SAD STORY

pnanda

Forum Member
Mar 30, 2000
usa
Earnhardt dies of injuries at Daytona 500

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Reuters) - Nascar motor racing legend Dale Earnhardt died of injuries resulting from a last-lap accident at Sunday's Daytona 500.

Earnhardt, a seven-time Nascar Winston Cup champion, was 49

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

beertime

Forum Member
Aug 22, 2000
denver
i just saw that too. thats harsh bigtime. the crash looked pretty tame compared to some
and on the final lap to boot.

hope those unconfirmed reports are wrong.

number 3 IS nascar.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

dogface

Registered STUD
Forum Member
Feb 13, 2000
Minnesota
May we always remember that there are definitely bigger callings in this world.

May the Intimidator rest in peace, and the Lord look over his family!

yyz

Under .500
Forum Member
Mar 16, 2000
On the course!
I think the anouncers knew it was bad. One of them even said that it is always bad when they hit the wall head on.

Those cars are made to withstand rolls and such, but you cant withstand hitting a wall head on at 180mph.

Sad, indeed.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

MSUDOG

Forum Member
Feb 4, 2001
Springdale, AR
DR.Jerry Punch put it best a few minutes when he said that Dale has always been accused of being selfish and today he showed an unselfish act by blocking the way for Junior and Michael.

All Nascar fans, love him or hate him, will miss him greatly

Gatorbait

eat box
Forum Member
Sep 24, 2000
in the muff
my favorite driver is Ken Schrader who Dale Sr. took into the wall. And to think I called him every name in the book when the wreck happened. I feel like chit. We just lost the best of all time right in front of our eyes. What was happening in that race the 15 laps before the wreck was so uncalled for. Will touch on that later, but am mourning the loss of the Intimidater. this one is tuff. My prayers go out to the Earnhardt family. Jr. has some big shoes to fill.

djv

Forum Member
Nov 4, 2000
Im just sad. Watch this man for many years. Shook his hand at Bristol. They can say what they want. But he was a winner. He helped the sport grow last 20 years. I can still remember Dale running the Blue and Yellow MC #2 before he went to #3. He helped many more in raceing then I believe was ever reported. This will sit heavy on Nascar for a few weeks. He And the King Richard were special.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

The Big Tease

DUKE SUCKS
Forum Member
Mar 9, 2000
Columbus,OH USA
If anything could take the edge off a profitable day like this, well this is it. I cannot let this sit with me, and I am completely sad and hurt. I feel like I lost someone, and I have never met the guy. That is what happens when you lose and icon like Dale.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
T

The Sports Predictor.com

Simply put...

THE most significant during-the-course-of-action event in sporting history.

Senor Capper

is feeling it
Channel Member
Nov 14, 2000
Vegas
www.SenorCapper.com
Death......
No one is ever prepared for it but it is a fact that needs to be addressed to family members if a person is participate in this sport or any other dangerous profession.
From a Nascar Driver to a Police Officer
Danger and the chance of death comes with the job.

Prayers go out to the Earnhart family from ours. ~~God Bless Dale~~

I'm a firm believer that you should talk to your family about sudden death, as you would when you discuss drugs or sex to your kids.
We all know that the chance that you may die tomorrow definitely exists....

~~~Lanny

kgar2121

Forum Member
Jan 25, 2001
north carolina
Just wanted to say that I too had never met the man. But I am absolutely sick over what happened. Legends aren't supposed to die...especially not doing what made them a legend and for sure not in front of our eyes...my love, prayers, and sympathy go out to the family. One last thought...it seems that he was taken from us and the world a bit too soon, but everyone is here for a reason, to do something very special, and once we have accomplished it, our time here is over and we must go. Seeing how much he touched all of our lives, I would say he accomplished his mission... We will miss you...

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

selkirk

Forum Member
Jul 16, 1999
Canada
not much of a nascar fan, but have friends who consider it a religion. anyways they are in shock. a sad day. RIP

selkirk

raiphins

Forum Member
Dec 1, 1999
ohio
Just want to say , Thanks for ther memories #3. You were truly the greatest. Like all Nascar fans,I will miss him. It will never be the same. My prayers go out to the Earnhardt family.