your list of left leaning networks.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

djv

Forum Member
Nov 4, 2000
Fox is a joke. CBS is a joke. ABC not far behind. As stated in a different post. The one they found more balanced was CNN. That was after a 3 year study.

EAE

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 22, 2004
Parts unknown
I believe it is impossible to be completely objective. Each network is motivated and at least encouraged by its owners. NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, Public Television and their shows, McNeil/Lehher are all left leaning to some degree.

FOX is the only right leaning network. And you guys say the media is not liberal. By my count, 7-1.

EAE

ironlock

Forum Member
Nov 29, 2000
BEAM ME UP SCOTTY!
djv said:
Fox is a joke. CBS is a joke. ABC not far behind. As stated in a different post. The one they found more balanced was CNN. That was after a 3 year study.

They being...? Oh..... DJV's research department, ie. the little people running around in your peanut.

More evidence of your chosen ignorance. Keep it up.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

EAE

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 22, 2004
Parts unknown
With all due respect, DJV, where do you get your information. If its just your personal beliefs, I can respect that although I am of a different opinion. But don't go posting information that you purport to be objective when you don't indicate who your sources are.

EAE

SixFive

bonswa
Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
BG, KY, USA
Nick Douglas said:
but CNBC is almost as liberally slanted as FNC is conservatively slanted.

Hallelujah, u have seen the light!! :clap:

I'll tell u another station that is so liberally slanted it's nauseating. CSpan.

ctownguy

Life is Good
Forum Member
Jul 27, 2000
SoCal
ironlock said:
They being...? Oh..... DJV's research department, ie. the little people running around in your peanut.

This is hilarious :142smilie :142smilie

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Nosigar

53%
Forum Member
Jul 5, 2000
Florida
ironlock said:

:142smilie :chairshot

Sorry, just couldn't help it.

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
and aljazeera west......i mean cnn.....

fox is obviously slanted conservatively..they attempt to show both sides....but bottom line,it`s a conservative news network.....they are pretty much alone,though....

i can stomach them all.. i switch back and forth to get opposing views......

the only talking head i can`t abide is dan rather...he`s not only stupid,he`s overtly biased....even andy rooney said that"rather`s transparently liberal".....that`s like jack the ripper saying o.j.`s good with a knife.....

Last edited:

EAE

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 22, 2004
Parts unknown
Why can't there be a news network that truly is fair and balanced. I watch Fox because they report news more closely akin to what I think. However, I admit they shade somewhat to the right. Do you think a news network that all can agree is in the middle could survive. Or would it be too boring.

EAE

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

djv

Forum Member
Nov 4, 2000
Yes the info game from a study on how the networks handled there guest list. Fox was 75/25 with the right being on there shows. And CNN was 52/48 still to the right but was far the best balance. CBS on the other hand was like 60/40 to-wards the left. Anyone with a open mind and watches these three networks I believe would find these facts true. And the study also said AM radio was almost in total control by the right. And we know that.
As for this convention. It's the Dems time to blow smoke so why do we need to care if there any fair and balanced. Next month it's the Reb's turn. There turn to blow smoke. I think the last thing we all need from any of these networks. Is someone telling all of us what we just listen to. We don't need there help.
By the way CTG those numbers came from the K & C show on CNBC. Those two guys are Hadley lefts. It was about ratings and money from advertising. They have no ax to grind.