Taken from Isalamonline

Chanman

:-?PipeSmokin'
Forum Member
My problem is looking at haraam things. I repent then I go back to it, and I do not know what is making me do this?.

Answer : Praise be to Allaah.

Allaah has created us for a great purpose, which is to worship Him alone with no partner or associate. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And I (Allaah) created not the jinn and mankind except that they should worship Me (Alone)”

[al-Dhaariyaat 51:56]

Every Muslim must strive to worship His Lord as much as He can.

“Allaah burdens not a person beyond his scope”

[al-Baqarah 2:286 – interpretation of the meaning]

But man is weak and surrounded by enemies on all sides, and his own self urges him to do evil, and the Shaytaan flows through him like blood, and he lives in this world which is attractive to him… so how can he be safe from these enemies unless Allaah has mercy on him?

However, Hell is surrounded with whims and desires, and Paradise is surrounded with difficulties. So each person must turn to Allaah and ask Him to help him to remember Him and be grateful to Him and to worship Him properly. Abu Bakr came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said to him, “Teach me a du’aa’ that I can say in my prayer.” He said, “Say Allaahumma inni zalamtu nafsi zulman katheeran wa laa yaghfir al-dhunooba illa anta faghfir li maghfiratan min ‘indika warhamni innaka anta al-Ghafoor al-Raheem (O Allaah, I have done great injustice to myself and no one forgives sin except You. Grant me forgiveness from You and have mercy on me, for You are the Oft-Forgiving, Most etc.etc.etc.

Well I'm sure you get their drift. And the 9/11 hijackers were in Strip Clubs? :confused:
6'5"- thought you might like to read this next one...

Animal rights in Islam
Islam Q&A - 4/10/2004 7:30:00 AM GMT

I killed a Rabbit by shooting it for the purpose of practicing my aim. I buried it afterward. I deeply regret what I did. What is the Islamic ruling on that?

Answer : Praise be to Allaah.

Undoubtedly this action that you did is something which is forbidden according to sharee’ah and is not permitted. This is a form of tormenting animals which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade.

1. It was narrated in the hadeeth from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “A woman was punished for a cat which she imprisoned until it died, and she entered Hell because of that. She did not feed it or give it water when she imprisoned it, and she did not leave it free to eat of the vermin of the earth.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 2236; Muslim, 2242). Al-Nawawi said: the apparent meaning of the hadeeth is that she went to Hell only because of this sin.

2. It was narrated from Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) that he entered upon Yahyaa ibn Sa’eed and one of Yahyaa’s sons had tied up a hen and was shooting at it. Ibn ‘Umar walked over to him and untied it, then he brought it and the boy and said, “Do not allow your boys to tie up birds in order to kill them, for I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbidding the tying up of animals or other creatures in order to kill them.”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5195; Muslim, 1958. The version narrated by Muslim says, “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed those who do that.”)

3. It says in another hadeeth which was narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Do not use anything in which there is a soul as a target.” (Narrated by Muslim, 1957).

Al-Nawawi said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade detaining or tying up animals (for the purpose of killing them); according to another report, ‘Do not take anything in which there is a soul as a target.’ The scholars said that tying up animals means restraining them whilst they are still alive in order to use them as targets and so on. The words ‘Do not take anything in which there is a soul as a target’ means do not use living animals as targets for shooting as targets made of leather and so on are used. This prohibition means that doing this is haraam. Hence the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, according to the report narrated by Ibn ‘Umar which follows this report: “Allaah cursed the one who does that.” And because it is torturing animals, a waste of their [animals’] lives, a waste of money, causing the animal to die without slaughtering it in the proper Islamic manner if it is an animal whose meat may be eaten, and wasting an animal from which benefit may be derived in other ways if it is an animal whose meat may not be eaten.

You must repent sincerely to Allaah from this deed and seek His forgiveness, and do lots of good deeds so that Allaah will forgive your sin.

And Allaah is the Guide to the straight path.

Wonder what they think of Gamblers?