the bull just keeps on rolling

selkirk

Forum Member
Jul 16, 1999
Canada
the bull just keep rolling, actually had only two small short positions, offset by puts, bought one back. here is what the indexes have been doing ytd.

TSX CDN. 10.05%
SP 500 23%
Nasdaq 29%
DJ 21%
Russel 2000 30%

the bull market probably will continue for the rest of the year, though a small pullback or pause might be warranted after such a move. reasons for the bull to continue.

Europe is improving, yes it is still a mess, but better than a few years ago, well.....a little.
China economic news is a reason for concern but the most recent numbers have been good to decent.
central banks are keeping the rates low, very low, this will continue to force the retail and inst. money into the market for yield and returns.

also earnings have average to good. well actually good, though some of missed, but even the ones with bad news ussually do not get beat up....market up on bad news is a bull market.

market down on good news bear market.

believe Toronto will play catch up, except will avoid the resources for the most part. ie. oil believed it would drop below $100, it has still do not see great support, so only have cnq with covered calls close to the price. sold a mid cap... will buy back on pullback.

gold stocks are still avoid, the costs are still brutal, people say the sector is close to bottom, who cares, when it moves there will be plenty of upside, will not try to catch the bottom..., own yri. that is all. sold abx Barrick and happy I did as they are issuing 3 billion of stock....dead money.

ag stock, agu., pot, mosaic, cf, these are great stocks, but have equal short and long, this sector will not move. the grain harvests are huge, and nitrogen will tread water, ie. one of the biggest corn crops ever, this will put a lid on prices, and share moves, until spring.....

thanks
selkirk

selkirk

Forum Member
Jul 16, 1999
Canada
have a larger cash position than I wish, but this mainly to offset options, will look to short some overpriced preferreds, but that is all.....,

will add to some positions except something with resources... will hope I get a pullback on cdn. reits, as I sold some, basically flat since the sale. still like them as they are yield 5-7%.

thanks
selkirk