The Reputation Symbol (beneath a member's # of posts)

Keith 1

Forum Member
Jan 7, 2005
Long Island, NY
just curious as to who is making these determinations ? And whoever made that determination for me, why did I recently go from a green symbol ("on a distinguished path") to a red symbol ("has a little shameless behaviour in the past") ?

Actually, depending on the behaviour being referred to, I might be honored.

Last edited:

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006
im just wondering if this is like working at a factory and when you hit a certain number of red you have to leave.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

bsucards

BSU Cards
Forum Member
Sep 1, 2003
New Palestine Indiana
Also if you search the forum there has been several posts in the last month alone about the reputation system.

You can also go to your USER CP and see the comments left and sometimes they might put their name beside the comments, otherwise it is optional

I found some info for those curious:

The tooltip text changes for certain levels of points. The list of these points and the accompanying tooltip text is below:
<-50 = [User] is infamous around these parts
-050 = [User] can only hope to improve
-010 = [User] has a little shameless behaviour in the past
0000 = [User] is an unknown quantity at this point
0010 = [User] is on a distinguished road
0050 = [User] will become famous soon enough
0100 = [User] has a spectacular aura about
0200 = [User] is a jewel in the rough
0400 = [User] is a glorious beacon of light
0700 = [User] is a splendid one to behold
1000 = [User] is a name known to all
1500 = [User] has much to be proud of
2000 = [User] has a brilliant future
3000 = [User] has a reputation beyond repute

Why do some member's reps count for more points than others?

The amount of points that you give or take from a member's reputation count is determined by your reputation "power". By default the power is 1, however, you receive one extra point of reputation power

* per 1,000 positive reputation points received,
* per 4,000 counted posts, and
* per complete year that you have been a member of the Forums.

I tried to rate someone and it said "You must spread some reputation around before giving it to xxxx again".

There is what is known as a reputation "spread" in effect. This is a minimum number of members you must give reputation to before you may rate the same member again. At the time of writing this number is 6.

You will also receive an error if you try to rate more than 6 members within a 24 hour period

Keith 1

Forum Member
Jan 7, 2005
Long Island, NY
and since I posted this thread last night, I went from the "shameless behaviour" to "infamous around these parts."

I am truly honored. Keep 'em coming fellas.

Last edited:
Reactions: hedman
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Keith 1

Forum Member
Jan 7, 2005
Long Island, NY
and since I posted this thread last night, I went from the "shameless behaviour" to "infamous around these parts."

and now I just went into the reputation comments that I received since starting this thread. Naturally those geniuses who had to utilize the entire extent of their education to come up with the witty comments that they left, did not bother to leave their User Names. Apparently some people only have balls when they remain anonymous.

Reactions: SixFive

SixFive

bonswa
Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
BG, KY, USA
and now I just went into the reputation comments that I received since starting this thread. Naturally those geniuses who had to utilize the entire extent of their education to come up with the witty comments that they left, did not bother to leave their User Names. Apparently some people only have balls when they remain anonymous.

lmfao! Man, I just left you a positive, because your responses on this thread are truly funny and witty. Thanks.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Mjolnir

Forum Member
May 15, 2003
S. CAL.
just left another good one for ya. i wouldnt stress over it, i'm betting there are a few that look for people to get upset then they add more negative. some people are stinkers.

Keith 1

Forum Member
Jan 7, 2005
Long Island, NY
just left another good one for ya. i wouldnt stress over it, i'm betting there are a few that look for people to get upset then they add more negative. some people are stinkers.

thanks man. That was always the one thing that I thought detracted from this otherwise fine site. As compared to some of the similar sites out there (you guys know what I'm talking about), there are more members here who tend to get off on ripping other members (ridiculing posts and selections) rather than being supportive.

For example, there are a few posters here (Soul Train, Tiger) just to name a few, that I think are good at what they do, and who have made me $$$ following them. If I post a supportive comment in their thread, many times I will get a response from others saying "brown-nose" or other similar comments.

I reiterate that THAT is the ONLY negative about this otherwise great site.