New Year's Day Bowling ~ should be some good ones!

LordofBalls

Forum Member
Aug 31, 2006
California
the morning games have sure lost a lot of quality the last few years eh?
Transfer portal and opting out... whatta world.. whatta world!!

I Believe..
1) there are NO "SHUTDOWN" DEFENSES in college football. Not THIS year.
So, that said I don't think any team can stop a team with a good/great offense. Period.
2) the Big 10 was a very weak conference offensively this year, weaker than it's normal.
3) it's tough to play upscale spread offenses with pro talent in bowl games after you've been playing plodder that only throw from 2 diff formations when it's 3rd and long..
ADVANTAGE goes to Texas, Washington, Alabama...

Wisc +9 vs LSU (56.5)
How Wisconsin's team deserved a Jan 1st bowl game shows how screwed up the system has become..
LSU w/Heisman winner Daniels and talented WRs could score against ANYbody, but they do give up lotsa points!!
Lsu QB Daniels sitting out, the rest are playing. I think they put up 35+ (TT Over)
Wisc has 2 WRs, RB, 3 OL sitting... it'll be interesting to see if this motley crew can score 20 vs Lsu.
Lsu or nothing.. maybe over.

Oregon-18/Liberty.. guessing Oregon wants to score a boatload in Bo Nix's 77th (and final) college game, and don't think Liberty can stop em..
Oregon's top RB is sitting out, but they've got speed all over the talent positions. Liberty's line will be overmatched - esp when Oregon has the ball... Liberty should be able to put up 3-4 td's on their own.. OREGON inna blowout..
I'll tail EJthree's 1h OVER.. maybe the Oregon TT Over also

Iowa+6/Tenn.. Iowa's offense is truly awful. Their defense and scheme are above average. But again, they really don't play against any good offenses all season in their conference. Tenn's QB Milton sitting out... I got no clue on this game. I DO know Iowa's kids will play hard, and they don't have the offensive talent that Tennessee has... nothing big for me at all.

Ala+1.5/Michigan.. I love the "Harbaugh fire in the belly".. always have. That grit is a core ingredient of being a good football player at all levels and he's built a great program that can now beat Ohio State! yay - good for them. But they play a more advanced opponent in the playoffs and end up being overmatched cuz they haven't seen it week in week out like the teams in the other conferences..
Michigan will battle, and they DO have some big play potential and I think they'll hang tough.
Alabama is beatable this year more than most years for sure. But they have talented skill players, and their QB can run like the wind for long 3rd down conversions.. I'll play ~ OVER 45.... probably some Ala/Ov par we'll see

Wash +4/Texas (63.5) ... should be very fun to watch! Penix throws the prettiest passes to skilled WRs.. Texas has lots of playmakers too and will have a good game plan. OVER OVER OVER

Let's see what develops in the morning!

LoB

Reactions: nedp and Randercity

Slumdog

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 7, 2021
You mean two good ones.

I think I’m with ya. Bama huskies. Good luck 👍

LordofBalls

Forum Member
Aug 31, 2006
California
watched the espn bet show from yday morn...
as of then:
58% on Wash ML
75% on Ala ML

and at my shop this morning, the Mich line has gone from -2 to -2.5... total from 45 to 45.5
I DO like OVER... I may need to play some Mich ML and OV parlay/tease

So far I've played these..
1h Ore OV 35 <<< 187/170
Ore/Lib OV 69.5 <<< 360/300
Ala tt OV 21.5 <<< 130/100
Tex Ov 63.5 <<< 330/300

Parlays:

Lsu -8.5/Ore OV 68.5/Ala Ov 43.5 <<< 137/580 (w/buys)

Lsu -9/Ore Ov 68/Ala Ov 45/Ala ml/Tx Ov 63.5 <<< 73/1914 (no buys in parlays ov 4 spots)

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

LordofBalls

Forum Member
Aug 31, 2006
California
well it's been an exciting afternoon and early evening for me!
lost parlays on Lsu, but hit a Live ML bet at plus money to offset it...
lost pretty big on Ore Gm OV.. did hit 1h Ov by an rch... lost a couple hundy there
hit the Rose Bowl over for a couple.. ended up on Michigan (Jord and others pushed me to that side)..
lost some on exotics... but going into the late gm, was up almost $250..
hit 1q Ov 13.5... hit 1h Ov 30.5 = +180... currently up +427
have the gm over 63.5 (was scared all day watchg it drop to 61.5 finally) 440/400...
have 1 parlay W/W/Tex Ml << 73/256.. sm hedge w/Wash +6.5 << 76/40
should be up about $800 after last gm, and if Tex pulls one out then about 1k - yay!

have a very nice one parlay waiting...
Ore-17.5/Mich ml/Mich Ov 43.5/(Open) <<< 173/1423