big fight saturday...

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
surprised there isn`t more buzz....dimitry bivol(20-0/.11 k.o.s..recently defeated canelo rather handily) vs undefeated gilberto 'zurdo" ramirez(44-0/30 ko`s).....

bivol is the master boxer....beautiful to watch...ramirez is the long,rangy southpaw volume puncher...i expect he`ll try to pressure bivol and take him out of his patient,calculated comfort zone....ramirez has a 2.5 inch reach advantage but he really doesn`t use it to maximum advantage.....he`s a bit of a brawler....but not without skill of his own...

i think it`s a very interesting fight....that fact that ramirez is a southpaw is a bit of a wild card because i haven`t watched bivol vs a southpaw...and i think ramirez` 30 k.o.`s might be a bit misleading...i don`t think he`s a devastating puncher(he was a super middleweight until roughly 2020)....but he does work the body and if successful doing so here could be a problem for bivol

this opened at bivol -500 and has been bet down to bivol -345...that`s a significant drop...gun to my head i think bivol might be just too technical but i wouldn`t call this a bag shot...theres some doubt...ramirez definitely has a shot if he can impose his size and aggressive style...

this should be a fun fight to watch because both are undefeated and their styles clash...somebody will impose their will here.....after watching bivol handle canelo,i think he`s really underrated...but he goes from beating a very short,patient canelo to fighting a very long,active southpaw who should pressure him....my problem with ramirez is that he was in life and death struggles with jesse hart in two fights.....hart`s good but i think bivol would school him...

really a fun fight stylistically... for me,the highlight of the weekend...

Last edited:

BOXLOCKS

Surveyor
Forum Member
Sep 14, 2002
Hell
discord.com
Excellent fight...agree there should be more buzz. Bivol is slightly overvalued after the Canelo win, but he's the rightful favorite here. I think this def goes rounds, like all of them. Ramirez has a chance with his size and workrate, but Bivol is much quicker with better feet. I'm on the Over and Draw...can't argue with a small play on Ramirez +300 tho

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg