Week 1

airportis

Forum Member
Sep 22, 2006
NJ
Colorado St v. Colorado

This should be a pretty good game. I expect CSU to be a vastly more competitive team than last years 44-7 drubbing the Buffs handed them. I think having a game under their belt last week vrs. Oregon St will also help them in this one.

I have some major reservations though about the Rams run D. Oregon St. was able to run at will against them and for whatever reason strayed away from that game plan and found themselves down, and then were forced to try and go through the air. They "only" gave up 152 on the ground to Oregon St but it could have been a lot more, bearing in mind the Beavers through the ball 47 times.

The Buffs return 3 defensive starters, and the Rams have an extremely potent offense that I think can score on anyone.

I think the game goes over the 66 number. The Buffs return 9 on offense and I wouldn't expect CSU to fix the front 7 in a week.

I don't have an opinion for the side other than I would be shocked if we saw a blowout. Over 66 looks pretty solid to me though. At least one of these should be able to hit 40 by themselves.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

airportis

Forum Member
Sep 22, 2006
NJ
good luck this season fellas. :0074

Ohio St. ovr 39

Kevin Wilson is a hell of an offensive coach. Indiana knows this. He had Indiana, yes Indiana, churning out top offensive numbers during his tenure there. I don't think there is any love lost after he was let go and Ohio St. should really lay it to them tonight. I do like the side as well if I'm being honest. Laying 20 on the road to open the season is not a side you want to consistently be on though.

I'll have to be pretty shocked if Kevin Wilson and his great offensive mind don't know EXACTLY how to attack and exploit a defense on a team he was in charge of less than a year ago.

airportis

Forum Member
Sep 22, 2006
NJ
UW over 40

I like Petersen with time to prepare. I don't like the cross country trip and the road game, but Rutgers really sucked last year. If they got better it is not going to be a world better. UW has nothing to look ahead to as they host Montana next week, and Fresno St. the week after that. This game would scare me if they had something like UCLA on deck but they have a cupcake next week. Petersen knows he might need style points and beating a BIG10 team by as many as possible might help somewhere.

FAU over 28

FAU really isn't that disgusting on offense. Singletary is a really nice back, and their QB situation should be interesting. They should definitely be able to get something out of one of the guys they have under center. I don't think Kiffin will get embarrassed like Butch did last night in his debut. Having all summer to prep for the Navy option knowing you play them Week 1 must help a bit as well. I would not be surprised if FAU wins this game.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg