Great man..great article Charles Munger died today at age 99

WhatsHisNuts

Woke
Forum Member
Aug 29, 2006
Earth
www.ffrf.org
The podcast "Acquired" did a rare interview with him recently that was really great. The whole story behind BH is pretty wild.....Acquired had (I think) (3) three hour episodes on the history of Munger & Buffett. If you can make time and have the interest, it's well worth it.

Smitty

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2005
Upstate NY
if you've never read The Snowball and Poor Charlie's Almanac, you should. Both are great reads. One is a bit longer than the other.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
Thank you both for input. I will do both. While Buffet gets most of credit not sure he deserves it. It was certainly a team effort and and deciding who was main contributor is left to each of us. I'm going for team effort leaning to Munger a tad.

WhatsHisNuts

Woke
Forum Member
Aug 29, 2006
Earth
www.ffrf.org
Thank you both for input. I will do both. While Buffet gets most of credit not sure he deserves it. It was certainly a team effort and and deciding who was main contributor is left to each of us. I'm going for team effort leaning to Munger a tad.
I think you're probably right. He was the one that convinced Warren to stop looking for cheap businesses to buy into. He sold him on the great businesses at a fair price concept.

Smitty

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2005
Upstate NY
oh, warren would be the absolute first to say he owes a ton to charlie. i'll go out on a limb and say he's never once bragged about being a great investor. shit, the man still lives in the same home he bought in the 50's. for how wealthy he is, he's insanely humble.

of all the lessons buffett has shared with the world, one of my favorites is that the key to being a great investor isn't intelligence. it's temperament. not really what someone would say if they're looking for all the credit.

obviously he is pretty damn sharp, but without that temperament, he wouldn't be where he is today, and he knows it.

oh, and re: The Snowball.... it's a huge book, but a remarkably easy read. i don't remember it ever dragging. so many great stories. *spoiler alert* he got his start at the race track. :)

Reactions: WhatsHisNuts
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg