Interesting II....

ssd

Forum Member
Aug 2, 2000
Ohio
....Seems we constantly hear about how Social Security is going to run out of money. But we never hear about welfare or food stamps running out of money? What's interesting is the first group "worked for" their money, but the second didn't.

:shrug:

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
Where it is real F ing COLD
It will never run out, the gov will just keep giving it to the poor. Eventually the debt will be 20 trillion. If you cut off the poor you cut off the economy . It isn't fair but it is what it is

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Duff Miver

Forum Member
Jul 29, 2009
Right behind you
....Seems we constantly hear about how Social Security is going to run out of money. But we never hear about welfare or food stamps running out of money? What's interesting is the first group "worked for" their money, but the second didn't.

Well, that's just plain right-wing bullshit.

There are plenty of folks on long-term SS disability payments who paid very little in SS taxes. I know of, and you probably also know of, people who worked for only a few years, became permanently disabled, and have collected SS disability benefits for decades. Those benefits can last for the rest of a lifetime.

And there are plenty of people now receiving food stamps who worked and paid in for many years before they became unemployed. And, "food stamp" programs vary state-to-state. In most cases you are required to actively seek work, and, depending on the state, the eligibility time limit can be one year or less.

"Welfare" benefits? Those ended under Bill Clinton. Here, try to learn something before running your Glenn Beck/Rush Limbaugh mouth:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/welfare/welfare.htm

Duff Miver

Forum Member
Jul 29, 2009
Right behind you

Well, that's just plain right-wing bullshit.

There are plenty of folks on long-term SS disability payments who paid very little in SS taxes. I know of, and you probably also know of, people who worked for only a few years, became permanently disabled, and have collected SS disability benefits for decades. Those benefits can last for the rest of a lifetime.

And there are plenty of people now receiving food stamps who worked and paid in for many years before they became unemployed. And, "food stamp" programs vary state-to-state. In most cases you are required to actively seek work, and, depending on the state, the eligibility time limit can be one year or less.

"Welfare" benefits? Those ended under Bill Clinton. Here, try to learn something before running your Glenn Beck/Rush Limbaugh/Fox Nuze mouth:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/welfare/welfare.htm

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

WhatsHisNuts

Woke
Forum Member
Aug 29, 2006
Earth
www.ffrf.org

Ignorance is bliss.

Where does that money go? Into Welfare trust funds? Nope, it goes right back into the economy. Keeps small urban businesses afloat. Reduces crime, which keeps our taxes down.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

hedgehog

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 30, 2003
TX
You don't work, you don't get paid...:shrug: something wrong with that? get rid of welfare all together

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

hedgehog

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 30, 2003
TX
That;s really dumb, you get rid of welfare you slit the economie's throat and what about those who really can't work? Why was this not a rallying cry when Bush was in office years ago?

because he tried to negotiate with the democrats which is equivalent to negotiating with terrorists.

for people that are handicapped we can figure out something, for those that can work and choose to sit at home smoking weed instead, fuck them

and for gods sake don't raise the minimum wage thats equivalent to cutting off your nose to spite your face

I went to Vegas last month and its ruined because minimum wage is so high, fuck that place I may never go back its too expensive now, the strip is ruined

ssd

Forum Member
Aug 2, 2000
Ohio
I'm well aware of how SS works, Duff.

Thanks.

It is interesting to me that SS Trust fund running out of cash is a political hot button issue. much like, if you do not pass this local operating levy, policeman and firemen are going to lose their jobs.

Hmmm...why don't they ever advertise that if you don't pass this levy, a few politicians and their clerical staff will lose their jobs.

Whoever posted it - you think welfare keeps this economy moving? Seriously?

Robbing Peter to pay Paul.....eventually you run out of Peter's money

Duff Miver

Forum Member
Jul 29, 2009
Right behind you
I'm well aware of how SS works, Duff.

Thanks.

It is interesting to me that SS Trust fund running out of cash is a political hot button issue. much like, if you do not pass this local operating levy, policeman and firemen are going to lose their jobs.

Hmmm...why don't they ever advertise that if you don't pass this levy, a few politicians and their clerical staff will lose their jobs.

Whoever posted it - you think welfare keeps this economy moving? Seriously?

Robbing Peter to pay Paul.....eventually you run out of Peter's money

Do I think "welfare" (which no longer exists) "keeps the economy moving". Of course not since there is no longer any "welfare".

But I do thing SS and Medicare do. If you don't see that, you're just another Fox Nuze fool.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg