OJ

Cricket

sporadic wins
Forum Member
Nov 25, 2005
WNY
The controversial former football star who was sensationally acquitted of the murder of his ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson and her friend, Ronald Goldman, died Wednesday of cancer at the age of 76.

His family announced his passing this morning.

It took the Biden administration less than one day to send their condolences to the Simpson family.

But, it took more than 2 WEEKS for him to even (attempt to) say Laken Riley’s name…

Let that sink in.

hedgehog

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 30, 2003
TX
I wonder who thinks he didn't do it in this forum

Ole Kate Jenner formerly known as Bruce posted yesterday on social media good riddance :smilies4

Doesn't surprise me the Biden administration did this.

Smitty

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2005
Upstate NY
White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said "our thoughts are with his families." big fucking whoop. and i'll bet you $20 nobody there is really thinking about his families.

but, if you must... don't vote for her in November.

carry on with your bullshit outrage.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

WhatsHisNuts

Woke
Forum Member
Aug 29, 2006
Earth
www.ffrf.org
The controversial former football star who was sensationally acquitted of the murder of his ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson and her friend, Ronald Goldman, died Wednesday of cancer at the age of 76.

His family announced his passing this morning.

It took the Biden administration less than one day to send their condolences to the Simpson family.

But, it took more than 2 WEEKS for him to even (attempt to) say Laken Riley’s name…

Let that sink in.
You snowflakes only care about superficial nonsense. Grow a pair of balls.

HappyJack

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 3, 2022

CNN contributor Ashley Allison said OJ Simpson ‘represented something’ for black community because ‘two white people were killed’​

He represented something for the black community in that moment, in that trial, particularly because there were two white people who had been killed,” Allison said.

Ashley Allison made the comment during the network’s coverage of the death of the 76-year-old Simpson, the disgraced NFL legend who was acquitted in 1995 of the murders of his ex-wife, and her friend.

Allison — a former Obama administration official who also worked on Joe Biden’s presidential campaign as well as his transition team — was weighing in on the racial tensions that pervaded the country during the Simpson trial and its aftermath.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Smitty

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2005
Upstate NY
well, here's a shocker. donny was pals with OJ and even thought about bringing him on the apprentice just because it would be good ratings. yup, definitely someone who was concerned about the families of the victims.

https://www.nydailynews.com/2017/07...onald-trumps-on-off-affection-for-oj-simpson/

Add this to the list of issues on which President Trump has flip-flopped: His relationship with O.J. Simpson.

As Simpson heads into what has been dubbed “the parole hearing of the century” on Thursday, Trump has thus far managed to stay away from the story, not offering so much as an early morning tweet.

But in a long-gone version of America — one where Trump wasn’t in the White House, Simpson wasn’t in prison for robbery and both men appeared to innocently feed off every scrap of media coverage — the two seemed to share an on-off affection.

Even after Simpson earned criminal infamy, and Trump started publicly condemning him, The Donald still admitted that he admired The Juice for his media power.

The two were pictured together in October 1993, celebrating the opening of the now-defunct Harley Davidson Cafe in New York City. In what might be the only picture of Trump and Simpson side-by-side, they are all smiles as they pose with retired Mets player Keith Hernandez and Trump’s little daughter, Ivanka.

And there was Simpson two months later at Trump’s wedding, as the business mogul tied the knot with his second bride, Marla Maples.

Simpson offered the media there a little dig at Trump’s troubles with commitment.

“I think everybody in the country believes maybe their relationship can work, if this relationship can work,” he said at the wedding.

Six months later, the former football star was arrested for the murder of his wife Nicole Brown Simpson and her friend Ron Goldman.

Thus began the trial of the century, which took over the nation’s attention for seven months until Simpson was acquitted in 1995. (He would be held liable for wrongful death two years later, though, in a civil suit filed by the victims’ families.)

Amazingly, there is little record of Trump commenting on the trial that dominated the headlines, beyond a few poorly sourced tabloid tidbits.

Nor did Trump seem to speak up when Simpson was arrested in 2007 for armed robbery and kidnapping charges, which led to him getting sentenced to 33 years in prison the next year.

Trump’s only documented remark about the case came in a 2004 Howard Stern interview, in which he recalled seeing Simpson’s wife “screaming at him” in a Los Angeles restaurant.

“He decided obviously to kill her,” Trump said, with a laugh.

In 2008, as Simpson was about to begin his time behind bars, Trump admitted he thought the two would be a perfect duo for reality TV.

Trump said in a 2008 Stern interview that he wanted to cast Simpson in the upcoming ninth season of “The Apprentice” — because he loved thinking about how great the ratings would be.

“In your business, there’s a thing called ratings,” Trump told Stern.

“I found out a lot about your business, because, hey, I’m the biggest star. I’m now the biggest star … So I know that if you come up with a cure for cancer, and if you put it on, and if it doesn’t get ratings, they will not broadcast it. So, you come with a cure for a disease — no good.”

“Now I know this,” he added.

“If I put O.J. on — huge ratings. Oh, forget it, 35 million people.”

Trump claimed NBC “went totally crazy” over the pitch. But he said he stopped short of an offer because, as he put it, he “realized (Simpson) killed his wife.”

“I don’t like people that kill their wives,” the future President said.

“Does that make sense? Does that make me a disloyal person? I like women. I mean, I don’t even like guys that beat up women — you get a lot of those guy.”

Trump, who today faces a series of sexual harassment allegations, made sure to mention that he’s not one of those guys.

“I’m a lover, not a fighter,” he said.

“Great lover, poor fighter.”

The whole story, though, might have been fake news from Trump. NBC later said in a statement that it “never considered O.J. Simpson for the next season of ‘The Apprentice,’ nor will.”

Reactions: kickserv

Cricket

sporadic wins
Forum Member
Nov 25, 2005
WNY
The revelance of this post is underwhelming!
well, here's a shocker. donny was pals with OJ and even thought about bringing him on the apprentice just because it would be good ratings. yup, definitely someone who was concerned about the families of the victims.

https://www.nydailynews.com/2017/07...onald-trumps-on-off-affection-for-oj-simpson/

Add this to the list of issues on which President Trump has flip-flopped: His relationship with O.J. Simpson.

As Simpson heads into what has been dubbed “the parole hearing of the century” on Thursday, Trump has thus far managed to stay away from the story, not offering so much as an early morning tweet.

But in a long-gone version of America — one where Trump wasn’t in the White House, Simpson wasn’t in prison for robbery and both men appeared to innocently feed off every scrap of media coverage — the two seemed to share an on-off affection.

Even after Simpson earned criminal infamy, and Trump started publicly condemning him, The Donald still admitted that he admired The Juice for his media power.

The two were pictured together in October 1993, celebrating the opening of the now-defunct Harley Davidson Cafe in New York City. In what might be the only picture of Trump and Simpson side-by-side, they are all smiles as they pose with retired Mets player Keith Hernandez and Trump’s little daughter, Ivanka.

And there was Simpson two months later at Trump’s wedding, as the business mogul tied the knot with his second bride, Marla Maples.

Simpson offered the media there a little dig at Trump’s troubles with commitment.

“I think everybody in the country believes maybe their relationship can work, if this relationship can work,” he said at the wedding.

Six months later, the former football star was arrested for the murder of his wife Nicole Brown Simpson and her friend Ron Goldman.

Thus began the trial of the century, which took over the nation’s attention for seven months until Simpson was acquitted in 1995. (He would be held liable for wrongful death two years later, though, in a civil suit filed by the victims’ families.)

Amazingly, there is little record of Trump commenting on the trial that dominated the headlines, beyond a few poorly sourced tabloid tidbits.

Nor did Trump seem to speak up when Simpson was arrested in 2007 for armed robbery and kidnapping charges, which led to him getting sentenced to 33 years in prison the next year.

Trump’s only documented remark about the case came in a 2004 Howard Stern interview, in which he recalled seeing Simpson’s wife “screaming at him” in a Los Angeles restaurant.

“He decided obviously to kill her,” Trump said, with a laugh.

In 2008, as Simpson was about to begin his time behind bars, Trump admitted he thought the two would be a perfect duo for reality TV.

Trump said in a 2008 Stern interview that he wanted to cast Simpson in the upcoming ninth season of “The Apprentice” — because he loved thinking about how great the ratings would be.

“In your business, there’s a thing called ratings,” Trump told Stern.

“I found out a lot about your business, because, hey, I’m the biggest star. I’m now the biggest star … So I know that if you come up with a cure for cancer, and if you put it on, and if it doesn’t get ratings, they will not broadcast it. So, you come with a cure for a disease — no good.”

“Now I know this,” he added.

“If I put O.J. on — huge ratings. Oh, forget it, 35 million people.”

Trump claimed NBC “went totally crazy” over the pitch. But he said he stopped short of an offer because, as he put it, he “realized (Simpson) killed his wife.”

“I don’t like people that kill their wives,” the future President said.

“Does that make sense? Does that make me a disloyal person? I like women. I mean, I don’t even like guys that beat up women — you get a lot of those guy.”

Trump, who today faces a series of sexual harassment allegations, made sure to mention that he’s not one of those guys.

“I’m a lover, not a fighter,” he said.

“Great lover, poor fighter.”

The whole story, though, might have been fake news from Trump. NBC later said in a statement that it “never considered O.J. Simpson for the next season of ‘The Apprentice,’ nor will.”

Smitty

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2005
Upstate NY
The revelance of this post is underwhelming!
you were very upset over Karine Jean-Pierre's comment regarding the death of a murderer. i assumed you'd be equally upset over someone willing to do business with that murderer just for the ratings.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

yyz

Under .500
Forum Member
Mar 16, 2000
On the course!
She was murdered by an illegal alien in Georgia, pretty big story...

Was it a "big story" because she is someone special, or because an "illegal" killed her?

Otherwise, she's just one of 80 people murdered in the US every day. Where is their story?