Best Restaurant in Bowling Green?

no pepper

OUTSIDE NOW!
Forum Member
Aug 8, 2000
St. Louis
Hey Bowling green area madjackers, headed over to BG next week for a conference and need to take out some prospects to dinner. Our admin says she researched and found Verdi or Mariah's. Can anyone offer input on these joints or any other options? If all else fails we can hit 6-5's place for some free turnips again. Thanks!

SixFive

bonswa
Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
BG, KY, USA
no turnips this year, dang! :142smilie

Mariah's is very good, but it's not at the top of my list. They have a huge assortment of food, and you can look at their menu online. Very good food and in the downtown area which has had a lot of money put into it. Also downtown, you could go to 440 Main which is right on Fountain Square.

Japanese hibachi/cook in front of you: Samurai or Shogun. I like Samurai a little better. For traditional Japanese food and sushi, Yuki is the best, but they don't cook in front of you and perform. All three of these Japanese restaraunts are very good.

I think the Joker's favorite place is Montana Grill. They have very good food as well and a big selection. Dogs That Bark used to really like Rafferty's which is also very good.

We have O'Charleys and Cheddar's which are part of chains, but they are very good too.

We have a Longhorn and Lonestar for steak houses.

Not sure I know about Verdi?? :confused:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

The Joker

Registered
Forum Member
Aug 3, 2008
Tennessee
www.madjacksports.com
Clint did great job of summing it up--
I have never heard of Verdi either:shrug:

Stay away from Verdi's.

The owner is a drag queen and sometimes dresses up and makes fun of his guests - not the kind of place you want to take clients to.

Montana Grill is pretty loud - I take clients there as long as it isn't 12:00pm or around 7:00pm at night. They have the best food and bar IMO.

One option for you is - go to Mariah's (not on the top of my list either - but still good food) then ask for a private room. It costs $2 extra per person, but you have total privacy and can hook up a projector and screen if you like......

no pepper

OUTSIDE NOW!
Forum Member
Aug 8, 2000
St. Louis
Joker, that's a grreat idea since I need to do a software demo at some point anyways. Do you know if the restaurant can provide the screen or the walls are white? The only killer is funky pattern wallpaper. Thanks to all you guys for the input.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg