Empty seats.

Slumdog

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 7, 2021
I’m surprised to see so many empty seats at these games. We rarely see later rounds not sold out. I have gone to many over the past 3 decades. I always remember the stadium jammed packed and roaring for the sweet 16 and elite rounds. I have to chalk it up to Bidenomics. The travel. Hotel. Food. Tix. Shit adds up. Put DC and the Fed on trial. A**holes

Now that I put my rant on screen. No, im actually Not surprised to see empty seats.

• Love
Reactions: hedgehog

LordofBalls

Forum Member
Aug 31, 2006
California
I had the good fortune of volunteering at the Final 4 in Albq in '83 w/NC St winning on the airball putback and Valvano running crazy on the court..
I remember after the semi's on Saturday, nearly all the fans of the losing teams had no interest in staying for the Monday game.
tickets that were being scalped for 100-250 bucks were being dumped on the sidewalk by losing fans and scooped up and resold by others..

if you're talking about tickets from last night's gms then I'd say the exorbitant cost to attend is definitely a factor.
face value nowadays I have no idea, but nothing sells for face value anyway lol
I live near Disneyland and I tried to book a hotel about 70 miles inland to play golf the next morning, online advertised $90-130, out in nowheresville Temecula area.. nice enough area, but not a tourist stop.. and EVerywhere wanted $300-350 for 1 night! crazy!

greed... and if you've got the Elite 8 in town, prices just went up again!

GL Slumdog ~ enjoy today's games and then the time away!

Reactions: Slumdog
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

boomer1

Forum Member
Feb 27, 2008
Birmingham Al
I’m surprised to see so many empty seats at these games. We rarely see later rounds not sold out. I have gone to many over the past 3 decades. I always remember the stadium jammed packed and roaring for the sweet 16 and elite rounds. I have to chalk it up to Bidenomics. The travel. Hotel. Food. Tix. Shit adds up. Put DC and the Fed on trial. A**holes

Now that I put my rant on screen. No, im actually Not surprised to see empty seats.
I would have gone to the Alabama games if they hadn’t sent them clear across the world!

Reactions: Scott777
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Smitty

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2005
Upstate NY
Completely ridiculous the prices to attend sporting events.
yup. the problem is, people keep paying those prices. until that stops, prices will keep skyrocketing. fans have the power to stop it, but until we say "enough is enough", why wouldn't these assholes keep charging more and more?

as far as the huge sections of empty seats, it's almost always fans of one team who don't care enough to watch the other game. maybe they're all pre-gaming together. but last night for example... at least in one early game, nearly half the left side of the stands was empty. it was full of Houston fans for the 2nd game.

these games are pretty much always sold out.

Reactions: boomer1

ejthree

Forum Member
Sep 7, 2006
The fans in the NFL are brain dead , the old crusty muti billionaires owner hold these cities hostage for land and free stadiums and scream what a benefit it is and a privilege to have them, well San Diego said fuck you and trust me it was not a big loss.

Reactions: redsfann

T

Registered
Forum Member
Sep 1, 2012
Speaking of ridiculous ticket prices…Looking to go to Knicks vs Kings next week a Thursday night game. Cheapest lowers are $450-500. Are they fucking insane? By the time we grab a bite and enjoy the game I’m looking at $1700-1800 after a few beers. Fuck that!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Slumdog

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 7, 2021
Speaking of ridiculous ticket prices…Looking to go to Knicks vs Kings next week a Thursday night game. Cheapest lowers are $450-500. Are they fucking insane? By the time we grab a bite and enjoy the game I’m looking at $1700-1800 after a few beers. Fuck that!
Unreal right. I lived there for decades. Will not go back anytime soon. No thank you. They can keep it.

Reactions: redsfann and T

yyz

Under .500
Forum Member
Mar 16, 2000
On the course!
Maybe people just don't give a shit anymore? Is there really any incentive to go? A 75" tv in your livingroom has been the "best seat in the house" for 10 years.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

T

Registered
Forum Member
Sep 1, 2012
Maybe people just don't give a shit anymore? Is there really any incentive to go? A 75" tv in your livingroom has been the "best seat in the house" for 10 years.
100% correct. I still enjoy going to games, and I try to do it in traveling cities. The TV can’t replace the sound of a ball to a bat up close. The games perspective up close is amazing in any sport.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Smitty

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2005
Upstate NY
The fans in the NFL are brain dead , the old crusty muti billionaires owner hold these cities hostage for land and free stadiums and scream what a benefit it is and a privilege to have them, well San Diego said fuck you and trust me it was not a big loss.
despite study after study that shows these stadium deals are terrible for the municipalities. our POS governor just gave the billionaire owners of the Bills about $1B of taxpayer money because they threatened to move. fucking disgusting.

hedgehog

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 30, 2003
TX

You nailed it 👍

ejthree

Forum Member
Sep 7, 2006
despite study after study that shows these stadium deals are terrible for the municipalities. our POS governor just gave the billionaire owners of the Bills about $1B of taxpayer money because they threatened to move. fucking disgusting.

:sick: Fed,State and local government have their heads up their asses but we already knew that lol I guess makes for good postcards.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

hedgehog

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 30, 2003
TX
Tell me about it, I took my son to see the Texans playoff game when they beat down the Browns and it cost me 500 bucks and our tickets were nose bleed. Not to mention parking was 100 dollars more. We had a great time but it is ridiculously expensive now days to attend a sporting event.

Reactions: ejthree

Slumdog

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 7, 2021
Tell me about it, I took my son to see the Texans playoff game when they beat down the Browns and it cost me 500 bucks and our tickets were nose bleed. Not to mention parking was 100 dollars more. We had a great time but it is ridiculously expensive now days to attend a sporting event.

When the rich rob the poor it’s called business. When the poor fight back it’s called violence. Lol. Every empire has fallen when the ruling elite wrecked its currency, Dating back to Roman Empire. When these aholes release a budget that is 8 trillion dollars and funded by money printing. It doesnt take a brain surgeon to see where we are headed. The 1% is now worth 44 trillion dollars. All time high. The rest of the population is broke…. Whether they realize it or not. So my secret is to bet it all on puke/purdue ml parlay !!!!! good luck jackers. Happy tranny day. (according to the White House )