VOLATILITY

Jord20

Sharp
Forum Member
Jun 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
BUY VOL!! This is just absurd now.

VIX, VXX, UVXY... whatever... do something. Volatility is wayyy too low for how stocks are acting

stockjockey

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 29, 2011
Milwaukee, WI
I agree Jord, but this is what a sideways, low conviction market looks like. You've seen me on here try to short the major indexes twice only to be one upped by the FED's verbal actions. I prefer to make less chess moves until this range-bound market is broken. The bond market is signaling trouble ahead. My guess is August/fall?:confused:

The other factor here is the ECB and when will they come to the rescue with their version of QE. Tough to short or buy VIX when you have the Fed's liquidity and the threat of more ECB liquidity.

Reactions: Skulnik

Jord20

Sharp
Forum Member
Jun 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
I agree Jord, but this is what a sideways, low conviction market looks like. You've seen me on here try to short the major indexes twice only to be one upped by the FED's verbal actions. I prefer to make less chess moves until this range-bound market is broken. The bond market is signaling trouble ahead. My guess is August/fall?:confused:

The other factor here is the ECB and when will they come to the rescue with their version of QE. Tough to short or buy VIX when you have the Fed's liquidity and the threat of more ECB liquidity.

Believe me, I hear you. If I knew how to time this sucker perfectly, I'd be a lot richer than I am :lol:

Risk/reward on Vol here is insane in my opinion. If you have to eat a little crow in the meantime, so be it. Time is running out though before a major correction, or worse. Fake prosperity never lasts.

Cheers, bud.

Reactions: Skulnik
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg