New Uniforms for USC

Felonious Monk

Site Owner
Forum Member
Oct 26, 2001
Austin, TX
football-fanatics_1671_45948552

troyandcarson1.jpg

Comparing it to the old ones I would have to say it's a slight upgrade. Looking at the old ones, they have that gaudy flourescent yellow and I didn't like the stripes on the sleeve.

Re the new ones, I like the solid color jersey but hate the white home jersey. The nubers actually look red on the white uni instead of maroon, which seems to clash with the pants.

Also, I think they should have left off the shoulder pad stripes, too much like Miami's.

All in all, if they would have made any more changes, the alumni would have been steamed. You can't tinker too much with tradition. I've always admired their unis and I think it looks OK.

Any pics on the new helmets for the Huskers yet?

Felonious Monk

Site Owner
Forum Member
Oct 26, 2001
Austin, TX
Never mind, I found the pic in your other post.

display.v

I honestly don't know what to think about this. It seems like every other month a team is changing uniforms. Now, if they changed the helmet, I would be fuhking shocked. And disappointed.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

DNOMYAR_5791

Forum Member
Jan 8, 2002
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
Monk: There are no plans as of right now to change the helmet (Thank God and Bob Devaney in heaven). There is a serious uproar about this over in Husker land. Adidas kinda went behind the backs of our marketing dept and AD Bill Byrne, went straight to some of our seniors to be and pimped this on them. The jersey was then made to believe a good idea to AD Bill Byrne. The players voted on it thru their unity council and that is where we are at today. QB Coach Turner Gill spoke at a Dallas banquet this week about them and said that NEBRASKA would resemble a Red and White Miami and that is a done deal. It is all about marketing and selling product and generating revenue. I agree that it is sickening that every year some team does something radical. I always thought that Nebraska was bigger than that "nike" crowd. Now they are letting Adidas dictate how we dress. What is next putting an adidas symbol on their helmets???
There is still talk of them wearing all red at home next year. They will be wearing all white on the road. That is not good for them...:mad:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg