Forum Member
Sep 15, 2005
Upstairs watching sports on the big TV.
Another "stored metal" scheme bites the dust

Another "stored metal" scheme bites the dust

ALWAYS take delivery if you are speculating on the physical
possession of Precious Metals...:00x10

By Joshua Gibbons ? About.Ag ? for CoinWeek?.August 2015

As Much as $25M of Stored Metal ?Not Actually Purchased?

As a bullion investor and webmaster of About.Ag, I understand well the risks that customers face when ordering precious metals, especially from out of state vendors or websites.
I?ve seen firsthand the implosion of such companies and the havoc these business failures bring to investors ? people like you and me who want to diversify their asset holdings and look to bullion as a way to do that.

Last year, I had started warning people about The Tulving Company a few months before they shut down owing customers $17M, so I quickly noticed the red flags showing that this respectable 15-year-old company might have serious financial problems.
So when, in June, a customer alerted me to problems at Bullion Direct, saying that he had waited several months without receiving metal he had purchased. I looked into it.

I sent an email to the company?s owner, and let him know my concerns. He quickly responded, and I gave him some information about how the Tulving fiasco unfolded and some general advice. The next day, Bullion Direct suspended operations.

Last week, Bullion Direct filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, stating they have as many as 6,000 total claimants and total debt ?perhaps as great as $25 million.?

Lucy

Registered
Forum Member
Sep 26, 2013
N. GA
I been buying from JM Bullion for a couple of years. Never had any problems. Although my last order of silver eagles around Sept. 1 didn't ship until the 10th because of back order. Demand is really high. And the supply is going down, rigged paper market but I still bought a couple of Dec. silver futures at 14.10. Thinking the supply/demand will win over the manipulation someday. Plan is to sell around $18.10 take profits and HOPE I can still get physical.

Jaxx

Go Pokes!
Forum Member
Jan 5, 2003
FL
I been buying from JM Bullion for a couple of years. Never had any problems. Although my last order of silver eagles around Sept. 1 didn't ship until the 10th because of back order. Demand is really high. And the supply is going down, rigged paper market but I still bought a couple of Dec. silver futures at 14.10. Thinking the supply/demand will win over the manipulation someday. Plan is to sell around $18.10 take profits and HOPE I can still get physical.

I put an order in with these guys last monday to quell a silver fix. Good site.

:0008

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Dead Money

Forum Member
Sep 15, 2005
Silver Eagles

Silver Eagles

currently spot + 5.00 in my area, spot is $14.89
NO 90% available at all... old Morgan Dollars pre 1921 are 28-30 dollars in decent condition, (vgood-vfine) they contain abt eigtht tenths of an ounce pure silver (.7734) valued at about $12.00 melt.

even though silver spot price is down on paper manipulation,
there is hardly any available at a reasonable price.
Think people are buying and holding and see thru the blatant price fixing and the eventual dollar depreciation.

Lucy

Registered
Forum Member
Sep 26, 2013
N. GA
I just bought some more silver eagles today @ 20.50 each. Also got a few random coins from other countries. Today I got a few mexican and chinese coins. My december silver futures contracts up to 15.15, which is a joke price for silver. This price puts it at 75:1 to gold:mj07::mj07::mj07: Gold up over $20 today and silver only .15 :shrug:

Dead Money

Forum Member
Sep 15, 2005
I just bought some more silver eagles today @ 20.50 each. Also got a few random coins from other countries. Today I got a few mexican and chinese coins. My december silver futures contracts up to 15.15, which is a joke price for silver. This price puts it at 75:1 to gold:mj07::mj07::mj07: Gold up over $20 today and silver only .15 :shrug:

Silver IS cheap....

Here is an interesting site showing volume a million bux worth takes up....and it was based on $30. silver....now you can double up!
http://demonocracy.info/infographics/world/silver/silver.html

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Lucy

Registered
Forum Member
Sep 26, 2013
N. GA
Got some more tubes of silver eagles today and threw in some canadian maples too. Dec. futures up to 15.20, just wish the comex would not be able to make a delivery and shoot the price up to 20+. But won't be surprised if the cartel sell a bunch of naked shorts Sunday night and drop up back down below $15. I would recommend buying some silver eagles now before price and premiums go up.

Lucy

Registered
Forum Member
Sep 26, 2013
N. GA
Dec. silver futures up to 16.15, moved my stop limit to 15.15 so going to make $1 per contract (silver trades 5,000 ounce per contract). Still targeting 18.10 by mid Dec. when the fed keeps putting off raising the interest rates. No way they will ever raise the rates, actually I think we will see another round of QE, which would really help the silver/gold cause.

Dead Money

Forum Member
Sep 15, 2005
April 21st at noon, mint offering....

April 21st at noon, mint offering....

Gold $1230.ish silver $16ish..

I have not personally buying much....not much in the way of extra spending money lately.

HOWEVER....

this mint offering looks TOO good to pass.

http://catalog.usmint.gov/mercury-dime-2016-centennial-gold-coin-16XB.html?cgid=product-schedule

2016 is the hundreth anniversary of 3 coin designs made in 1916.

The "Mercury" or Liberty head dime, the "Standing liberty" quarter, and the "Walking Liberty" half dollar..

The dime and half were produced from 1916 to mid-late 1940's.

The quarter till 1930....a very short run of a beautiful design.

The obverse of the walking liberty half, became the design for the obverse of the current bullion "Silver Eagle Dollar" produced since 1986.

These silver dimes, quarters, halves, are VERY highly sought after by collectors.

I believe the gold 100th anniversary versions with the dime being limited to 125,000 produced, will be a winner, as serious collectors will want all three. They are being produced in pure gold, using actual size and design.

The quarter and half will come out shortly afterwards.

The mint will probably issue these in both Proof and Uncirculated versions. I figure the cost will be about 219-249.
Historically, people order the proof issue...the Uncirculated issue generally has less minted, due to lesser popularity.

Since the issue is limited to 10 coins per household, maybe get some of each.

Best to pre-register your customer info, sometimes these mint issues sell-out quickly with very limited mintages, I believe this will be the case...ordering starts noon April 21 EST.

On further price review, a comparable would be the Proof Tenth Eagle.....180-190

official $205....looks like only being offered in "Specimen" grade....I am only getting 1 or 2...really a pretty bland color in Specimen, kind of dull Matt finish.

No Proof grade....

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Dead Money

Forum Member
Sep 15, 2005
Conspiracy theorists are right once in awhile

Conspiracy theorists are right once in awhile

TORONTO, April 15, 2015 /CNW/ - A class action lawsuit seeking $1 billion in damages on behalf of Canadian investors was launched today in the Ontario Superior Court of Justice.
The class action alleges that the defendants, including The Bank of Nova Scotia, conspired to manipulate prices in the silver market under the guise of the benchmark fixing process, known as the London Silver Fixing, for a fifteen-year period.

rest here, http://www.newswire.ca/news-release...n-behalf-of-canadian-investors-575890221.html