Week 1 Draft Kings Look Ahead each position

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
Where it is real F ing COLD
Week 1 DraftKings NFL Sneak Peak
I know it’s early to think about DFS but DraftKings has released their player pricing for week 1 and I am super excited to take an early look. Remember this is just a first look, a lot can change from now until the start of the regular season.
Quarterbacks
Justin Herbert, LAC vs. LV ($7,600)
At first glance, I like Herbert the most of all the spend-up quarterbacks. He has his weapons coming back and the offense should not miss a beat. If you look at the other top quarterbacks, they have new faces coming in and could take a little time to gel. Another reason I like Herbert is that he is playing the Raiders in a game that is projected to be a shoot-out with a game total of 52. The last time these two teams met they combined for 67 total points. I have to believe he throws for 300 yards plus and 3 touchdowns minimum.
Jalen Hurts, PHI vs. DET ($6,800)
It’s hard to imagine Hurts not eclipsing 20 fantasy points. He has the ability to rush for at least 50 yards and throw for 225 yards minimum and account for 2 touchdowns. Detroit also has an improved offense which could lead to Philadelphia pushing for offense unlike last season when Philadelphia absolutely pummeled the Lions.
Daniel Jones, NYG vs. TEN ($5,000)
If the Giants come into this game healthy, then I am playing Jones heavily. We have rarely seen this guy have time to throw and have his full compliment of receivers. Kenny Golladay, Darius Slayton, and Kadarius Toney can absolutely shred a weak Titan’s secondary. The Titans will bring the heat with their front but the Giants should be improved in pass protection. They also can use the Titan’s heavy rush against them by dumping to Toney and to RB Saquan Barkley who can both score from anywhere on the field.
Running Backs
Christian McCaffrey, CAR vs. CLE ($8,500)
When McCaffrey is healthy, he is the best DFS back. His pass-catching ability and the yards he racks up separate him from the rest. His ability to break the slate is unmatched. A healthy McCaffrey commands 10K in DraftKings so we take advantage of the discount in week 1.
Najee Harris, PIT vs. CIN ($6,400)
Harris can do it all and I expect him to score more fantasy points this season. With Big Ben gone and most likely Mitch Trubisky in, I expect more dump-offs to Harris and he should catch at least 5 passes every week. I expect the Steelers to be trailing in this game and I think Harris has a chance for 6-10 grabs and at least 50 yards on the ground with a touchdown. We are talking 20 plus points.
Travis Etienne Jr., JAX vs. WAS ($5,600)
Etienne is a high-risk, high-reward play in week 1 because we haven’t seen him play a single regular season snap due to him missing the season last year. Also, we may not see much from him this preseason either. But it’s a risk I am willing to take. We know he is a good pass catcher and can make explosive plays and he doesn’t have anyone pushing him. He should get all the volume and at $5,600 should easily make value. If healthy, he is going to be a 7K player.
Wide Receivers
WE Deebo Samuel, SF vs. CHI ($7,400)
Simply put, the Bears are going to stink, I think they will be bad on both sides of the ball and I have the Niners routing them. Also, I think that the coaching staff is going to want to get the Trey Lance – Deebo connection going early and often. Don’t forget about the rushing ability as well.
WR Marquis Brown, ARI vs. KC ($6,200)
Arizona didn’t trade a number 1 pick for Brown and give Kyler Murray a huge extension not to throw the football. This game has a chance to be a shootout against the Chiefs and Hollywood should be much better in this offense than he was in Baltimore. I think they feed him and he has 8 plus catches.
WR Hunter Renfrow, LV vs. LAC ($5,800)
Renfrow was awesome last season and will be overlooked due to WR Davante Adams wearing Raider’s black but I like Renfrow or TE Darrin Waller to shine in this game. The Chargers won’t be able to cover everyone and I expect the coverage to be all about Adams. As mentioned, Vegas expects a high-scoring game here. Renfrow gets it done.
WR Kadarius Toney, NYG vs. TEN ($4,100)
Toney may be the best bargain on the board. $4,100 is a ridiculously low price for a guy who was targeted heavily when in there. As mentioned, the Titans will bring the heat but the Giants like to throw 2- 3 yard passed to him and let him get those RAC yards. He has an ability to make people miss and he can score from anywhere on the field.
TIGHT ENDS
Travis Kelce, KC vs. ARI ($6,600)
I think week 1 is a pay-up spot for tight end, especially if you use QB Daniel Jones. My number one choice is Kelce. With the Chiefs transitioning at wide receiver, I expect Kelce to get a ton of targets and catch a bunch of balls. I have to think he scores as well and closes in on 20 fantasy points.
Darrin Waller, LV vs. LAC ($5,400)
You can play a Raider’s stack or I am going to play Waller in many lineups that I don’t play WR Hunter Renfrow. I think someone other than Adams comes up big in this one. Waller when healthy is a premiere tight end and take advantage of another discount week 1 price.
Irv Smith Jr. (DK: $3,400)
The Packers have struggled against the tight end for many years now and I can see Smith having a good game here. The Pack will have their hands full with the Viking’s deep wide receiver corps leaving Smith some big chunks.

Week 1 DraftKings NFL Sneak Peak
I know it’s early to think about DFS but DraftKings has released their player pricing for week 1 and I am super excited to take an early look. Remember this is just a first look, a lot can change from now until the start of the regular season.
Quarterbacks
Justin Herbert, LAC vs. LV ($7,600)
At first glance, I like Herbert the most of all the spend-up quarterbacks. He has his weapons coming back and the offense should not miss a beat. If you look at the other top quarterbacks, they have new faces coming in and could take a little time to gel. Another reason I like Herbert is that he is playing the Raiders in a game that is projected to be a shoot-out with a game total of 52. The last time these two teams met they combined for 67 total points. I have to believe he throws for 300 yards plus and 3 touchdowns minimum.
Jalen Hurts, PHI vs. DET ($6,800)
It’s hard to imagine Hurts not eclipsing 20 fantasy points. He has the ability to rush for at least 50 yards and throw for 225 yards minimum and account for 2 touchdowns. Detroit also has an improved offense which could lead to Philadelphia pushing for offense unlike last season when Philadelphia absolutely pummeled the Lions.
Daniel Jones, NYG vs. TEN ($5,000)
If the Giants come into this game healthy, then I am playing Jones heavily. We have rarely seen this guy have time to throw and have his full compliment of receivers. Kenny Golladay, Darius Slayton, and Kadarius Toney can absolutely shred a weak Titan’s secondary. The Titans will bring the heat with their front but the Giants should be improved in pass protection. They also can use the Titan’s heavy rush against them by dumping to Toney and to RB Saquan Barkley who can both score from anywhere on the field.
Running Backs
Christian McCaffrey, CAR vs. CLE ($8,500)
When McCaffrey is healthy, he is the best DFS back. His pass-catching ability and the yards he racks up separate him from the rest. His ability to break the slate is unmatched. A healthy McCaffrey commands 10K in DraftKings so we take advantage of the discount in week 1.
Najee Harris, PIT vs. CIN ($6,400)
Harris can do it all and I expect him to score more fantasy points this season. With Big Ben gone and most likely Mitch Trubisky in, I expect more dump-offs to Harris and he should catch at least 5 passes every week. I expect the Steelers to be trailing in this game and I think Harris has a chance for 6-10 grabs and at least 50 yards on the ground with a touchdown. We are talking 20 plus points.
Travis Etienne Jr., JAX vs. WAS ($5,600)
Etienne is a high-risk, high-reward play in week 1 because we haven’t seen him play a single regular season snap due to him missing the season last year. Also, we may not see much from him this preseason either. But it’s a risk I am willing to take. We know he is a good pass catcher and can make explosive plays and he doesn’t have anyone pushing him. He should get all the volume and at $5,600 should easily make value. If healthy, he is going to be a 7K player.
Wide Receivers
WE Deebo Samuel, SF vs. CHI ($7,400)
Simply put, the Bears are going to stink, I think they will be bad on both sides of the ball and I have the Niners routing them. Also, I think that the coaching staff is going to want to get the Trey Lance – Deebo connection going early and often. Don’t forget about the rushing ability as well.
WR Marquis Brown, ARI vs. KC ($6,200)
Arizona didn’t trade a number 1 pick for Brown and give Kyler Murray a huge extension not to throw the football. This game has a chance to be a shootout against the Chiefs and Hollywood should be much better in this offense than he was in Baltimore. I think they feed him and he has 8 plus catches.
WR Hunter Renfrow, LV vs. LAC ($5,800)
Renfrow was awesome last season and will be overlooked due to WR Davante Adams wearing Raider’s black but I like Renfrow or TE Darrin Waller to shine in this game. The Chargers won’t be able to cover everyone and I expect the coverage to be all about Adams. As mentioned, Vegas expects a high-scoring game here. Renfrow gets it done.
WR Kadarius Toney, NYG vs. TEN ($4,100)
Toney may be the best bargain on the board. $4,100 is a ridiculously low price for a guy who was targeted heavily when in there. As mentioned, the Titans will bring the heat but the Giants like to throw 2- 3 yard passed to him and let him get those RAC yards. He has an ability to make people miss and he can score from anywhere on the field.
TIGHT ENDS
Travis Kelce, KC vs. ARI ($6,600)
I think week 1 is a pay-up spot for tight end, especially if you use QB Daniel Jones. My number one choice is Kelce. With the Chiefs transitioning at wide receiver, I expect Kelce to get a ton of targets and catch a bunch of balls. I have to think he scores as well and closes in on 20 fantasy points.
Darrin Waller, LV vs. LAC ($5,400)
You can play a Raider’s stack or I am going to play Waller in many lineups that I don’t play WR Hunter Renfrow. I think someone other than Adams comes up big in this one. Waller when healthy is a premiere tight end and take advantage of another discount week 1 price.
Irv Smith Jr. (DK: $3,400)
The Packers have struggled against the tight end for many years now and I can see Smith having a good game here. The Pack will have their hands full with the Viking’s deep wide receiver corps leaving Smith some big chunks.