Super Bowl

Terryray

Say Parlay
Forum Member
Damn Boom! … widow maker a nasty one! … killed 2 my friends .. my dad tho, was kinda hypochondriac, liked visiting his doctors and complaining and getting second opinions and spending time in hospitals.

he got bypass and stents and pacemaker - lived a fine enjoyable life to age 98! …

that a damn lesson I know I won’t learn from…

heal Boomer and keep on keeping on here !

Reactions: boomer1

rocky mountain

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2005
San Fran -130 ***

I wanted to let you guys know Friday morning I had a major heart attack. They call this particular one a widow maker. My surgeon told me the survival rate of this type is only 12-15%. I’m a very blessed man to be able to be typing this. So I’m gonna back away for a while and concentrate on getting healthy. I consider you guys a second family exchanging sport info. God bless!
Thank God! Stay healthy and stay away from this sick hobby, its stressful and encourages drinking and shitty eating habits too. Live strong and get healthy and don't look back. Let us know how you're doing . I'm follow this diet and excellent and will help you tremendously. You get used to it over time and i love it. Its The Anti-Inflammatory Lifestyle. www.fammed.wisc.edu/files/webfm-uploads/documents/outreach/im/handout_ai_diet_patient.pdf
Best!

Last edited:

joeco

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 26, 2016
good luck to you and take care you are getting a second chance (widow maker usually fatal) make it count! i will keep a good thought for you

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Mdbasketball

Registered
Forum Member
Dec 22, 2019
San Fran -130 ***

I wanted to let you guys know Friday morning I had a major heart attack. They call this particular one a widow maker. My surgeon told me the survival rate of this type is only 12-15%. I’m a very blessed man to be able to be typing this. So I’m gonna back away for a while and concentrate on getting healthy. I consider you guys a second family exchanging sport info. God bless!
Glad your doing okay. What did your cardiologist say about betting the superbowl?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

WildBillPicks7

Move the line!
Forum Member
May 4, 2005
Birmingham, Alabama
San Fran -130 ***

Glad you’re doing better Boomer!! Those scares make us awaken inside!! Speedy recovery for ya and chill for a bit. More important things in life yanno?!!

Bobmac

Forum Member
Sep 5, 2002
Boomer, you’re one of the classiest guys on here, prayers for a speedy recovery

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
San Fran -130 ***

Scary stuff right there. You must have gotten to the hospital quickly. I doubt I would have made it because it has to be pretty bad for me to get to the emergency room, or, God forbid, call an ambulance. Glad you pulled through. What's next, stents?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

yyz

Under .500
Forum Member
Mar 16, 2000
On the course!
Scary stuff right there. You must have gotten to the hospital quickly. I doubt I would have made it because it has to be pretty bad for me to get to the emergency room, or, God forbid, call an ambulance. Glad you pulled through. What's next, stents?

Don't fuck around. Better to be embarrassed, than dead. My buddy who had his two weeks ago, poo-pooed it until his wife finally called 911. As they're wheeling him into the hospital, he died, and they got him back. 100% blockage.

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
Don't fuck around. Better to be embarrassed, than dead. My buddy who had his two weeks ago, poo-pooed it until his wife finally called 911. As they're wheeling him into the hospital, he died, and they got him back. 100% blockage.
It's never at a convenient time. I'll remember this thread.

My wife had one and she was concerned but I said it was probably heart burn. Well, I finally took her in to see what was up and she was having a heart attack. Scary stuff.

Reactions: Hamster
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

boomer1

Forum Member
Feb 27, 2008
Birmingham Al
Thanks Jack. It’s was just a God thing that I made it. 99 time out of 100 I would have gone back to bed and tried to sleep it off but for some reason my son was up and made me go. Docs said had I gone back to sleep it would have been the last time I did it. 90 mins is around the longest people can go with this ‘Widow Maker’, mine started at 5:30AM and the artery was cleared and stint put in at 7:41AM. So I was very fortunate. I have one more thats 75% blocked that I’ll have a stint put in in a few weeks but this one is no where near as big of a deal. I’m overwhelmed by everyone’s support here! Thanks so much guys!

Reactions: rocky mountain

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
Thanks Jack. It’s was just a God thing that I made it. 99 time out of 100 I would have gone back to bed and tried to sleep it off but for some reason my son was up and made me go. Docs said had I gone back to sleep it would have been the last time I did it. 90 mins is around the longest people can go with this ‘Widow Maker’, mine started at 5:30AM and the artery was cleared and stint put in at 7:41AM. So I was very fortunate. I have one more thats 75% blocked that I’ll have a stint put in in a few weeks but this one is no where near as big of a deal. I’m overwhelmed by everyone’s support here! Thanks so much guys!
I'm glad you made it in time and it worked out for you. I'll definitely remember this thread and not take a chance if it happens to me. Were you having much pain?

HappyJack

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 3, 2022
Good Luck with everything moving forward boomer! Always check your posts.

Damn Saban adding all that stress!

• Haha
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

boomer1

Forum Member
Feb 27, 2008
Birmingham Al
I'm glad you made it in time and it worked out for you. I'll definitely remember this thread and not take a chance if it happens to me. Were you having much pain?
The pain was unbearable. They gave me morphine on the ride to the hospital, but it didn’t do much. But once the block was removed it was like throwing a switch! Pain was gone.