Aight - let's play some college Bowls

TurdofDoom

Registered
Forum Member
Mar 1, 2019
Merica
Washington impressed me. You had Penix playing at an elite level (doubt he plays that well again but even close is outstanding), wide outs catching anything and everything contested or not, and an o line that shut down Texas pass rush (along with three or four clever sidesteps from Penix). Michigan should be able to run all day on Washington but if they get the yips and do dumb shit like they did v Bama and Penix plays at that same elite level Washington will win that thing. That said Michigan defends the pass much better than Texas and I think they win unless they come out stupid and fall behind.

Slumdog

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 7, 2021
Michigan can only win if they cheat. Harbaugh is a slimy tool. He’s another sbf. Acts all virtuous and caring meanwhile it’s obviously a fake self serving act. He’s a cheater who tainted the game.

Let’s watch harbaugh and Dave portnoy cry Monday night when penix lights them up in the dome. 🤞

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Jord20

Sharp
Forum Member
Jun 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Thanks for all the takes - I’m pounding Michigan very hard in this game. Not sure how yet. Watching line.

I think everything has to go perfect for Washington. Michigan will run it down their throats and limit possessions.

redsfann

ale connoisseur
Forum Member
Aug 3, 1999
Somewhere in Corn Country
Thanks for all the takes - I’m pounding Michigan very hard in this game. Not sure how yet. Watching line.

I think everything has to go perfect for Washington. Michigan will run it down their throats and limit possessions.
Yep. Washington is a nice story, but west coast teams are soft and they don’t play much defense.
Watching Alabama and Michigan pound each other in the trenches was a thing of beauty and Michigan will smash Washington on both sides of the ball and win comfortably on Monday night.

Reactions: hedgehog and Jord20

T

Registered
Forum Member
Sep 1, 2012

Please let me know how you decide to pound UMICH. I will follow on every play.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Jord20

Sharp
Forum Member
Jun 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Penix played out of his mind. He is good, but Texas didn’t get much pressure and their secondary has a history of being smoked my good receivers. Not like Michigan as you mentioned.

Also like you said, i think Michigan will be able to run at will and lessen the amount of Penix possessions

Oregon was a 9.5 favorite on neutral over this team a few weeks ago. PAC 10 isn’t physical. I don’t think they will be able to compete in the trenches

Reactions: Bateman

TurdofDoom

Registered
Forum Member
Mar 1, 2019
Merica
Texas had a good D Line. Especially those DTs. They couldnt get there with four. The flip side of that is Michigan O line will be able to manhandle Washington front 7. If 38 year old Penix plays close to the level of last night, I think Washington wins outright. I think it ends up being a close game. How many tight sphincter miscues will Michigan have and can Penix do it again are the big questions in my mind.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

LonghornMM

Forum Member
Oct 30, 2003
Deer Park, TX
Both Texas and Michigan have very good DL's. The reason why Texas didn't get pressure on Penix is due to how fast he gets rid of the ball. I expect the same result against Michigan.

ChasDee

Forum Member
Dec 14, 2011
Both Texas and Michigan have very good DL's. The reason why Texas didn't get pressure on Penix is due to how fast he gets rid of the ball. I expect the same result against Michigan.
That and Washington has the best O-line in college football. Michigan's pressure in the Alabama game was more due to Alabama's O-line with their heads up their ass! Michigan had ONE sack vs Ohio State and Ohio State had a horrendous O-line. This should be a GREAT game! Either team can win, but only one team is getting the points.

Reactions: LonghornMM

Ndraider

Registered
Forum Member
Jan 12, 2023
Penix is great and so are his receivers. But Michigan's secondary is a different animal.
Even the NFL caliber Ohio st receivers Only
had a couple big plays. The Mich safeties
Have unbelievable ball reading skills. Not
Saying Penix won't make plays just don't
Think his big plays will be as available as
People think.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

BMONEY83

Forum Member
Sep 25, 2009
I watched 2 Wash games from start to finish. One was against Oregon St and one was against Texas. Against Oregon St I thought this Penix kid wouldn’t have started for my high school team, then against Texas thought this kid is a 1st rounder. He’s probably somewhere in middle and that won’t beat Michigan. Go Blue

Vig

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 5, 2016
I watched 2 Wash games from start to finish. One was against Oregon St and one was against Texas. Against Oregon St I thought this Penix kid wouldn’t have started for my high school team, then against Texas thought this kid is a 1st rounder. He’s probably somewhere in middle and that won’t beat Michigan. Go Blue
Exactly. Harbaugh has been been building both lines for 2-3 years. Wash has not. Mich wins, the question is by how much

ET4646

Forum Member
Aug 31, 2003
Penix is great and so are his receivers. But Michigan's secondary is a different animal.
Even the NFL caliber Ohio st receivers Only
had a couple big plays. The Mich safeties
Have unbelievable ball reading skills. Not
Saying Penix won't make plays just don't
Think his big plays will be as available as
People think.
As far as I know it’s only one nfl wr for Ohio st, and there are no QBs in the big ten as good as penix. Wash has 3 nfl receivers, we will see should be good

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Randercity

Wait til HT
Forum Member
That and Washington has the best O-line in college football. Michigan's pressure in the Alabama game was more due to Alabama's O-line with their heads up their ass! Michigan had ONE sack vs Ohio State and Ohio State had a horrendous O-line. This should be a GREAT game! Either team can win, but only one team is getting the points.
Best O-Line is debatable since Michigan has won that award like 3 years in a row and this year's line is the best one yet. Obviously that was with Zinter, who will be missed, but scouts are saying 6 OL of Michigan are NFL bound... thats some depth.

Washington wins it due to pass protection but you saw how UM ran it at Alabama, tonight will be more like 300 on the ground.

With that said, I already played WA and Under in a teaser. I believe Michigan wins that game but Penix will hit enough to keep it under double digits.

Reactions: redsfann

Randercity

Wait til HT
Forum Member
They better hope Michigan doesn't get to Penix. The reason his draft stock is low is injury history. Dude has had ACL in both knees plus a shoulder surgery. 😲

"A series of injuries at Indiana ground down the quarterback mentally and physically. Before he transferred to Washington in December 2021, Penix had already suffered season-ending ACL injuries (2018, 2022) as well as a clavicle injury that required surgery (2019) and a dislocated shoulder (2021)."

Reactions: redsfann

ldabdou

Chillaxin
Forum Member
Dec 28, 2004
Nor Cal
Best O-Line is debatable since Michigan has won that award like 3 years in a row and this year's line is the best one yet. Obviously that was with Zinter, who will be missed, but scouts are saying 6 OL of Michigan are NFL bound... thats some depth.

Washington wins it due to pass protection but you saw how UM ran it at Alabama, tonight will be more like 300 on the ground.

With that said, I already played WA and Under in a teaser. I believe Michigan wins that game but Penix will hit enough to keep it under double digits.
I think the books expect most people to tease udub up to 10.5 or more and most to not tease thru zero. Jmho. GL

Reactions: Randercity
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Jord20

Sharp
Forum Member
Jun 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
I tied a bunch to ML from yesterday tennis/football... unfortunately, I had a horrible day, so I have less than I expected at ML... but still to win about 12x there...

Laid another 10x on Mich -4.5 (5 is fine, I know most have moved there now).

GL tonight if on Michigan!!