BetUS screwed me... I think

dvdharding

Forum Member
Mar 12, 2005
Boston
I placed a futures wager today on Scottie Scheffler leading the masters after the 3rd round
Ticket #: 1606291375 - 1
Posted: 04/09 10:52 AM
Type: Future/Prop
Risking 662.50 USD to win 250.00 USD
04/09 12:00 PM Golf Futures US Masters Scottie Scheffler -265 for Round 3 Leader US Masters

BetUS graded as a loss and said that the bet was for the lowest 3rd round score not being the leader after round 3.

It was -140 for him to beat his playing partner in Rd 3
How could it be -265 to beat the entire field in round 3

I thought I was laying a ridiculous -265 because he had a 3 shot lead going into the round

I called they told me I don't know anything about odds and that the industry set s the line and I should understand the line before making the bet.

I think they are full of shit. who would lay -265 and have a 1 in 52 shot of winning?

Am I wrong of did they fuck me?

Thanks for any responses

DH

zoomer

Forum Member
Feb 20, 2000
Massapequa Park, NY USA
I placed a futures wager today on Scottie Scheffler leading the masters after the 3rd round
Ticket #: 1606291375 - 1
Posted: 04/09 10:52 AM
Type: Future/Prop
Risking 662.50 USD to win 250.00 USD
04/09 12:00 PM Golf Futures US Masters Scottie Scheffler -265 for Round 3 Leader US Masters

BetUS graded as a loss and said that the bet was for the lowest 3rd round score not being the leader after round 3.

It was -140 for him to beat his playing partner in Rd 3
How could it be -265 to beat the entire field in round 3

I thought I was laying a ridiculous -265 because he had a 3 shot lead going into the round

I called they told me I don't know anything about odds and that the industry set s the line and I should understand the line before making the bet.

I think they are full of shit. who would lay -265 and have a 1 in 52 shot of winning?

Am I wrong of did they fuck me?

Thanks for any responses

DH

Your bet was Scheffler would lead field after 3rd round. Thats a win

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
Top Poster Of Month
May 26, 2002
Canada
It is pretty easy, if the wager says:

"lead after 3 rounds", you won.

"best third round score", you lost.

From what you posted.........yes they "screwed you over"........you won.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
Top Poster Of Month
May 26, 2002
Canada
They are a sponsor, so that should help you get your money, well I think so anyway:shrug:

You won that bet.

Old School

OVR
Forum Member
Mar 19, 2006

whoever graded this a loser should be suspended without pay.

Ya can't have mistakes like this w/other peoples money.

on top of that there has to be a grand wizard there who knows better.

tighten up BetUS

won't be long we will be walking into the 7-11 for this entertainment

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
Hi David, I got your email but won't be able to contact BETUS until I get back home on Wednesday. I'm in Vegas and all my contacts for the various books are at home.

Hopefully the grading error has been corrected by now as they get many complaints on grading mistakes.

You'd think the wording for the bet would have been more clear.

I don't understand this line.

What does that mean? If that's the case wouldn't be impossible for Sheffeller to win the bet? Cameron Smith had the low score for the day. I'm assuming that's how it was graded.

The clerk you had was an asshole. Maybe ask for a supervisor but don't tell them what the call is about.

Please send me a reminder email to check on this for you. Shoot for late Wednesday afternoon otherwise your email will be in the mix of probably hundreds after being gone for 8 days.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

dvdharding

Forum Member
Mar 12, 2005
Boston
Floor manager reached out to me and corrected the error

Floor manager reached out to me and corrected the error

Thanks for the support from the group here at MadJacks. I really enjoy the community here.
Thiis error was corrected today.

April 10, 2022 10:20

Hello David,

First off my apologies for the back and forth you have had to endure regarding this wager. I will simply say, as someone who watches quite a bit of golf and even tries to play a little, I 100% agree with you on this one. We will look into the wording of how this prop is offered and make sure there are correlating rules posted under Golf for the future. I have credited the remaining $250 win to your account.

Thanks David,

Jeremy ( Wagering Floor Manager ) Ext.3000

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
Thanks for the support from the group here at MadJacks. I really enjoy the community here.
Thiis error was corrected today.

April 10, 2022 10:20

Hello David,

First off my apologies for the back and forth you have had to endure regarding this wager. I will simply say, as someone who watches quite a bit of golf and even tries to play a little, I 100% agree with you on this one. We will look into the wording of how this prop is offered and make sure there are correlating rules posted under Golf for the future. I have credited the remaining $250 win to your account.

Thanks David,

Jeremy ( Wagering Floor Manager ) Ext.3000

That's what usually happens and glad it worked out for you.

I wouldn't want to be that $2.50 an hour clerk that talked to you yesterday. He's the one that has no clue.

Jeremy listened to the whole conversation, I'm sure. I love when people do their job this day and age. Most don't. Props to Jeremy.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg