Thunder vs Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrett

Forum Member
Jan 9, 2003
NJ
Not sure what Toronto has to do with it?

Going to love seeing this forum when the public darlings fall.

Still waiting for someone to step up and make a bet with me. Had so many people chirping when the series was 2-2 with Toronto and I said "Cavs in 6," but yet nobody wanted to step up. Nor did they have much to say after LOL

Wow. You called the Cavs in 6 when they were 11 point favs at home & then 6.5 point favs at Toronto vs their big 3 of Lowry- DeRozan- Biyambo. :142smilie. U R awesome there pal.

Too bad okc & the cavs season ended on the same nite last nite.

Reactions: stokkebye

LA Burns

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 11, 2003
New Orleans
Not sure what Toronto has to do with it?

Going to love seeing this forum when the public darlings fall.

Still waiting for someone to step up and make a bet with me. Had so many people chirping when the series was 2-2 with Toronto and I said "Cavs in 6," but yet nobody wanted to step up. Nor did they have much to say after LOL

was fully ready to make a large wager on OKC vs Cavs but Thunder were unable to hold up their end of the bargain unfortunately - not as confident that GS will beat Cavs as I was in OKC doing the deed but seems like there are many here who seem super-confident that the Cavs have no chance, most notably T - maybe he will give you some action

ClevelandSteamers

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 15, 2015
Wow. You called the Cavs in 6 when they were 11 point favs at home & then 6.5 point favs at Toronto vs their big 3 of Lowry- DeRozan- Biyambo. :142smilie. U R awesome there pal.

Too bad okc & the cavs season ended on the same nite last nite.

No, I made the call after Cleveland lost games 3/4. I didn't wait to see any point spreads. I had a lot of people laughing and asking for odds. But none of them put $ up. They just wolfed, like expected. I'm not afraid to make a statement and put $ on it. There are A LOT of people on here and "experts" who thought Toronto was taking the series 7.

You willing to be one of those who step up, or you just gonna wolf also?

This is simple for me. Cleveland either wins in 6, or loses in 5/7....so I don't know why people are in shock and awe that me predicting Cleveland in 6 is crazy lol I guess the only thing that would be more shocking is if Cleveland were to win in less than 6, or the Warriors to win in less than 6.

What's humorous to me is people thinking Cleveland has no chance. Seriously, look at the pathetic roster they had last year in the finals. That series goes 7 games if LeBron hits just 1 of 2 game winner chances before regulation in game 1, or they don't melt in overtime. The Warriors won't be able to pack the paint this year. The threat of outside shooting will open the paint and give Irving and LeBron driving opportunities. I'm not dumb, I fully understand the defensive mismatches Cleveland is facing. But at the same time, the Warriors don't have anyone to stop LeBron. LeBron also doesn't play hero ball. He knows how to involve his team.

This series is going to simply boil down to... Can Cleveland make shots? We know GS can, and will.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

margwellus

Forum Member
Apr 2, 2005
No, I made the call after Cleveland lost games 3/4. I didn't wait to see any point spreads. I had a lot of people laughing and asking for odds. But none of them put $ up. They just wolfed, like expected. I'm not afraid to make a statement and put $ on it. There are A LOT of people on here and "experts" who thought Toronto was taking the series 7.

You willing to be one of those who step up, or you just gonna wolf also?

This is simple for me. Cleveland either wins in 6, or loses in 5/7....so I don't know why people are in shock and awe that me predicting Cleveland in 6 is crazy lol I guess the only thing that would be more shocking is if Cleveland were to win in less than 6, or the Warriors to win in less than 6.

What's humorous to me is people thinking Cleveland has no chance. Seriously, look at the pathetic roster they had last year in the finals. That series goes 7 games if LeBron hits just 1 of 2 game winner chances before regulation in game 1, or they don't melt in overtime. The Warriors won't be able to pack the paint this year. The threat of outside shooting will open the paint and give Irving and LeBron driving opportunities. I'm not dumb, I fully understand the defensive mismatches Cleveland is facing. But at the same time, the Warriors don't have anyone to stop LeBron. LeBron also doesn't play hero ball. He knows how to involve his team.

This series is going to simply boil down to... Can Cleveland make shots? We know GS can, and will.

Hi there Mr. Turndown....remember me? been reviewing some of the gibberish, er um expert analysis on here -- and there's been a lot, though I think my fave might be Jord's "is he even better than Nash" comment about Steph? Ya think the back-to-back MVP answered that question yet? :mj07: You've been spouting off about some kind of a bet. Well, I'm in. I'll even make you two wagers. One on the series (and I'll lay 2-1 odds) as well as bet you the Dubs win in no more than 6, with 6 being a push.......So, if Cleveland loses in 7 games we push. If the Dubs win in 5 games I win 2 units. If the Dubs win in 6 games I win one unit. If Cleveland wins you win 3 units? Name your unit price amigo....The only problem I see is how are we gonna get some trusted 3rd party to hold the money to make sure you don't disappear when Cleveland does? Talk about putting your $$ where your mouth is....It's about that time. Wanna dance?

ClevelandSteamers

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 15, 2015
Is the guy who has been MIA since Game 4 really trying to call someone else out on vanishing? HAHA :142smilie:142smilie Come on man, don't try and flip the script. I have someone trusted to secure my end, but do you? Why would I waste my efforts on someone I know will and often does vanish.

margwellus

Forum Member
Apr 2, 2005
Is the guy who has been MIA since Game 4 really trying to call someone else out on vanishing? HAHA :142smilie:142smilie Come on man, don't try and flip the script. I have someone trusted to secure my end, but do you? Why would I waste my efforts on someone I know will and often does vanish.

i haven't been on here posting because I had no plays to post...I was maxed out on the series play against the Thunder (-430) and was quite frankly as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs there for a little bit...got very fortunate Russell Westbrook decided to show up as I was waiting for all series....glad he waited til game 6, a close out game, at home, with a chance to put the Dubs away and go from CHUMP to CHAMP, only to cough up 5 crucial turnovers in the last 5 minutes of game 6, swinging the mojo back to the Dubs. Thanks Russ for making the series fun and for finally allowing the critics who asked the question "have the Warriors beaten ANYBODY"? to kindly shut their pie-holes...and for providing us with one of the most exciting series in NBA basketball in quite some time....as for the wager TDFW, yeah, I figured you'd be afraid....maybe you're smarter than I think you are, as it is a total suckers bet....took you for a sucker....Totally fine, I wouldn't want to take your paycheck from WalMart anyway....I'm sure you've got canned Miller Lite and frozen DiGiorno to buy....

enjoy the finals....you may have "the best player in the world" as you often like to say, but there ain't no "I" in T.E.A.M. I actually think we'll have an easier time this year with the Cavs because LeBron won't feel the pressure to take it all on himself, which serves his team better against the Warriors instead of relying on the wildly inconsistent J.R. Smith and the new-to-this-playoff-thing Kevin Love (a total of 18 postseason games under his belt). Kyrie ain't Westbrook either...And after having to defend Russ and the length and athleticism of the Thunder, playing the Cavs should suit the Dubs perfectly...and in case you didn't notice Iggy did a pretty good job defending down the stretch and should do just fine against the King...I'd be a tad more concerned with who's gonna defend us? If and when we go small it's gonna seem like there are six guys on the floor. Can't wait to see how Tyrone Lue handles all that :mj07:

Dubs win..AGAIN...in less than 6.

DUBS -210 in the series

MAX PLAY.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ClevelandSteamers

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 15, 2015
Walmart LOL - Wouldn't expect you to be respectful and have any class. You fit right in with the rest of the Bay Area. I'm doing quite fine, thanks for caring though.

I think the Cavs win in 6 or less

You think the Warriors win in 5 or less

Seems like a simple bet to me?

As far as being afraid...the only thing I'm afraid of is not getting paid by you. Find someone on here who trusts you and secure the $. Otherwise all you're doing is wolfing. I got a well known and trusted member. Who do you have? T? Lol

The greatest of all time said "There isn't an I in TEAM, but there is in WIN."

I am confused though. Is Westbrook terrible or great? I mean, one time you boost him and the Thunder up to make the Warriors win look better. But in another sequence you belittle him. Warriors fans sure love to play both sides of the fence.

One thing I sure love about Warriors fans are, they love to play the "We don't get respect," card. But they/you literally respect nobody lol But that's likely because they've all been hiding for 30 years and just now saw the light of day. All sudden die hards.

T

Registered
Forum Member
Sep 1, 2012
Walmart LOL - Wouldn't expect you to be respectful and have any class. You fit right in with the rest of the Bay Area. I'm doing quite fine, thanks for caring though.

I think the Cavs win in 6 or less

You think the Warriors win in 5 or less

Seems like a simple bet to me?

As far as being afraid...the only thing I'm afraid of is not getting paid by you. Find someone on here who trusts you and secure the $. Otherwise all you're doing is wolfing. I got a well known and trusted member. Who do you have? T? Lol

The greatest of all time said "There isn't an I in TEAM, but there is in WIN."

I am confused though. Is Westbrook terrible or great? I mean, one time you boost him and the Thunder up to make the Warriors win look better. But in another sequence you belittle him. Warriors fans sure love to play both sides of the fence.

One thing I sure love about Warriors fans are, they love to play the "We don't get respect," card. But they/you literally respect nobody lol But that's likely because they've all been hiding for 30 years and just now saw the light of day. All sudden die hards.

FU douchebag. Just come on back when the CAVS lose so I can laugh at you. That bet is good enough for me.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
Status
Not open for further replies.