Onion powder
Garlic powder
Ground chipotle Chile powder
Stubbs chicken rub
Ground cumin
Black pepper(fresh ground preferred)
Sea salt (fresh ground preferred)
Grated mozzarella or pepper jack
Bbq sauce of your choice.... I think the thicker the sauce the better as it holds on to the chicken a lot better than a thinner sauce would. I use kinders.

Preheat oven to 400

Remove skin and excess fat leaving minimal fat.
Score Chicken and flip backside up laying each piece down on a cookie sheet with aluminum foil...

Now I take my seasonings and sprinkle over the top....

Heavy on the onion powder
Medium garlic powder
Light chipotle seasoning
Lights Stubbs rub
Light black pepper

Flip chicken over on to its front side...

Teeny sprinkle of cumin
Heavy onion powder
Light garlic powder
Light chipotle seasoning
Medium stubs rub
Light black pepper
Teeny sprinkle of sea salt

Pour bbq sauce lightly over the chicken for a very thin coat. Now I use a fork to dab it in...when using your fingers most of the seasoning will be on your fingers with a bunch of sauce... we don?t want that.... delicate and fragile....
Put chicken thighs in a zip lock bag and layer top to bottom.... leave in the fridge for at least 20 minutes..
Lay chicken flat on cookie sheet with aluminum foil...
pour drops of bbq sauce on chicken... like as if it?s raining on the chicken..
another light dusting of onion powder...
put chicken in the oven (total cook time 30-35mins)
Grate cheese, enough for a mound of cheese on each piece of chicken and enough to cover the whole cookie sheet
At the 30 minute mark I like to take my chicken out and put a mound of cheese on each piece of chicken and around the chicken... yes right into that sizzling chicken fat...pop it back in and take out 3-5 minutes later...
the best part about this is the crispy cheese blankets you scrape off that just got done soaking up all of the sizzling chicken fat.
Your welcome

Last edited: