Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
New Orleans

lostinamerica

Forum Member
Oct 10, 2001
Between Green Bay and Iowa City
Iowa State(-4) over TCU (1*)
- - Iowa State is dominated by Iowa in in-state recruiting every year, and I can?t believe ISU does a better job than Iowa in out-of-state recruiting. ISU probably has the right man for the job in at HC MattCampbell, if they can keep him, but he is not a better coach than Kirk Ferentz. QB Brock Purdy is not the golden difference maker. On the whole, I?ve been scratching my head about how weak the Big 12 is (or how delusional the talk has been) if there has been talk throughout the off season about Iowa State having the elite players and depth to emerge as the second best team or champion of the conference in 2020 . . . TCU was a middling team last year and only returns seven starters, and is without the benefit of a normal preseason or a game played. TCU has one of the longest home opener winning streaks in the country, but it seems like facts and circumstances favor the visitor today.

GL

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

lostinamerica

Forum Member
Oct 10, 2001
NCAA YTD: 3-5 (-2.60*)
NFL YTD: 13-9 (+3.70*)

Cincinnati(-21) over South Florida (1*)
- - With the NFL card this week, I think I have ANGLES and INFORMATION sufficient to pull the trigger in virtually every game, certainly not expecting I?ll threaten to sweep the board, but not feeling like I?m engaging in mere speculation in any of the games. On the other hand, for the second week in a row, with a bigger NCAA card to choose from, I feel like I?m struggling to find plays that have me feeling as though I am doing anything much more than engaging in speculation. But I really learn nothing in my capping unless I cap, sort, prioritize and then actually pull the trigger on some real games, so off we go, but I?ll be much more selective than Sunday is looking by comparison . . . If I had any strong plays last week, two of them were Cinci(-11') over Army, and Pitt(-3) over Louisville, and I seemed to be in a huge minority on both plays, and the lines had definitely shrunk in favor of the opponents, and I went 1-0-1 in those two games. Hmmm . . . Simply put, I came into the season with the idea that I really like what I?ve been seeing from Cinci under 4th year HC Luke Fickell, and with QB Desmond Ridder at the helm, I would likely play on them every week, liking my chances for some sort of 7-2 ATS lightning in a bottle, not particularly fearful of some sort of 4-5 ATS downside.

Oklahoma(-7)(-125) over Iowa State (1*)
- - I did an Iowa State write-up last week. Big bad Oklahoma (ha-ha) has a moment in the crosshairs today.

GL

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

lostinamerica

Forum Member
Oct 10, 2001
Notre Dame(-10) over Pittsburgh (1*)
- -

Alabama(-22) over Tennessee (1*)
- -

Iowa State(+3)(-113) over Oklahoma State (1*)
- -

Indiana(+7) over Penn State (1*)
- -

Iowa(-3)(-122) over Purdue (1*)
- -

Miami(-14) over Virginia (1*)
- -

Texas(-11) over Baylor (1*)
- -

GL

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg