ChasDee

Forum Member
Dec 14, 2011
BOWLS
11-8

NCAA Championship Game

WASHINGTON +4.5 Triple Play

Those of you who had Michigan vs Alabama,
congratulations, but don't pat yourself on the back too hard. In my opinion, it isn't so much that Michigan won that game, as it was that Alabama LOST that game! Obviously, you have to give Michigan credit for the win, but Alabama was vastly outcoached and outplayed for 90% of that game, and they STILL had the 7-point lead with 3 minutes to go in the game! The way Michigan executed at the end was the difference in the game. Their play-calling and execution was MUCH, MORE SUPERIOR than Alabama's play-calling and execution. Which surprises me, because I thought it would be the opposite! Especially the way Alabama took care of Georgia in the SEC Championship Game. But Alabama looked like two different teams in their last two games. I give Michigan credit for the win, but that game could have easily gone Bama's way.

Washington vs Texas was another incredible game. In fact, I can't remember the last time all 4 teams were this good. Any one of them could have won yesterday and advanced to the Championship Game on Monday. But it is Washington vs Michigan. I wouldn't get too high on Michigan's ability to pressure the QB. Granted, they looked great vs Bama, but they will not be able to do that vs Washington. Washington won the Joe Moore Award this year, which is awarded annually to the best college football offensive line unit. Texas, which some would say has the best defensive front in all of college football, HAD ZERO SACKS AND ZERO TACKLES FOR LOSS vs Washington. In addition, Michigan had only 1 sack and only 1 tackle for loss (on the same play) in the Ohio State game...and trust me, Ohio State's O-line wasn't very good this year!

In my opinion, either team can win this game. One thing I'm pretty certain of...NO WAY will this be a lopsided win, by either team. Personally, I'll take the generous 4 1/2 points with Washington in another game that should go to the wire! Any team that can beat Oregon twice in the same year is pretty damn good and now you are giving me 4 1/2?? I'll take it THANK YOU!

:smilies8

Slumdog

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 7, 2021
Let’s not forget. If that ball on the muffed punt doesn’t make a left turn on the goal line….that kid gets crushed in the end zone for a safety. Game over

Dave portnoy and cheatin’ harbaugh would be on suicide watch today.

Another great day of capping by you. Congrats !!!!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ChasDee

Forum Member
Dec 14, 2011
Let’s not forget. If that ball on the muffed punt doesn’t make a left turn on the goal line….that kid gets crushed in the end zone for a safety. Game over

Dave portnoy and cheatin’ harbaugh would be on suicide watch today.

Another great day of capping by you. Congrats !!!!
Exactly! As bad as Alabama played, they still could have won...on that punt at the end! Then Hairballs would have been looking at the ground with his hands on his knees!! :LOL:

ChasDee

Forum Member
Dec 14, 2011
Agree, Chas. The wrong team is favored. Washington wins straight up. Also like Washington TT over 26.
Yeah Longhorn...I definitely think the points are huge in this game...a game I think the Huskies will win, but I'll gladly take the points!!

Reactions: LonghornMM
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Slumdog

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 7, 2021
Ahhahahahha. Great pic !! What would you have done tho if that kid got tackled in the end zone ? 😳😳😳

ChasDee

Forum Member
Dec 14, 2011
For what it's worth...

JJ MCCarthy has been sacked 19 times on about 330 pass plays.
Micheal Penix was sacked only 11 times on approximately 530 passing attempts!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg