Calipari has lost his mind

WildBillPicks7

Move the line!
Forum Member
May 4, 2005
Birmingham, Alabama
With the NIL money out there, and Arkansas hungry to do something they haven't done since Coach Richardson coached back in the day for the Hogs, John Calipari bolts the Kentucky Blue program for Arkansas? Yes, Money is involved, it got stale in Lexington for coach Cal and his rosters were full of 1 and dones, not many have even made an impact on the NBA except maybe Maxey and Shigeous-Alexander, but come on man, what has Arkansas put out in the NBA? Coach Muss did a good job considering what he had and who he competed against in recruiting, but Fayetteville Arkansas ain't Louisville or Lexington or Storr's Connecticut or Massachusetts. Luckily Arkansas has some booster money and facilities, but who wants to go to Arkansas with how Kentucky has played in the last 5 years? Any national championships for Cal? Any top 5 picks in the NBA for coach Cal? He's done, he's spent, he's just hoping he can rejuvenate a program that was already rejuvenated by Muss and Coach Cal has worn out his contacts, network, boosters, etc., with false hopes and Arkansas competing in the SEC just as Kentucky has under Coach Cal, isn't going to be any different. This is all a money power move for Cal and shame on him for leaving Kentucky. He would have been better off taking an open NBA position in 2-3 weeks than take Arkansas' job!! Just my opinion.

Thoughts? I know some Kentucky fans are not going to be happy with John Calipari leaving!!

Big G21

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 29, 2013
Kentucky
Im in shock honestly but lets be honest with the talent cal has had he has underachieved at UK. Unbelievable recruiter. Terrible coach. Proof of that is look at his coaching tree. Literally zero.

I loved having the talent and top classes but the results were getting old with bbn. Player first is fine with positive program results but im kind of to the point and ready for program first. Lol. I do not agree with your uk nba assessment. Davis. Towns. Booker. Wall. Murray. Fox. Monk. Boogie. And i feel like there are more but in all honesty i dont follow once they are gone and i dont really care….i like college ball. And we really had some top notch players coming in. So idk what to think right now.

The positive. We didnt fire him so we dont have to pay 33 million. That leaves us plenty to find and get who we want. I worry about their pipeline because right now i am sure we have no players for next year. This will be interesting to see what happens and i am sure we will be fine. Time for a big hire!

Smitty

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2005
Upstate NY
without knowing any details, this sure seems like a very expensive way for Arkansas to win 4 more SEC games and lose in the 1st weekend of the NCAA tournament.

Reactions: WildBillPicks7
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

#cruncher

Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
New Orleans
I think they go after Dan Hurley #1 and probably Jay Wright #2, but I'm just guessing.
Maybe his assistant, Bill Murray's son. According to an article I read he was the brains behind Connecticut's offense. But I'm sure they will go with a former head coach, with at least some kind of reputation.

Reactions: WildBillPicks7
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

WildBillPicks7

Move the line!
Forum Member
May 4, 2005
Birmingham, Alabama
Im in shock honestly but lets be honest with the talent cal has had he has underachieved at UK. Unbelievable recruiter. Terrible coach. Proof of that is look at his coaching tree. Literally zero.

I loved having the talent and top classes but the results were getting old with bbn. Player first is fine with positive program results but im kind of to the point and ready for program first. Lol. I do not agree with your uk nba assessment. Davis. Towns. Booker. Wall. Murray. Fox. Monk. Boogie. And i feel like there are more but in all honesty i dont follow once they are gone and i dont really care….i like college ball. And we really had some top notch players coming in. So idk what to think right now.

The positive. We didnt fire him so we dont have to pay 33 million. That leaves us plenty to find and get who we want. I worry about their pipeline because right now i am sure we have no players for next year. This will be interesting to see what happens and i am sure we will be fine. Time for a big hire!
On Point!!! Bravo BigG!! I totally concur on his coaching tree and execution on x's/o's.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

WildBillPicks7

Move the line!
Forum Member
May 4, 2005
Birmingham, Alabama
This is who i would want if a real option. No thanks on pitino.
The nail in Cal's coffin is his L4 years at Kentucky. The final nail was losing to Oakland a #14 seed of all seeds to beat them!! Sheperd if not on that team, Kentucky would have been trash, maybe a 500 team in the SEC. He shot lights out and he dishes the pill often!! Other than him the others were pedestrian players. Dillingham may improve up the ladder, but he's been eratic too. Side ways move for Cal imo and I do hope Kentucky finds their guy quickly. Billy Donovan's name mentioned on GameDay? WOW. He's said no to college jobs since he's been with the Bulls, he obviously knows how the college game has changed and we're fools to believe it hasn't changed! NIL and one and dones has killed the game!! Officiating is at it's worse!! Transfer portal is abused!! It's all insanity and it won't get better before it gets worse!! Football & Basketball are big college bucks!! Good coaches are getting out and it's happening in the high school ranks too. Sad state of affairs in public school sports!!

Let the one in a million players like LeBron James, Kevin Garnett, Darryl Dawkins, etc., go from high school straight to the NBA. For those that don't make an impact on the NBA , well you weren't interested in college anyways, there's always a job with Door Dash or put some of your NIL money away for a rainy day when you can't find a real job if you don't make the NBA! Some of the better players in the NBA the past few years aren't even from the United States anyways!!

Later!! Thanks for everyone's input!! Good luck tonight!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg