Royals and Tigers Futures (info for me and Poon)

Mr. Poon

Sugar?
Forum Member
Jan 14, 2006
Colorado
the sweep was nice until KC followed it up by losing 2 of 3 to the lowly Twins. They are 5-10 against Minny this season, pathetic.

Mr. Poon

Sugar?
Forum Member
Jan 14, 2006
Colorado
I wish the Royals had more than 3 games remaining vs. the White Sox. I would be guaranteed to win this bet given how much KC owns them this year, and the Tigers would win the Central for you.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Mr. Poon

Sugar?
Forum Member
Jan 14, 2006
Colorado
I don't want to jinx it.

Being an election year, I wanted to ask for a concession a week or so ago, but all the remaining games between the two prefvented me.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

SixFive

bonswa
Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
BG, KY, USA
Interesting thread...

Gary, did u play the Tigers to win the pennant?

If the Tigers win the pennant and one game in the WS, then Gary wins the hat bet against Poon. Is that correct, or was it just regular season?

Mr. Poon

Sugar?
Forum Member
Jan 14, 2006
Colorado
Interesting thread...

If the Tigers win the pennant and one game in the WS, then Gary wins the hat bet against Poon. Is that correct, or was it just regular season?

Just regular season. Again, I was lucky.

Would you believe he hasn't sent me my hat though? :shrug:

He did send me the $ though, so it's all good. :0074

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

WhatsHisNuts

Woke
Forum Member
Aug 29, 2006
Earth
www.ffrf.org
Interesting thread...

GET OUT OF MY THREADS!

No, I didn't play anything other than the regular season.

World Series time!!!!!

This is my favorite team in all of sports. I hope they play well in the WS. :toast:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Mr. Poon

Sugar?
Forum Member
Jan 14, 2006
Colorado
Year of the Royal? :0corn

no - they will be more competitive than last year with the pitching they got, but they are too far away from being a team that can seriously contend for the division, even if the division is the weakest in baseball.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

WhatsHisNuts

Woke
Forum Member
Aug 29, 2006
Earth
www.ffrf.org
no - they will be more competitive than last year with the pitching they got, but they are too far away from being a team that can seriously contend for the division, even if the division is the weakest in baseball.

All I know is every time I hear a personnel move by the Royals, it sounds like an upgrade. I don't know how big of a push they are willing to make, but they sound like they are going to be more competitive than ever.

Mr. Poon

Sugar?
Forum Member
Jan 14, 2006
Colorado
They definitely improved on paper, but to win the division they need a combination of no injuries (they don't have much depth for pitchers or position players) as well as major missteps from either the White Sox or Tigers. If those things happen then I could see them be in serious contention down the stretch with the other of those two teams and who knows then.

Still that's a lot of 'hope' built in there and hope only goes so far in a regular season of 162 games.