Maryland @ FIU

airportis

Forum Member
Sep 22, 2006
NJ
I think there is some value here on FIU. Last week they got Indiana who game in with a defense that was a complete improvement from last season, and gave FIU a lot of trouble with their 4-2-5 scheme.

This week I think the offense gets on track at home vrs. Maryland who is also with new staff, but maybe a more conventional scheme that FIU is used to seeing.

Playing FIU over 21 +100

McGough can make throws, and FIU likes to pass. They've got an NFL talent at TE and missed a couple connections last week that could have been long gains. If the rust is off after week 1, this unit can put up some points.

They may have to put up points to keep up with Maryland tonight, who has a new HC in Walt Bell who wants to run a frantic paced offense. The goal for Bell is to snap the bull with 30 seconds left on the play clock every time. The sheer volume of plays should also lead to more opportunities for the FIU offense, so I think the value is definitely there for FIU at home after a poor showing vrs. Indiana last week.

shats

Forum Member
Sep 18, 1999
the man's pocket!
MD Coaches

MD Coaches

Bell is the OC, Durkin is the HC! Maryland looked good last week although it was against an HBCU opponent. Their offense can score a lot, like the Terps in this spot. QB is more of a game manager, but they have several good running backs. Also look for Will Likely to get more time,on Offense, he is a playmaker!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg