Is Facebook stock

Old School

OVR
Forum Member
Mar 19, 2006
an investment one will kick themselves in the ass for not getting involved with..

Wife tells me today we made a huge mistake not taking her advise and investing heavy

:shrug::shrug::shrug:

selkirk

Forum Member
Jul 16, 1999
Canada
Old School I bought a position in FB over a year ago, shareclub we pick 3 stocks late in the year, not this year but last picked it up just below 30 (29.50) it is posted here in this forum, somewhere.

also posted here is sold most of the position around 75% around 57.75, and of coarse it then rocketed to high of 72.59. went down in their ipo and just sold down so bought it when it was in a rally, hate buying a stock making new lows. FB is now over $60 ($60.95).

I am always nervous when buying a stock like fb, more use to railways, pipleiines, reits, banks, ect. the stock is expensive on most metrics, however there is huge potenial, still own a small position.
believe they can get mobile to work, also they have a large user base 1 billion over, maybe 600-700 million use it daily or semi. also can they make ads even more localized, probably.

plenty of potential, the one negative is the valuation, during a bull market growth stocks get high valuation.

have a small position, will sell it out if it hits $50 stop.

thanks
selkirk

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
I lost my ass buying puts about a year or more ago, back when it was trading at $21 per share. I mean I really got my ass kicked in. :facepalm:

I wouldn't go long at this point, no way, no how. But, I've been more wrong than right in the last 2 years shorting the market and individual stocks. :facepalm:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Old School

OVR
Forum Member
Mar 19, 2006
thanks...

I'll stick w/dirt and tall fescue.

wife still tells me they will take over the world..

should have never got her a laptop..:mj07:

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
thanks...

I'll stick w/dirt and tall fescue.

wife still tells me they will take over the world..

should have never got her a laptop..:mj07:

She was right if she suggested FB back when it was $20 a share. You would have made a killing.

I went the other way and got the killing handed to me. :lol:

I can laugh now, I guess. What else can I do?

PaSprint

Forum Member
Jan 2, 2007
Central PA
When you guys find the next Google lets us all know. Remember 5 years ago when "MySpace" was the greatest thing in the world? I can't even imagine Facebook falling by the wayside, but I honestly thought the same about MySpace.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg