UFC on ESPN 54, March 30th, Atlantic City, New Jersey

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
Top Poster Of Month
May 26, 2002
Canada
Should of been a NO CONTEST

Under the New Jersey rules what should have happened is that the fight continued with Weidman losing a point. But once it went to video review you can't restart the fight. And since it was past 9 minutes and 59 seconds the rules state it goes to the judges, thus can not be awarded a "No Contest". Now if this exact same thing happened in Round 2 or Round 1, then YES it would have been scored a "No Contest".

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

SixFive

bonswa
Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
BG, KY, USA
It was not "home cookin", not even close........Weidman won the first two rounds, he was up 20-18, even if he lost the final round 10-8 (with point deduction) he still would not have lost.

He won the fight by decision, and that was the right call. If you think Silva won a round I don't know what to tell yeah.

The final result was Chris Weidman def. Bruno Silva via Technical Decision

and not sure how anybody can disagree with that?

IT WOULD HAVE BEEN "HOME COOKIN", if he won by KO/TKO, that would have been bullshit.
Dummy, the problem was the ref stopped the fight (like it was a tko) instead of stopping so Silva could recover from a double eye poke. That’s what I mean and the other poster means. Terrible job by the ref. Terrible.

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
Top Poster Of Month
May 26, 2002
Canada
Dummy, the problem was the ref stopped the fight (like it was a tko) instead of stopping so Silva could recover from a double eye poke. That’s what I mean and the other poster means. Terrible job by the ref. Terrible.

I actually give him a tiny bit of a break, there were so many eye pokes he had enough and said "fuck this shit":LOL:

But as stated, even if fight continued with Weidman losing a point, Weidman STILL would not have lost that fight if it went to a decision. So again. not even close to "being rigged" or "home cookin".

Fucking hell
Baby Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

SixFive

bonswa
Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
BG, KY, USA
You’re wrong here kickserv. Very wrong.

Halt the fight for a double eye poke (instead of stopping it like a tko), dock Weidman a point, let the fight finish. If Silva won the last round, it would be 28-28 unanimous draw. If Weidman won the last round had it been allowed to finish, he would have won by UD. The eye pokes were obvious. Very clear. Terrible ref.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

SixFive

bonswa
Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
BG, KY, USA
Nice win fellas, hope some are tailing.

Erin aint standing around waiting for headkicks with this kickboxer.
Shes a closer.

Take it to the mat sooner rather than later.

All business. Lets get this bread.
Good luck. I’m afraid this French broad is too long for Erin.

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
Top Poster Of Month
May 26, 2002
Canada
Weird night of fights so far.

- Went from 14 fights to 13 fights when some chick passed out.

- 8 billion eye pokes

- Two or Three fights that might get overturned next week

- controversial shit all over the place :oops:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Akenzay

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 7, 2015
Sixfive, there you go good argument. I just felt like the ref was on weidmans side. Even after the first eye poke he didn't say you have time, he just huried him back into the fight.
then it happened again he said they both did it, the ref was clearly biased based on how he handled it, and he called it very quickly, didn't even stop to have it reviewed, they just wanted weidman clearly

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
Top Poster Of Month
May 26, 2002
Canada
You’re wrong here kickserv. Very wrong.

Halt the fight for a double eye poke (instead of stopping it like a tko), dock Weidman a point, let the fight finish. If Silva won the last round, it would be 28-28 unanimous draw. If Weidman won the last round had it been allowed to finish, he would have won by UD. The eye pokes were obvious. Very clear. Terrible ref.

Wrong again, you are oh so so so so so wrong, I expect better from you....bad sixfive, very bad(n)

.....I literally just said if the fight went to decision Weidman could not lose and you backed up my point. I said 4 different times now that unless Weidman got finished in last 88 seconds he would not have lost.

And you keep saying "home cookin", which is completely wrong, oh so so so so wrong.

No matter what outcome you come up with Weidman was not going to lose (unless he got finished in 88 seconds) and yet you keep saying "home cookin", which is oh so wrong.

Sixfive = not right

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
Top Poster Of Month
May 26, 2002
Canada
they just wanted weidman clearly

Who is "they"?

And again.....how many times do I have to say it.......UNLESS WEIDMAN GOT FINISHED IN LAST 88 SECONDS he was not going to lose the fight. But you and sixfive think it was rigged in his favor, it wasn't. He was winning the fight for fucks sake. And oh yeah, he was winning the third round as well by the way.

Fucking hell🤦‍♂️

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

SixFive

bonswa
Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
BG, KY, USA
Wrong again, you are oh so so so so so wrong, I expect better from you....bad sixfive, very bad(n)

.....I literally just said if the fight went to decision Weidman could not lose and you backed up my point. I said 4 different times now that unless Weidman got finished in last 88 seconds he would not have lost.

And you keep saying "home cookin", which is completely wrong, oh so so so so wrong.

No matter what outcome you come up with Weidman was not going to lose (unless he got finished in 88 seconds) and yet you keep saying "home cookin", which is oh so wrong.

Sixfive = not right
Did I say he was going to lose? The screw job/home cookin was the fight being stopped instead of halted for eye poke. That’s it.