Boxing 2024

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
canelo vs munguia?...that`s an interesting tidbit.....that piques my interest....munguia`s tall.....still young(27)...has some pop.....

he`s still relatively untested but,hey,that`s what makes it interesting...throw in the dela hoya/canelo feud(probably somewhat blown out of proportion for marketing purposes) and you have a nice little witches` brew for saturday evening.......

should be fun.....

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

BOXLOCKS

Surveyor
Forum Member
Sep 14, 2002
Hell
discord.com
canelo vs munguia?...that`s an interesting tidbit.....that piques my interest....munguia`s tall.....still young(27)...has some pop.....

he`s still relatively untested but,hey,that`s what makes it interesting...throw in the dela hoya/canelo feud(probably somewhat blown out of proportion for marketing purposes) and you have a nice little witches` brew for saturday evening.......

should be fun.....

Intention and ability to defend themselves is paramount in this fight, imo. Munguia's lack of head movement and defense in general has been protected his entire career and he still got exposed by D-chenko. He was life and death with D-chenko, who is a relatively light punching 160 lb'er, not nearly as big or dangerous as Canelo. On the other hand, Canelo has excellent head movement and overall defense. Most importantly tho...Canelo makes defense a priority, Munguia does not. I'm on Canelo Inside Distance +200. Good luck brother

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
+200?......o.k...i`m heading over to draft kings to see if i can find something in that ballpark......

i got the orioles to win the division at almost 1 to win 2....i`m no baseball fan but this is a young and hungry team stacked with guys who can play..........i think those odds are off...

Reactions: BOXLOCKS
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
i see that the three undercard boauts are perceived by vegas as total mismatches(the lowest favorite being -1100)...this is what ruined boxing for me....people don`t want to see this garbage...yes there have been a few upsets of late but these bouts are put together BECAUSE they are perceived as safe for the protected fighter....anything can happen but,i would think most folks aren`t paying a premium price to see one interesting fight and three mismatches.........

as much as people ragged on don king,hehad some of the best undercards i`ve ever see...he brought guys up from south america(and other venues) who were undefeated ands who could punch ...maybe they weren`t the absolute best technicians but he seemed to put fights together with a bias for potential violence...he didn`t pay his fighters enough?...same thing the haters say about dana white...nobody`s forcing these guys to get in the ring....or the octagon...they can be uber drivers or grocery checkers if they so choose...

that said,even though canelo looks like the guy in the main event,theres enough ??? about munguia to make it an interesting watch...

i`m really itching to see bivol vs beterbiev....potential classic...i know beterbiev is a killer by bivol really impresses me.....he impressed canelo,too

Reactions: 1837

Old School

OVR
Forum Member
Mar 19, 2006
3235.jpg
HAVE A GREAT SUMMER !

Reactions: BOXLOCKS
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

BOXLOCKS

Surveyor
Forum Member
Sep 14, 2002
Hell
discord.com
i see that the three undercard bouts are perceived by vegas as total mismatches(the lowest favorite being -1100)...this is what ruined boxing for me....people don`t want to see this garbage
Absolutely...to be fair, this undercard is far worse than most PPV undercards...but you're right
...he didn`t pay his fighters enough?
These days his fighters are lucky to get paid at all
i`m really itching to see bivol vs beterbiev....potential classic...i know beterbiev is a killer by bivol really impresses me.....he impressed canelo,too
Beterbiev injured...again. This time it's serious, after knee surgery, recovery, and a full camp he'll be 40 by the time they actually fight. Very sad